Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:
Can you feel the difference between players? Speed/skills etc?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Skills I'm not 100% sure on, in all facets at least. I think it could be more noticeable. I've had Paddy Cripps bomb one too many goals from the 50m arc to feel like it's totally representative of his foot skills, though then again he has kicked a few OOTF, but that might have either been me skill-issuing or maybe even just one of the skill glitches that have been documented before where it just blasts towards the boundary line for some reason.

Speed, yes, to a point. There's still those moments where players seem bogged down a bit and then suddenly get a surge of speed, but if you compare the top speed of say Adam Saad to Pittonet, then there's a clear difference.

That said, my custom player, an inside mid who is literally the slowest bloke in the AFL, no kicking penetration but powerful handballer and with great positioning smarts (kinda like a modern day discount Diesel) is always my litmus test for these AFL games. His inability to kick over distance is noticeable, and while he's a beast in tight and wins clearances all day, can be exposed on the spread. So that feels pretty realistic.

Is 1.09 the latest patch for ps4? Haven’t played for 3 days think it was 1.06 last time I played. Looking forward to seeing how different it is from that patch

Few things missing and need changing;

Tackling sucks, way too many get shrugged off or don’t land, the AI also love watching a player get a kick off without helping if it’s not there direct opponent

AI fails to man up, particularly when playing through the wings making the difficulty feel out of my control, this is exasterbated by the fact that I can’t move off the mark to help cover it

Game needs Sliders badly to let people make there own difficulty

Management mode needs custom team option

Player creator needs a commentary name option as they always get it wrong in game

Player creator needs a commentary name option as they always get it wrong in game
Ah yes, thank you for reminding me! This was something I noticed with my custom player. The commentators call him "Wood" or something which is totally not his surname.

Evo 1 & 2 seemed to have it so that if the surname matched an existing name in the game, it just worked with the commentary. Or you could otherwise choose to have the commentators refer to the player by number or a nickname from a drop down list. Not sure how past Big Ant titles did it.

Few things missing and need changing;

Tackling sucks, way too many get shrugged off or don’t land, the AI also love watching a player get a kick off without helping if it’s not there direct opponent

AI fails to man up, particularly when playing through the wings making the difficulty feel out of my control, this is exasterbated by the fact that I can’t move off the mark to help cover it

Game needs Sliders badly to let people make there own difficulty

Management mode needs custom team option

I didn’t mind the old “Big Chungus” on evo!

I didn’t mind the old “Big Chungus” on evo!
I created Dennis Nedry from Jurassic Park on Evo 2 and had the commentary call him "The Whale" 😅

Can you feel the difference between players? Speed/skills etc?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I haven’t really noticed a difference in speed, can’t really break away from a contest with a player you’d expect to be exceptionally quick. Might do what somebody else mentioned and create a couple players to test

Livestreaming some of the new console patch over on twitch.tv/slimbeanieau

giveaways coming when pro team arrives !!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would love to share some insights but I've had 3 system hangs at the main title screen (press A to start)

And 2 hangs and crashes back to desktop during attempted matches

The patch seems like it's broken something, wait and see if others share if they've experienced more crashes.

** The title screen hanging has happened to me the first time I boot the game after the update has downloaded and 'installed' throughout this week. Tonight it happened multiple times in a row.

The crashes during matches have been super rare for me, I'm concerned as like others I want a flawless performance.
How do you get title screen hanging to stop I haven’t been able to get past the ti5le screen for 5 days

How do you get title screen hanging to stop I haven’t been able to get past the ti5le screen for 5 days

Unsure, each time it happened to me after downloading the update I had to CTRL-ALT-DELETE then "sign out", once the desktop and steam reloaded, I would be able to get back into the game and go past the title screen.

Was playing a nail biting game as Sydney and led Carlton by 7 pts at half time, skipped the cutscenes and the game slowed down to like 10fps and Horse became the goal umpire 🤣 dunno whether to be pissed off or indifferent lol

Unsure, each time it happened to me after downloading the update I had to CTRL-ALT-DELETE then "sign out", once the desktop and steam reloaded, I would be able to get back into the game and go past the title screen.
See with me I keep downloading the new patches but then I still can’t get in it just says unable to sign in in the corner and this reall long connection error code

Has anyone on ps4 had much luck playing management mode? I’ve just been playing season lately and haven’t experienced any crashing… wondering if it’s running on ps4 alright before I get stuck in and it crashes on me.

See with me I keep downloading the new patches but then I still can’t get in it just says unable to sign in in the corner and this reall long connection error code

Only advice I can suggest is sending screenshots and info to Submit a ticket

They'll hopefully look into it and maybe have a solution in the future. It's a pain - I had issues with AFL Evolution on pc (also couldn't get past the title screen) for a brief period when it released.

Only advice I can suggest is sending screenshots and info to Submit a ticket

They'll hopefully look into it and maybe have a solution in the future. It's a pain - I had issues with AFL Evolution on pc (also couldn't get past the title screen) for a brief period when it released.
F4BC4F10-9F2E-4E50-B65B-64E5591EFF0B.jpeg
This is what it looks like every time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back