Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I canā€™t speak for everyone but Iā€™m at the point where I play 1 game per week now after letting a few patches go through but unfortunately the issue there is ā€˜2 issues solved, 3 more discoveredā€™. It gets disheartening to have to wait for the game to have to be patched to even a playable standard and then theres some other mishap. Not blaming BA or anyone for it, I commend all their hard work post-launch, but at this stage it just seems like it wonā€™t get to the level we all hoped it would.
Yeah, I'm at the same point here... Very disappointed with AFL 23 and while I commend them for trying to fix it and the hard work they've put in, I don't think we're gonna get anywhere close to what we thought it would be. Honestly, I'm starting to think it would have been best to pull the game before release and go for next year or 2025 with everything tested and everything ready to go TBH.

It feels like we've gotten the opposite problem compared to Wicked Witch's time. They didn't have an understanding of the game and didn't really seem ambitious or passionate but managed to get their games out without a massively bad launch but the games were so undercooked that they were underwhelming.

The opposite has happened with Big Ant. Great understanding of the game and very passionate and ambitious but it's gotten to a point where they might have been too ambitious this time around and it's bitten them in the arse with the bad launch and the fact that we're a month after launch and we still haven't seen many promised features or even an Xbox release.

It makes you wonder how long it will take to get the game to the point where it was supposed to be and to what it was promised to be and how hard it's going to be for Big Ant to sell their next AFL game on the next go around. (It does sound like they're going to keep doing the games from here on out.)

I think the reason so many people are disappointed and angry is that whether you think it's their fault or not, most people expected better than this. This game actually had expectations. Which is something you couldn't really say about an AFL game in the past.

Remember when we were told we'd know all the games features prior to release? Crazy to think we're now a month after release and we still have no idea of the final list of features for the game.

Remember when we were told we'd know all the games features prior to release? Crazy to think we're now a month after release and we still have no idea of the final list of features for the game.
Remember when we were also told that there would be an advertising blitz post launch? Haven't seen a single thing about the game anywhere.

Remember when we were also told that there would be an advertising blitz post launch? Haven't seen a single thing about the game anywhere.
Ooohh, can I play ?

Remember when we were the crazy ones for ever noticing the red flags though ?

So I got the game release date, returned it the following day.

Can somebody summarise what has been updated since then, of significance? I see that VFL/SANFL/WAFL teams are now in there. Endless gameplay refinements. A new kicking meter or something?

Are we at the version that we were supposed to receive on release date yet? When is the Xbox version coming?

Do we have a roadmap of what is to come? I know that pro team stuff is yet to appear but I couldn't care about that.

Not being a smart-arse, would just really like to know where it is at. The cynical part of me would think that this game was severely undercooked and probably needed another 6 months of development time and that all the pre-release dramas were just smoke and mirrors...

Great news - you can now filter the player pool by free agent status.

Unfortunately, when you strike a deal with a player, they'll agree and "hope a trade can be made".

Even for delisted free agents.

Pretty disappointing.
Noticed this! After they agreed to a contract I didnā€™t know where to go to get them as a FA! Guessing thatā€™ll be patched in (had to end up trading for that player the following season)

Except for the catalogues, end-caps, in-store pop ups, direct mail... and the first run of the game selling out, yeah nothing at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have only played one game since the last patch and kicked 10.14 to 2.0 on medium difficulty. Bit of re-learning for me but liking it much more than kicking 10 straight

Iā€™m a fan of the new set shots. Is anyone having trouble with on the run shots? I play end to end camera and I can barely see the bar so I miss every shot on the run. The opacity needs to be a darker white

Except for the catalogues, end-caps, in-store pop ups, direct mail... and the first run of the game selling out, yeah nothing at all.

Iā€™m guessing thereā€™s also a limited budget on this as well and some of the load could have been handled by the AFL themselves, like tv advertising but Iā€™m guessing younger folk are watching Kayo and the elders are watching channel 7 so might have been seen as a waste. But I think aside from what you mentioned above, the launch evening definitely helped market the hype as well.

Iā€™m a fan of the new set shots. Is anyone having trouble with on the run shots? I play end to end camera and I can barely see the bar so I miss every shot on the run. The opacity needs to be a darker white
End to end needs work, very difficult to deal with possession change.

Will be later tonight, will include tactics.
Is there any online stability/running fixes?

Offline and online play very differently currently, primarily finding issues online with players getting blocked in ā€˜force fieldsā€™ etc.

Will tactics be usable online?

Is there any online stability/running fixes?

Offline and online play very differently currently, primarily finding issues online with players getting blocked in ā€˜force fieldsā€™ etc.

Will tactics be usable online?
We're working on online movement, it will be improved.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back