Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:
Are there many games out there new for under $79-$89?
One thing you can be assured of is that it is only going to improve.

Don't be too put off, I'd find a friend that has it and try it out!!

The movements were horrible last weekend, but a week later, it has improved a lot. It's still not perfect, but it's much more playable.

It's worth the risk/investment.
I'm having fun with the game. There are some parts that I get frustrated with, but I'm sure Big Ant are aware of these bugs/issues and will take care of them as soon as they can.

At the end of the day, if it's not your cuppa tea, then you can refund the game within 7 days (EB Games).

Cheers lads

Just needed my arm twisted a little haha

Buy it now and you have a game missing most of its features, regularly crashes, and has weird bugs all over the place, and the "honour" of being an unpaid beta tester. But you (might) end up with a decent game by waiting a few weeks/months (and maybe even a cheaper game in the secondhand market too).

I don't get the risk/investment argument at all.

To think we got straight lied to about the "wrong patch" being released to now weeks down the track and still struggling to get the game to work.

BigAntStudios I think we as the consumers and people paying for this product would rather complete transparency and no BS.

The fact I can't finish an online game without it crashing is ridiculous, not to mention the literal 50+ other issues.

Game refunded and can be sure to never buy a BigAnt game again.
More like 500+ issues. Everything from ball generic coaches, to players having 20 way ties for the Brownlow medal with 400 votes a piece. Gameplay, online, management mode and everything in between.

AFL23 has SO MUCH POTENTIAL But Hopefully Cricket 24 gets pushed back to August-September, so this AFL game gets the love and care it so desperately needs.

Last edited:
Because if he doesn't like the game, he can literally take it back for a full refund.

Hasnt crashed once for me. Does have bugs, but what game doesnt? Again, this is my opinion base on my experience.
Buy it now and you have a game missing most of its features, regularly crashes, and has weird bugs all over the place, and the "honour" of being an unpaid beta tester. But you (might) end up with a decent game by waiting a few weeks/months (and maybe even a cheaper game in the secondhand market too).

I don't get the risk/investment argument at all

Games price won't vary too much from the current price of $89 on disc, so either way you're paying the same if you get now or in a few months (unless as Ambrose said, you manage to snag it preowned off marketplace). If you're really tempted to get it now, get it from EB, give yourself 5-6 days of play and either take it back or keep it. Some people love it, some people love it but are desperate for improvements, some are on the fence, some hate it. We all have different experiences with the game - whilst it is miles ahead of what we got ahead on release, there is still a way to go.

BigAntStudios Will custom teams be useable in this custom competition mode as well?
Custom teams/players/etc. will be available in custom competitions, including copies of the Official clubs which will then allow the changing of attributes.

So Ross,

It's been a week since you said you'd look into this... Is there a good chance an addition like this will make the game? 😅
It's been noted by the team, I haven't had word back on if the degree of difficulty of including it.

Games price won't vary too much from the current price of $89 on disc, so either way you're paying the same if you get now or in a few months (unless as Ambrose said, you manage to snag it preowned off marketplace). If you're really tempted to get it now, get it from EB, give yourself 5-6 days of play and either take it back or keep it. Some people love it, some people love it but are desperate for improvements, some are on the fence, some hate it. We all have different experiences with the game - whilst it is miles ahead of what we got ahead on release, there is still a way to go.
We follow the same pricing policy as Nintendo, we're not renowned for dropping the price of our games - doubly so when the game is essentially sold out.

Certainly can't argue that point, Rugby League Live 4 is still $84 on Xbox store ;)
It's only 7 years old, maybe at year 10 it might go on sale?

Please stop comparing yourself to ea. It's embarrassing.
Yeah I’m pretty sure FIFAs low point didn’t entail players getting stuck in the mud every time they receive a pass.
  • Or players freezing in front of the wall/kicker every set piece.
  • Or the career mode being bare bones and unplayable for two weeks where all top players ratings drop to 40s after 1 season.
  • Or the interchange not working
  • Or the stadium lights going out
  • Or there being no tactics.
-Or players disappearing to the corner flag for a goal kick.
-Or the switch player being unresponsive.
-Or all the Defenders stand still as a striker dribbles past into the box unpressured.

Etc, etc, etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BigAntStudios anything new you can divulge on Pro Team? Or can you reveal whenever a trailer or insight into the mode will be revealed?
Once we bed the game down and bring all of the modes in over the next few days, we'll focus on launching Pro Team.

So you believe we created everythign patched into the game over this last week from scratch after the game released?
Don't forget the streams that went live before the release.... All those features... they weren't actually created... it was all CGI.... like the moon landing.... all a big ruse that we were tricked into believing... :tonguewink:

Michaels, Twistie and alike are all part of the conspiracy....

P.S BigAntStudios Can Create-A-Player get a tin foil hat put in as optional headwear?

It's only 7 years old, maybe at year 10 it might go on sale?

Sounds a fair deal. At least you still have the rights to sell it unlike a certain unnamed developer's most recent Rugby title who's rights expired in 2023 despite only releasing in 2020...

Don't forget the streams that went live before the release.... All those features... they weren't actually created... it was all CGI.... like the moon landing.... all a big ruse that we were tricked into believing... :tonguewink:

Michaels, Twistie and alike are all part of the conspiracy....

P.S BigAntStudios Can Create-A-Player get a tin foil hat put in as optional headwear?
Dont forget the conspiracy about them asking creators to hide the ruck contests!

Once we bed the game down and bring all of the modes in over the next few days, we'll focus on launching Pro Team.
Might want to focus on fixing the entire online portion of the game TBH if you’re expecting people to sink more money in to the game.

Online is a *%#$ show whether it be the connection or constant freezing during every….single….match.

This game is still in no state to be throwing Pro Teams or Legends in there.

This will be coming very soon.

So you believe we created everythign patched into the game over this last week from scratch after the game released?

While the guys are working around the clock to get the game to the level we all want it to be, it's not like we're the only ones this stuff happens too. Here's the FIFA patch notes BTW... EA originally patched the game and a very high % of players could not boot the game.

image.png

Some need back and forth, some are pretty easy to understand and implement/fix - at the least there should be a "thanks" for the info, I'll follow up.
FIFA wasn’t released as a broken mess with false promises
Please don’t compare this situation to that of EA’s 🤣

$79-89 is too much of a risk for me just to be disappointed.

I am just going off this forum and those who upload matches on YouTube.

Game just doesn't seem fluent with movements.
I've been fairly critical of this game from before it even launched. There were already some messy bits. But it's a pretty safe bet that the game will get good. The current game vs the initial launch is a massive improvement and patches are coming in daily. If I didn't own it, knowing what I know now, I'd still buy it at the moment. It's fun, it's just frustrating as well. It's probably just overtaken AFL Evolution 2 for me in the last day or 2 as the best AFL game we've got available to us.
But History of Big Ant and AFL games says you might save 25% in a few months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back