Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:
Clicking "Select logo" in the guernsey creator/editor crashes the game :(.
Make sure to tag Ross and raise a ticket to support for that. Fingers crossed it’s a one off

The steam patch is good but I'll be honest, really struggling here. What is the timing for a contested grab? And for punching? Are you meant to stand in the circle, or in front of it? The easier it gets to play the game the more frustrating some of the basics are becoming.

The steam patch is good but I'll be honest, really struggling here. What is the timing for a contested grab? And for punching? Are you meant to stand in the circle, or in front of it? The easier it gets to play the game the more frustrating some of the basics are becoming.
I cannot win a bounce either - what should the timing be?

Just played a game on 3.5 minute quarters on hard. Was up 4.1 to 0.1 as Geelong against Adelaide, then behind 5.1 to 4.1, ended up winning 6.1 to 5.3.

Comments;
  1. Goal kicking still too easy
  2. Still too hard to get a kick away - had 75 handballs and 47 kicks.
  3. Able to get a clearance kick sometimes at least
  4. Definitely less congested. Problem is because kicking is hard I try to handball clear from clearance. And too often those handballs are intercepted. Haven't tried clearance handball or bounce handball so that could be why.
  5. Marking definitely feels a lot better still. Though still no AI spoils and definitely could have this time. But maybe it's better this way because you kind of need AI not spoiling to balance the AI's ability to hit targets all the time and not wasting time powering up their kicks.
  6. Didn't have any major 'glitches'. Player control seemed fine. Still unable to change player when standing the mark which is frustrating.
  7. Player handball receives still flat footed, massive frustration. So many times you're out and then the last link in the chain just stands their like he's ****ing Cain Ackland and gets tackled.

Gonna try another game and will post further thoughts afterwards.

I cannot win a bounce either - what should the timing be?
All I know is that it is earlier than you think it should be. Which will become normal after a while. Same for punching and marking.

One for the back log - it would be good if there was feedback flashed on screen so the player knew if they were late to the contest or it was a stats differential. Or both! Two little traffic lights in the bottom corner should do it.

For marking, I found that game I was able to justle a little. Pushing into my opponent seemed to work when I had the better position. I'll test it again in my next game and confirm.

Just played a game on 3.5 minute quarters on hard. Was up 4.1 to 0.1 as Geelong against Adelaide, then behind 5.1 to 4.1, ended up winning 6.1 to 5.3.

Comments;
  4. Definitely less congested. Problem is because kicking is hard I try to handball clear from clearance. And too often those handballs are intercepted. Haven't tried clearance handball or bounce handball so that could be why.
  5. Marking definitely feels a lot better still. Though still no AI spoils and definitely could have this time. But maybe it's better this way because you kind of need AI not spoiling to balance the AI's ability to hit targets all the time and not wasting time powering up their kicks.
  6. Didn't have any major 'glitches'. Player control seemed fine. Still unable to change player when standing the mark which is frustrating.
  7. Player handball receives still flat footed, massive frustration. So many times you're out and then the last link in the chain just stands their like he's ******* Cain Ackland and gets tackled.

It's the AI tackling for me 20-2 half time, doing my head in......been a issue for a few days now.

Even User tackling isn't great

Comments;
  7. Player handball receives still flat footed, massive frustration. So many times you're out and then the last link in the chain just stands their like he's ******* Cain Ackland and gets tackled.

Oh will add player stats;

Disposals:
Dangerfield 15
Holmes 13
Milera 13
Close 13
Blicavs 12
Berry 12
Laird 12
C.Guthrie 11
B.Smith 10
Cameron 10

On 7.5 minute quarters that would be;
Dangerfield 32
Holmes 27
Milera 27
Close 27
Blicavs 25
Berry 25
Laird 25
Guthrie 23
Smith 21
Cameron 21

Looks like 7.5m quarters is the go for realistic stats and scores. Will play that on my next game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some issues that affect my personal experience:

• Game crashes when trying to select logos in jersey creator
  • Still can’t edit real players stats and positions
  • interchange still doesn’t have an auto setting
  • no tactics yet
  • management mode drafting still broken

Fixes that have been made that I’ve appreciated:

• Can now edit individual team lineups in competition mode
  • Coaches and umpires are now always in the right body
  • Less crashes during season and management mode

Gameplay will come along but these are nice to have

Can someone post the patch notes for those blocked please?

And why on earth is it so hard to get an answer about the commentary. Like trying to extract blood from a stone.

For marking, I found that game I was able to justle a little. Pushing into my opponent seemed to work when I had the better position. I'll test it again in my next game and confirm.
How are you going punching in defence - what is the timing? Being absolutely hung out to dry here. On easy.

The game looks like it’s improving every day.

I hope we see goalkicking become more challenging as others have mentioned, it should be a skill and also related to the players stats.

I wouldn't blame them if they decided to drop Hamish from the game, he's like nails on a chalkboard
My counterpoint is that huddo is the main commentator. If nails on a chalk board was the limit that rules out all bar Bennett and Heally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back