Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:
This game definitely has potential, plays like these are awesome to see unfold, will day grabs from the middle, kicks into space to a leading wingard who spears it to moore for the goal

I'm shocked the Geelong player didn't teleport 10 metres to lay a tackle like what has been happening to me.

Simulated first season in management mode and majority of draft pics in national draft are players in their mid 20s or some even 30 years old.
No way I'm touching management mode until this is in a more stable place and things like this are fixed. No point.

Is it true you can't play 2P locally with two controllers at the moment? Surely not.

If camera is occluded by said item, could it not be programmed to not be drawn? Eg. When an open world game doesn't draw the trees, houses etc not in view or behind the player?
There are technical issues around this with crowd, how the stadium is built (size of geometry), etc. and then switching for replay cameras/cut-scenes, etc. fair to say if the guys have made any errors where there is no occlusion or points of interest in view then we will swap to the normal broadcast side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BigAntStudios JNT BA

I would love to offer some commentary on the actual gameplay of AFL 23, however, I can not get even that far. My game, even after re-installing multiple times and updating drivers does not seem to be loading assets (?). The loading animation on launch (where it pans across the stage to the AFL 23 logo) is mostly blacked out, the grounds and player models are black. Not sure if this has been raised directly, but thought I would raise it anyways.

You can see it in this post and this post.

I would love to experience the gameplay everyone is talking about, but in any case, I was impressed the last time I played Cricket 22 after the state it was in when I originally played, it was a drastic improvement, so I don't have the panic stations running yet. 🏌️‍♂️

Here is a screenshot of how the menu looks:

QHSJ9GB.jpg

My biggest gripe is Matt Rowell having brown hair. He is the fiercest ranga I have ever seen.

And yet for some unexplained reason they can’t just release the right version…..
We don't know for sure, but if the patch corrupted then applying fixes to the corrupted version won't fix the underlying issues.

They would need to go back to a "working version" and then re-apply the fixes one by one to make sure nothing else breaks.

BigAntStudios JNT BA

I would love to offer some commentary on the actual gameplay of AFL 23, however, I can not get even that far. My game, even after re-installing multiple times and updating drivers does not seem to be loading assets (?). The loading animation on launch (where it pans across the stage to the AFL 23 logo) is mostly blacked out, the grounds and player models are black. Not sure if this has been raised directly, but thought I would raise it anyways.

You can see it in this post and this post.

I would love to experience the gameplay everyone is talking about, but in any case, I was impressed the last time I played Cricket 22 after the state it was in when I originally played, it was a drastic improvement, so I don't have the panic stations running yet. 🏌️‍♂️

Here is a screenshot of how the menu looks:

QHSJ9GB.jpg
Fair guernsey clash here

This game definitely has potential, plays like these are awesome to see unfold, will day grabs from the middle, kicks into space to a leading wingard who spears it to moore for the goal

Very rough, but that's the competency if it were close to the standard gameplay, excluding the bad player turn movement, that would make it easily the best AFL game ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back