Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BigAntStudios how come you guys havenā€™t added injuries to gameplay when clearly everyone wants it? And you guys said you have it itā€™s just a matter of how severe the injuries are?
I'm leading into finals 2024 in management mode and lost Ned Reeves with a foot fracture, Jack Scrimshaw & James Blanck with concussions etc. in the final 2-3 games. Only happens to players I've left out of the team though. Getting an injury every 2-3 weeks for my reserves players - no simulating, just not playing in the main 23.

I'm leading into finals 2024 in management mode and lost Ned Reeves with a foot fracture, Jack Scrimshaw & James Blanck with concussions etc. in the final 2-3 games. Only happens to players I've left out of the team though. Getting an injury every 2-3 weeks for my reserves players - no simulating, just not playing in the main 23.
Yeah you want through your whole squad otherwise your not changing your side

Not sure if we can even see it in the game anywhere. Also since contract arenā€™t public we donā€™t really know the terms. But with Rachele re-signing yesterday. When do Big Ant update his contract?

Also would it be possible for us to manually edit this inside manager mode? Underrated 2k feature. Or do we have to hope he re-signs in the game when his contract runs out?

Kind of pointless having injuries to only your reserve players tho
You select your best 23 for a reason and if theyā€™re not getting injured, then it doesnā€™t matter if the other 22 players in the reserves are all injured at the same time.
Hopefully this will be addressed next week

You select your best 23 for a reason and if theyā€™re not getting injured, then it doesnā€™t matter if the other 22 players in the reserves are all injured at the same time.
This 100%! Just means the VFL team Iā€™m not using, are shit šŸ˜‚

I was playing this game for the first two weeks or so thinking Blanck was just someone they had forgot to record the name for in commentary šŸ˜‚

Can you use the sub ?

Yeah fully agree. Whilst it's a pain, it's a part of sports and random on-field injuries are the reason we have the sub. Maybe we'll get injuries when the sub works properly

I was playing this game for the first two weeks or so thinking Blanck was just someone they had forgot to record the name for in commentary šŸ˜‚
lol I remember seeing a guy on one of the AFL23 Facebook groups back in May comment on that too (hope it wasn't you), absolutely slamming BA saying "they just used a placeholder name and even spelt it wrong - what a joke" . Something like 14 people supported the comment before one person dumped a picture of him in there saying "he's a real player"

lol I remember seeing a guy on one of the AFL23 Facebook groups back in May comment on that too (hope it wasn't you), absolutely slamming BA saying "they just used a placeholder name and even spelt it wrong - what a joke" . Something like 14 people supported the comment before one person dumped a picture of him in there saying "he's a real player"
šŸ˜‚ definitely not me, once I saw the spelling of his name I put two and two together

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disappointed that consoles have now basically got the ass with no etas for patches to be dropped. I used to love coming in here and seeing the steam users feedback then getting excited about updating the playstation next day.

After persevering with this game since the abomination that was launch day, dealing with weeks and weeks of improvements, backwards steps then another improvement and so onā€¦ Fast forward to now weā€™ve been stuck on the same patch for weeks.

BA is there any ballpark figure you can give us when the next patch will drop for us plebs?

BigAntStudios how come you guys havenā€™t added injuries to gameplay when clearly everyone wants it? And you guys said you have it itā€™s just a matter of how severe the injuries are?
My guess would be the same reason that player ratings are so inaccurate and comical (sensitive AFLPA etc to deal with so everyone has to be highlight rated) and suspensions aren't included.

Compare the FIFA player rankings (which is a bit of an event every year when players find out their rankings) to what we have in the AFL space which is basically all players needing to be appeased. Just looked at Brisbane's Daniel Rich is 89, Jack Gunston 88... neither of them even at their peak were at that level, much less now..

Reckon the AFL are overly protective/sissies and instead of allowing the developer to produce the game they have attached lots of conditions/rejected a lot of things.

My guess would be the same reason that player ratings are so inaccurate and comical (sensitive AFLPA etc to deal with so everyone has to be highlight rated) and suspensions aren't included.

Compare the FIFA player rankings (which is a bit of an event every year when players find out their rankings) to what we have in the AFL space which is basically all players needing to be appeased. Just looked at Brisbane's Daniel Rich is 89, Jack Gunston 88... neither of them even at their peak were at that level, much less now..

Reckon the AFL are overly protective/sissies and instead of allowing the developer to produce the game they have attached lots of conditions/rejected a lot of things.
This is BS and you know it.
Itā€™s Champion Data ratings.
You might not agree with them but itā€™s nothing to do with AFLPA.

Injuries and suspensions possibly but not ratings.

View attachment 1718696
Think this is just as criminal
This guernsey needs a documentary.

I remember the day I first saw it like it was yesterday. Across the club room between games on a tiny TV with a grainy picture. Half the club gathered around, squinting, watching on in morbid curiosity like if aliens were landing in Times Square. 'Is that....Hawthorn?'.

This is BS and you know it.
Itā€™s Champion Data ratings.
You might not agree with them but itā€™s nothing to do with AFLPA.

Injuries and suspensions possibly but not ratings.
Didn't 'know it'. I was making a supposition.

It doesn't change the fact the ratings are crap with all players ranked similarly. Which also makes the Ultimate Team clone pointless if most decent players are already ranked in the 90's...

I was just watching Michaels stream from last night and noticed multiple times where he perfectly timed the set shot the kick would still hook to a miss

according to ross it was just to do with footedness, but it surely cannot be that much...

Last edited:
looking forward to the console patch, i really want to play the hawks

Flying Music Video GIF

Really off the game since last PS5 patch. Whilst fixing many things and am having no crashes it is by far the worst version of the game I have played. I can't play properly with the player movement and no walking back from the mark after marking issue. Literally taking marks then getting tackled for HTB within 1 sec without doing anything. Really hope this PS5 patch comes imminently cos I am doing my best to enjoy the game like I was before but the latest PS5 patch has ruined the game completely for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back