Votes: 48 12.4%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 23 5.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 13 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I have heard so many people say how disappointed they were that the game was one-sided. Had they been watching closely they would have seen a perfect example of how brilliantly our lovely game can be played.
Hardly a disappointment, nor a waste of time. Best ball game on the planet, especially when it's played to this level of perfection. Those who say otherwise know little of the joys sport can provide. They watch it for the wrong reasons.
I like a close game but also like a powerful drubbing 👍

Shades of 2003, saving the best for the GF

I caved

uSQZxve.png

I did want to buy it on grand final day... changed my mind earlier in the week (would have just got the bluray and the victory pack set etc). But it was there, I had to have it :p

I caved

uSQZxve.png

I did want to buy it on grand final day... changed my mind earlier in the week (would have just got the bluray and the victory pack set etc). But it was there, I had to have it :p

Rookie error, it’ll be in the bargain bin next week

Rookie error, it’ll be in the bargain bin next week

JB had 20% off so it was $16 - worth the price of being able to watch Sydney get thrashed over and over and over again (makes a nice change from the 2014 grand final).

I still intend on getting the bluray and victory pack upon release.

Shame that the quality of the grand final dvd started slipping in 2012 - onward. I thought 2015 was ok (if you liked watching footage that resembled being under water), 16-18 were passable. But this 2024 dvd its like watching a mid 90s video on a 33.6k modem.

Upscaling makes it slightly better but oh boy its not great. May as well just watch the recording off the hdd instead :p

Just some trivia:

Apparently South Melbourne & Fitzroy first battled at the SCG in an exho in 1905

Fitzroy played in the first VFL match at the SCG in early 1903. Apparently that was also the first official VFL match to trial worn player numbers on the back of guernseys (a decade later 1912 was when it became common practice). Crowd of 18K watched them defeat Collingwood.

On 7th July 1883 South Melbourne also apparently played the local side Sydney at the SCG (then known as the Association Ground).

tipping a collingwood premiership in 2025 its a case of thowing the kitchen sink at flag number 17 i feel and a case of 2026 -2028 as rebuld and as long as the pies make it too flag 17 who first who cares after that tipping Pies and Lions again and Pies win it by 29 points Nick Daicos Norm Smith

tipping a collingwood premiership in 2025 its a case of thowing the kitchen sink at flag number 17 i feel and a case of 2026 -2028 as rebuld and as long as the pies make it too flag 17 who first who cares after that tipping Pies and Lions again and Pies win it by 29 points Nick Daicos Norm Smith
But i feel geelong is a shoe in for the flag next year.

These two things do not compute.

First Norm Smith medalist with under 15 touches, while brother Josh gets 33 touches and kicks 3 goals without a vote 😎

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lacked any real moments.

Only one was the Hipwood goal early in the final quarter think it was like 2 mins in.

Was on all 4s and kicked the goal from 40 m out hard angle.

Absoulutly no pressure from the Swans and happen to get a boot on it.

It sunk the Swans hearts.

I was in the Swans cheer squad end and was like a wake in a funeral.

The red and white hearts sunk.

The other end Lions party mode.

All in all was a real stinker of a GF.

Nothing for the highlight reals.

I knew Lions would win as Swans just had no pressure and did not want the footy.

I think they had an alergy to the leather that day.

Lions had it all.

In other words was a training drill just in front of 100k.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Grand Final AFL 2024 GRAND FINAL: 2024 Premiers BRISBANE LIONS

Back