Discussion AFL 2024 Grand Final: Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice of him to confirm a red sherrin will be used for a 2:30 bounce.

No matter how one slices it, two shades of red isn't sufficient contrast for the game's centrepiece event. If Sydney must be in full home, then the Lions have to be in bears w/ maroon shorts.

Do we have footage of the Lions wearing white shorts and home jumpers against the Swans. Do we have proof that it would be made worse with white shorts.
Actually, using the Geelong rule where they wear white shorts most of the time, wouldn't Sydney have to wear white shorts if the Lions wearing white shorts would make the clash worse.
1. There's photos.

2. 🤷🏻‍♂️

3. The Sydney (and Gold Coast) rule means no one wears white shorts against them and vice versa. The exception being when Gold Coast and Brisbane play each other, and when Sydney and Gold Coast play each other.

Do we have footage of the Lions wearing white shorts and home jumpers against the Swans. Do we have proof that it would be made worse with white shorts.
Actually, using the Geelong rule where they wear white shorts most of the time, wouldn't Sydney have to wear white shorts if the Lions wearing white shorts would make the clash worse.

Obviously this has Sydney in their clash, but yeah I dont think white shorts would help

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd recommended watching the highlights from 2022.
While I'm of the opinion that there should be a clash worn in this match up, in practise it's probably not one of the worst clashes in the league.
Might be a different story in the afternoon sun, we'll see.

Maroon v red is analogous to navy v royal blue.

And Melbourne v Bulldogs in home strips was acceptable so this is no different.
Ugh I don’t think so. I would classify Melbourne’s jumper as dark, and the Dogs’ as light-middle. I’d guess 😅 there to be a greater contrast ratio between their and the Dogs’ blue than Swans vs Lions ‘red’.

If it were Gold Coast vs Brisbane, then such a comparison just maybe could hold up as the Lions would be able to wear white shorts to good effect. The Dees have zero white on their guernsey, which helped the 2021 contrast work well.

If the Swans were to wear white shorts vs the Lions in full home on Saturday, it’d be a visually acceptable matchup.

Just my opinion - disagreement is welcome! ☺️

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion AFL 2024 Grand Final: Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back