Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:
I think there is a slap along the ground mechanic, but that doesn't help when you're in possession of the ball and are rushing towards the boundary line.

I think it’s hold square on PS. I did it a few
Times after centre bounces pre patch, as I was spamming handball to get the ball out and realised they were hitting it forward

I would love to know the specific marking controls (how to time, when to let go) also is it just me or any ruck contest i win, %95 of the time i wont get the ball and it goes on a run towards the oppositions fwd line, then get out marked as i dont know how to do it. Anyone else struggling to tackle still as well? Tackles dont stick and they just evade or handball it out everytime.

Small thing, but can we have the option to skip the coin toss. That coin flipping animation is so incredibly unnecessary it hurts.

Small thing, but can we have the option to skip the coin toss. That coin flipping animation is so incredibly unnecessary it hurts.

It adds a bit of fun to the proceedings, and is a Big Ant stamp for the game as well. I say keep.

Or better yet, introduce the “Shazza” patch! JNT BA?

Attachments

• C2A12FEB-EC0A-44F9-B3B2-61931D74D37B.jpeg
    C2A12FEB-EC0A-44F9-B3B2-61931D74D37B.jpeg
    59.3 KB · Views: 62

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Balanced rucking?
Proper marking contests?
High tackles?
Deliberate out of bounds?
50 metre penalties?

Will these ever be added? WW had them :shrug:
You haven't experienced deliberate out of bounds? I've experienced many of them, due to stupid bugs that cause you to kick and handball directly towards the boundary line.

But can you slap the ball to go behind you?

Yeah I’m not sure, I’d say probably not. But I guess if the foundation is there to hit forward surely they could implement something near the boundary lines.

Btw as mentioned earlier when you pick it up near the boundary and run it over constantly, I played a heap of aflw matches yesterday on ps4 and the handing of the women’s near the boundary I was able to pick it up and turn to keep it in. Depending on how close you were obviously.

Also I spammed handball and if you had a player near by they would handball back in to play which I thought was cool, sometimes they hand-balled back into space as well as hand-balling out of bounds as well which was annoying.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Took me a while to realize you get to choose the side of the coin if you're the away team.... Then get to choose the direction if you win it.
I also say keep it... as people got annoyed in previous games when you couldn't do it.

But yeah, conditions like the wind need to be shown so you can appropriately choose what to do.

2nd that. The wind needs to be fixed or work if it isn’t already. The coin toss would be so much more worth it if the wind played a part in the game. Giving you that 1st quarter advantage if you pick the way the winds blowing would make the toss exciting

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

What in the actual *%$!!!!

While player movement and handballs feel so much better online matches are absolutely broken.

So much delay and unresponsiveness and just had a match where I won, the Lions song started playing and yet, the 4th quarter restarted and we played it all over again.

I don’t know whether to laugh or cry!! 🤣🥲

JNT BA BigAntStudios

Is the AI tackle distance being turned down in a patch today?

I think I speak for a lot of people when I say it’s the main bugbear right now, if they can’t teleport tackle the game opens right up with all the recent patching and will be extremely fun and playable.

Had a quick game before work with the latest patches on PS and it was a lot of fun, albeit frustrating with the teleport tackling. I think it’s a priority as the gameplay will be so much cleaner.

For what it’s worth, I kicked 3 goals to zip in the first quarter playing as Bris v Hawthorn, Hawthorn kicked 2 goals to nil in the second, we had an even match in the third where I held a 2 point lead and then the Hawks kicked in front with about 40 seconds remaining. I had a torpedo after the siren from outside 50 that sadly fell short.

JNT BA BigAntStudios

I think I speak for a lot of people when I say it’s the main bugbear right now, if they can’t teleport tackle the game opens right up with all the recent patching and will be extremely fun and playable.

Had a quick game before work with the latest patches on PS and it was a lot of fun, albeit frustrating with the teleport tackling. I think it’s a priority as the gameplay will be so much cleaner.

For what it’s worth, I kicked 3 goals to zip in the first quarter playing as Bris v Hawthorn, Hawthorn kicked 2 goals to nil in the second, we had an even match in the third where I held a 2 point lead and then the Hawks kicked in front with about 40 seconds remaining. I had a torpedo after the siren from outside 50 that sadly fell short.
Agreed, I hope this is the priority for today tbh.

JNT BA BigAntStudios

Definitely ought to be a priority I'd think. The only saving grace of the teleport tackling is I realised you can do it to the AI as well.

Played a couple games this morning and noticed a few issues.
  • Crashes seem largely fixed but for when:
    • I spoiled a footy into the post on season mode. Crashed it straight away.
    • Crashed a play now game within two minutes straight after that.
  • Manual interchange - a player who I've brought on appears where the ball is bounced with their opponent at the next centre bounce.
  • Game tells me I've used my sub when I haven't.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back