Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:
We're working right now on why the uploaded logos are not working/crashing - there is very likely a fix on that tonight for Steam (nice thing about PC is we can find/fix/upload fast).

Really hoping to see some good custom teams shared :)
I've been making SGL kits since the patch. I have managed to upload my SVGs as I've spent about a month optimising them in Illustrator.
They appear in the Custom logo section but when I try to insert logos, I can tab across to the Second page, but then when I go to scroll to the new stuff I have made it goes back to desktop.

AI teleport tackling for me is the last piece to really getting down and dirty with this game.

Cannot express how frustrating it is to get hauled in from 5 metres away when I’ve already out-run the AI from a ground ball. Rest of the game is workable enough, but this bit is really getting on my quince.
For those struggling with tackling, try holding triangle or Y, world of difference. I played out a grinding contested game against the Cats at GMHBA this morning that felt so, so good as I was able to really focus on keeping the ball in tight and avoiding getting killed on the outside.

It’s footy folks.

Also, utilise the clearance kick. L2 and A on Xbox controller. Has made my stoppage work so much more realistic (sans the feckin teleporting), and escapes the initial contest well. I feel like I’m actually Tim Taranto just bombing it forward with no rhyme or reason.

Gameplay Wishlist:
  • I get why there’s no bounce button, but there needs to be in my opinion. When I’m controlling a running defender in space, I will bounce it as early as possible should congestion come up ahead. The player should be in control of this.
  • the ability to call a spare defender over to a marking contest to spoil.
  • tactics overlay. Pleeeeease. Would be so nice to play with four forwards and an extra defender and perhaps a midfield sweeper. The archetypes that are in game show off how we’ve got intercepting and rebounding backs, which is what I want to flirt with.
  • auto interchange a must - can I be greedy and request the ability to customise my starting bounce set ups? For eg, if I want to kick quick goals, I’d rather start with a set up of Bolton, Martin, Hopper than Prestia, Taranto and Cotchin.
  • an explanation on how player archetypes work. I’d like to see how I can use them more effectively.

I’m on board with where this is going.

Game crashes when trying to select logos in jersey creator
We're looking at it now as it's working for us in the office.

Still can’t edit real players stats and positions
This will never be a thing in Official Seasons, we need to stick with Champion Data - because people have requested it, we are investigating people being able to copy the team as a "Custom Team" and making that editable.
Will adding custom guernseys to official teams ever be a thing?

I've been making SGL kits since the patch. I have managed to upload my SVGs as I've spent about a month optimising them in Illustrator.
They appear in the Custom logo section but when I try to insert logos, I can tab across to the Second page, but then when I go to scroll to the new stuff I have made it goes back to desktop.
We think we've found the issue - new patch in under an hour for Steam.

Cannot express how frustrating it is to get hauled in from 5 metres away when I’ve already out-run the AI from a ground ball. Rest of the game is workable enough, but this bit is really getting on my quince.
For those struggling with tackling, try holding triangle or Y, world of difference. I played out a grinding contested game against the Cats at GMHBA this morning that felt so, so good as I was able to really focus on keeping the ball in tight and avoiding getting killed on the outside.
I really hope that is fixed soon

Will adding custom guernseys to official teams ever be a thing?
There are so many reasons we wouldn't be allowed to alter "Official" kit.

The work-around is to make a custom team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Game crashes when trying to select logos in jersey creator
We're looking at it now as it's working for us in the office.

Still can’t edit real players stats and positions
This will never be a thing in Official Seasons, we need to stick with Champion Data - because people have requested it, we are investigating people being able to copy the team as a "Custom Team" and making that editable.
This is already possible to an extent, haven't tried changing ratings but have added extra players to official teams.

So just a random thought, a few people have noticed that it seems to be in Management Career mode that the user teams AFL coach pops up bald and generic looking like a created player. Does this mean it should be patched in, the option to edit said coach before the game mode starts..?

BigAntStudios

My mates and i in Evo 2 made a group of both an AFL & VFL team competing in a management mode where we would replace a side and come in and play.

Will this be possible in AFL23? if so when? and would that include a possible 19th team extension ability?

So just a random thought, a few people have noticed that it seems to be in Management Career mode that the user teams AFL coach pops up bald and generic looking like a created player. Does this mean it should be patched in, the option to edit said coach before the game mode starts..?
There's a difference between the "bald" coaches (that's a bug) and the replaced ones, e.g. Bevo isn't captured, others captured late and will be patched in as they are made - the choice was to have no cut-scenes for those teams or just use another person we had on hand (we chose the latter).

Played one last little 5 min quarter game before all the patches hit on PS.

Won by 110 on the hardest difficulty and Naughton kicked 14.

Good night sweet broken prince.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back