Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 9 - Blues v Demons Thurs May 9th 7:30pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 8 9.4%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 42 49.4%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

True - it wasn't perfect , having some of our players back helped. But still missing six of our preferred starting line-up. These guys need to play as much football together as possible not spectating from the stands.
Carlton simply had to get the 4 points which it did. Playing perfect football is nice but essentially irrelevant this stage of the year

Seems like a few clubs you have played have a similar plan

I don’t think we have flogged any other teams so unequivocally this season and gotten bored and given up

We saw that Melbourne were clearly outplaying Carlton in that time, so much so that they were scoring unanswered even when it was brought to the middle. Thereby, going on probabilities, it is more likely that the pattern would've continued, especially if it were following the momentum of a goal as opposed to the deflating nature of a disallowed one. We saw that Melbourne were tearing Carlton up each time it went to the 6-6-6 set up and it aided Melbourne in that the Carlton defence was less congested.

As for "crumbles", is that what happened to you when you got cocky in questioning my knowledge over my post about Melbourne not being that good in mid-2022 when they were on a 10-game winning streak? And then being proven wrong on them after they went out in straight sets two years in a row and on Carlton when they missed the finals in 2022 entirely after you were adamant they were going to make it? You'd think for someone who was directly schooled by me on two teams when you really thought you had something would be a little more humble. You were quiet as a mouse. Certainly didn't have anything to say then.

Like I said then, and I say now, it's all proven in hindsight.

"Your analysis means nothing."
Probabilities, haha.

Point is we'll never know. Moreso, your point is logically flawed given that's not how things work. But I'm so happy you care so much that you decided to rant on a troll two years ago. You say it means nothing but your entire post is moot given such an alternate universe isn't real. Which makes your scenario not grounded in reality.

Go and win a final first before calling our team ordinary, lol. But thanks for the essay and morning entertainment, Professor Crumble.

What is commonsense to some requires an advanced physics course for others. And even then, I doubt the reality of one event changing every single one after would be comprehensible.

It is one of the simplest ways to identify remaining the few remaining Homo Erectus creatures from the Home Sapien lineage.
I'm not sure Professor Crumble is human, but they sure are upset and seem certain that one change would result in a certain outcome. Y'know, probabilities and all that. Only that the probabilities aren't 100%.

All I see you do is swing and miss. Golf might not be your thing. Perhaps try theoretical physics about alternate universes instead?

It warms my heart that you pay so much attention to my posting. I’ll stick to golf you stick to Star Trek alright

Can somebody explain this to me. How can the umpire call play on before a player has kicked the ball while shooting for goal? I noticed this with Gawn's last kick, the umpire called play on as he was lining up and moving forward to take the kick. Is this a new rule?

I don't consider it a win or a loss. it wasn't a real game of footy with those umpires. it was unrecognisable. Go and watch the replay. Was the Steven May one touched? Was the Van Rooyen one dangerous tackle? Was the 4 Sam Walsh ones holding the ball? Was the Hollands not giving the ball back 50m penalty? Unless you're going to answer these questions with video evidence I won't entertain this. Pathetic umpiring .

Jason Sudeikis Ted Lasso GIF by Apple TV

Can somebody explain this to me. How can the umpire call play on before a player has kicked the ball while shooting for goal? I noticed this with Gawn's last kick, the umpire called play on as he was lining up and moving forward to take the kick. Is this a new rule?

Didn't he just run off his line?

He ran off his line

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More false claims, you really do struggle 😉
It's so odd to think you and Thrawn support the same club. A gentleman, juxtaposed against a frustrated tapeworm. But if we're all having fun, it matters not. Expected response: "okay".

I was merely seeing if you would like to join me in calling out pathetic whingers (you said it was a hobby of yours). It turns out you are actually more willing to side with them. Oh.

what's your justification for minimising the most credible award in footy? Oliver has won it twice. If Petracca is good enough he will need to also win it at least once.

Oliver has had more brownlow votes if you value that award.

How do you justify the Melbourne coaches giving Oliver 4 bnf's versus Petraccs only 2?
The coaches are telling you directly they have rated Oliver higher.

Oliver is 1.5 years younger too by the way! 9 seasons, and hes been elite for 7 of them.

2018- 3rd in league in disposals and clearances. 2nd in the league in tackles.

2019- 9th in disposals,5th in clearances, 7th in tackles

2020- 9th in dispoaals, 1st in clearances, 9th in tackles.

These are all elite seasons.

Injuries isnt an excuse. Its legit. He missed 11 weeks with a hamstring. Its a factor.

You're not crediting Oliver enough. He will go down with the disposals all time record, clearances all time record and contested possession all time record. barring injury. I'm not judging Oliver based off an injury riddled 12 months. He's more than proven himself and his accolades speak for themselves.

Petracca can't match Oliver's consistency and that's why Oliver usually wins the BnF's.

Petracca had a career year in 2021, winning the norm etc. but Oliver still wins the BnF.

And if you're going to judge their careers as a whole then you've got to judge Petraccas first 4 years where he was just a so-so player averaging about 18 possessions a game and then he broke out in his 5th year to get 23.5 touches a game. He truly broke out in his 6th year. By that time Oliver had already put together several elite seasons.
“With a hamstring” 😂😂😂
Oh Dan, stop it. I’m trying to read BF at work and I just LOLd
You’re hilarious

Its obvious there's a few kids posting on here. "Wasn't a real contest", "got bored and our team stopped playing", " umpires are a conspiracy" etc etc.

It's okay to post obviously if you're a young'un, but try to be mature. If you're gonna post troll-y crap, there's a dedicated board for that.

There were two clear reasons Carlton won this game;

1) Melbourne's inability to score in the first quarter. The game was actually pretty close, but Calton were much better at scoring. In reality Melbourne should have won by about 10 goals - even with that absolute spud Van Rooyan up forward waiting oxygen.

2) Inncorect umpiring. The free kick for the Silly Salmon move was wrong to everyone who saw it, and paying deliberate out of boands for a 50/50 ruck contest has never been a rule (taking out the fact if it was paid it should have been against Carlton).
Hopefully it was just human error and not on pre-planned, but there needs to be an independent investigation (ie, not by the AFL). At a minimum, an umpire needs to lose their job, but I also think betting accounts, bank accounts, and phones of the umpires involved and their families need to be checked to rule out corruption.

Until umpire corruption can be ruled out, the AFL needs to immediately bring in a coaches challenge system. No team should have to put up with that crap again.

There were two clear reasons Carlton won this game;

1) Melbourne's inability to score in the first quarter. The game was actually pretty close, but Calton were much better at scoring. In reality Melbourne should have won by about 10 goals - even with that absolute spud Van Rooyan up forward waiting oxygen.

2) Inncorect umpiring. The free kick for the Silly Salmon move was wrong to everyone who saw it, and paying deliberate out of boands for a 50/50 ruck contest has never been a rule (taking out the fact if it was paid it should have been against Carlton).
Hopefully it was just human error and not on pre-planned, but there needs to be an independent investigation (ie, not by the AFL). At a minimum, an umpire needs to lose their job, but I also think betting accounts, bank accounts, and phones of the umpires involved and their families need to be checked to rule out corruption.

Until umpire corruption can be ruled out, the AFL needs to immediately bring in a coaches challenge system. No team should have to put up with that crap again.
10 goals 😂

Back