Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Steam patch is good. It feels smoother with more realistic sequences of play. More fumbles, less congestion, goals on the run feel a bit more organic and so on.

There are still bugs - moonwalking, stuttering, bubbles around the AI and where you can't tackle etc. But they are starting to feel like something you notice as opposed to showstoppers that are destroying your fun.

PSA - if you can't handball, slow down. Stop doing other stuff at the same time and watch what happens.

Iā€™m assuming since the 50 metre penalty is now being paid thereā€™s no random players that just walk in front of you and the person on the mark, do a turn then walk away?

Or any buggy things with crossing the line or protected space, cause that is super common and ridiculous on ps4 still. Itā€™ll be stupid if it pings 50m if thatā€™s still happening. You wonā€™t play youā€™ll just be going from one end to the other.

Iā€™m assuming since the 50 metre penalty is now being paid thereā€™s no random players that just walk in front of you and the person on the mark, do a turn then walk away?
Or any buggy things with crossing the line or protected space, cause that is super common and ridiculous on ps4 still. Itā€™ll be stupid if it pings 50m if thatā€™s still happening. You wonā€™t play youā€™ll just be going from one end to the other.
Surely we get a 25m penalty some day :D

At the risk of opening Pandoraā€™s box and revealing a giant can of worms while trying to stop a cat ruffling the feathers of some pigeons, is Hamish in the patch?

I know your taking the piss but what actually is with everyone and dropping their skirts for Hamishā€™s commentary? I try and block it out more than wanting to hear someone else say the same 15 lines a game

Get rid of the stuck in mud and teleporting, the game moves to 8/10.

Don't let us down BA!!

I'm liking the new penalties but I'm also going to have to play more careful now lol.
Probs a stupid question, but what is stuck in the mud? Our player not moving quick enough? Describe it to me. Video example? As someone on Xbox who hasnā€™t played the game yet, I hear it spoken about a lot on here but never seen it personally, soo itā€™s made me curious.

Probs a stupid question, but what is stuck in the mud? Our player not moving quick enough? Describe it to me. Video example? As someone on Xbox who hasnā€™t played the game yet, I hear it spoken about a lot on here but never seen it personally, soo itā€™s made me curious.
Players stopping still once they receive the ball or slowing down, when they should be speeding up if you're commanding them to sprint away. If you play a run and carry game, it's very noticeable.

Various examples (only text for now)
In general player control they move and turn like tanks (compared to other sports games).

But really the stuck in mud terminology comes from the movement/motion stopping briefly as you gain possession of the ball be it from

A mark (can't always instantly run on)
A handball
A loose ball

When it happens you lose any space advantage you have, AI closes in on you. I generally move the ball on so that I don't get tackled cheapily.

What's been happening over the last 2 weeks is its not always being stuck in mud... occasionally it's more like a stutter in movement. Compared to just getting stuck and unable to move at all. Your movement animation still plays..... but it "skips" rather than gets stuck still.

Various examples (only text for now)
In general player control they move and turn like tanks (compared to other sports games).

But really the stuck in mud terminology comes from the movement/motion stopping briefly as you gain possession of the ball be it from

A mark (can't always instantly run on)
A handball
A loose ball

When it happens you lose any space advantage you have, AI closes in on you. I generally move the ball on so that I don't get tackled cheapily.

What's been happening over the last 2 weeks is its not always being stuck in mud... occasionally it's more like a stutter in movement. Compared to just getting stuck and unable to move at all. Your movement animation still plays..... but it "skips" rather than gets stuck still.
Gotcha, thanks šŸ˜Š

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fell asleep before Michaels stream last night!
Howā€™s the patch?

I reckon it is W patch!

see my thoughts below, dropped a couple of videos on it too!

I'm giving this patch a tick!

50m penalties work very well.

run through the mark or protected area you get pinged.

insufficient intent is a free kick now too.

d pad tactics is good, would like to see kick out tactics added as a sub category under the defending bit though.

stats are editable

and i beat the pies with a 4 goal comeback, so thats a big W.

Anyone with the patch know if "editing licensed teams" means we can create geurnseys and assign them to the licensed teams at all? Or is it just stats? Happy with the inclusion either way but it's criminal this isn't in the game

CEX489fUUAA5AZC.jpg

When will be ps patch be ?

@BigAntStudios hoping for an update soon what is the possibility of a timeframe for next PS4 Update
The update as of last night from Ross was that there is no ETA as the testing is being done externally by Nacon resources and that itā€™s entirely out of BAā€™s handsā€¦.

In game tactics on the D-Pad

You mentioned in last night's stream that Kick Outs are the only tactic area that's not on the D-Pad (only in the menus).
Unfortunately there isn't a button for them (all D-pad buttons are used now (Mids, Forwards, Defence, Play Style).

What MIGHT be good is if the D-pad could be used for Kick In options just after a behind is kicked. (i.e as soon as the Goal Umpire is shown signaling the behind...and when the player is looking around). This could be a dedicated time for the D-pad to be about kick-ins...but needs to be available early enough so players can setup before the player is in the goal-square).

Alternatively, the L2 Modifier + D-Pad could open up kick in options.... or (in the future) more tactic options to select from.

You mentioned in last night's stream that Kick Outs are the only tactic area that's not on the D-Pad (only in the menus).
Unfortunately there isn't a button for them (all D-pad buttons are used now (Mids, Forwards, Defence, Play Style).

What MIGHT be good is if the D-pad could be used for Kick In options just after a behind is kicked. (i.e as soon as the Goal Umpire is shown signaling the behind...and when the player is looking around). This could be a dedicated time for the D-pad to be about kick-ins...but needs to be available early enough so players can setup before the player is in the goal-square).

Alternatively, the L2 Modifier + D-Pad could open up kick in options.... or (in the future) more tactic options to select from.
I like that idea, sort of like a 5 to 10 second period for certain stoppages where you can set tactics/custom plays just before play recommences.

So they fixed all the bugs last night?

No more teleporting tackles ?

Does tackling work ?

Can you fully control your player now ? I mean playing two player on the same team you generally canā€™t control your player at all. The ai just takes over and makes the lead itself.

Op markings also all fixed up now ?

If none of the bugs and shit are fixedā€¦ what is the point of a big fancy patch if you donā€™t actually fix the core issues ? I now see big ant are pretty happy where game play sits, donā€™t see there being anymore changes to game play really.

So they fixed all the bugs last night?

No more teleporting tackles ?

Does tackling work ?

Can you fully control your player now ? I mean playing two player on the same team you generally canā€™t control your player at all. The ai just takes over and makes the lead itself.

Op markings also all fixed up now ?

If none of the bugs and s**t are fixedā€¦ what is the point of a big fancy patch if you donā€™t actually fix the core issues ? I now see big ant are pretty happy where game play sits, donā€™t see there being anymore changes to game play really.
tackling, marking and spoiling has worked for weeks!

I don't notice many teleports in the way of tackles, not to say it doesn't happen though.

yeah I don't mind that at all!

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back