Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First impressions of patch

• Craig Mcrae is in the game!!!
  • Hardest is still too easy
  • Marking is still too easy
  • The new set shot system is almost easier than the old one as if you time the second one early he will kick straight
  • Sub still broken (auto interchanges also shocking still nathan murphy is moved to the wing without fail every game)
  • Bench/int visually broken (ticket reported approx a week ago now)
  • Glitch where the player 1 on 1 in a marking contest is stuck in that animation until a stoppage is still present (ticket done previously)
  • If you run from half back almost straight along the boundary line, no one will tackle you until you are about 35-40m out (AI will actually start running to you then run away) GAMEBREAKING
  • Still impossible to pickup a ball near the boundary players will run straight out while doing the animation
  • AI runs are genuinely atrocious (same team and opposition) I'll kick to the wing and my player who is clearly the closest one there will turn and run away and it is impossible to switch to him

Basically all major issues persisting then

Anyone else find the goal crowd sounds underwhelming and quiet, sounds like something out of Wii Sports

Turn everything down to 50% but leave crowd at 100%. I did that yesterday and makes it muuuch more immersive. Ideally though should be dynamic like 2k, close late in game and crowd fires up screen vibrates etc

Steam patch is good, a couple games in I feel like this is the single best version of the game we've had.

The main reason is the cherry...a very big juicy cherry...faster kicking. It gives you options around the ground that we never had before and it is far less frustrating as a result.

The game as it stands right now - with no further improvement (although admittedly I don't have any crashes) - is so much better than any title in the history of AFL gaming it's almost amusing how posters can't see the forest for the trees. Not that that will stop anyone having major beef over a shrinking bug list and trivial sleights.

In a perfect world, I hope there's some type of minigame in our future for pack marks and long balls. Something that makes you feel you've achieved more than just pressing a button at the right instant. But if this ends up being something for the next full release I can live with it, there's still a lot of work to do elsewhere in the game.

I just canā€™t fathom how indigenous and Anzac guernseys are in ahead of things such as tactics. Sure different dev teams- but even still I would prioritise fixing the team selection screens presentation to be consistent and in club colours( not the confusing red/blue colours switching btwn home and away sides.)

it just doesnā€™t feel right having NorthMelbourne vs Sydney- going to the team selection screen and having north Melbourne red and Sydney blue. Itā€™s getting on my nerves.

Team selection Colours should change based on club guernsey selected (home, away or clash colour).

Working Interchange, tactics, and saved team lineups still arenā€™t present which means starting a full season still isnā€™t a viable choice this weekend. Hereā€™s to hoping I can next weekend

Between seasons you can update the team. I've gone from needing a minute prep before every game to a few seconds, not perfect but a huge improvement. Agree that we need proper team saving.

Last edited:
  • Hardest s still too easy
  • The new set shot system is almost easier than the old one as if you time the second one early he will kick straight
  • If you run from half back almost straight along the boundary line, no one will tackle you until you are about 35-40m out (AI will actually start running to you then run away) GAMEBREAKING
  • Still impossible to pickup a ball near the boundary players will run straight out while doing the animation
  • AI runs are genuinely atrocious (same team and opposition) I'll kick to the wing and my player who is clearly the closest one there will turn and run away and it is impossible to switch to him

Never noticed the half back running one, I'll give that a whirl later.

I've seen the glitch where (not so much the boundary) but the ball is stuck on the ground and nobody can pick it up until the quarter ends.

I noticed the set shot system hadn't been fully implemented as last night I was nailing shots I really shouldnt (in terms of left to right accuracy). Got a few from just outside the coles center circle as well. Don't want kicking power reduced as I love long bombs, but something to have the ball not sail straight every single kick would be good.

I find marking and spoiling hit and miss. I'd like to be able to decide the action for myself. A lot of the time the AI decides its going to contest and perform the action without me hitting the button!!

59df8d320443a5791f8107fc2714d667.jpg

What on earth have you guys done to Todd Marshall šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Wouldn't mind all the AFL Live 2004 mini games return one day. Just to stuff around with from time to time. There was around the world, Lous handball and superkick.
Around the world was my favourite, but superkick was a lot of fun too.

I feel like if the goal kicking power metre accelerated instead of being a linear speed, it would be more difficult to judge. As well as the second accuracy guage to accelerate so timing is far more important

At the moment, the linear speed build up of both meters is too simple and easy to judge
BigAntStudios I feel like this is the next tweak needed to goal kickingā€¦ at least on the harder difficulties. Something making it a lot harder to really hit the sweet spot.

End of home and away season competition is really even, 13-10WL 4th position compared to 8-15WL 18th position, think itā€™s cause the player ratings are really similar?
View attachment 1697308

This is almost exclusively why I think we should be able to edit player attributes. Granted it's actually cool to see balance within the comp, but thereā€™s just not enough difference in the top and bottom teams in ratings and itā€™s starting to show why there needs to be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Things I noticed in the patch:-
  • goal kicking hud is now flipped for footedness (powers right to left for right footer, left to right for left footer)
  • goal kick hud early press is very forgiving, but a late press isnā€™t, youā€™ll shank it. (Still a bit too easy to perfect it on Hard difficultyā€¦I like @game_chromosomeā€™s idea above)
  • spoil recovery now has no stumble. Could possibly be too unbalanced the other way now (spoiler gets to the ball first, making spoiling OP?)
  • a lot more control of players. They seem very responsive! And fast!
  • easier to get a handball while being tackled. Less often resulting in a ball up. Even found my players auto-got-their-hands-free more after a ruck tapā€¦ without me pressing the R Stick.

All up, I like these changes, but also feel like it was a bit too easy (on Hard difficulty)ā€¦ so some more balancing is needed (like set shot difficulty, on-the-run goal kick difficulty, and skewed kicks/handballs in tackles).

Would be awesome to be able to choose home or away shorts with every guernsey.

Even adding red shorts for Essendon, yellow for Richmond as theyā€™ve done in the past would be a cool feature.
Agreed, this would be nice.
BigAntStudios is this a licensing restriction? Or can shorts potentially be changed independently of the jumper?

Online will never be as good as offline for the simple fact that lag and latency will always exist
Yeah, it seems like whoever has the better connection wins 99% of ruck contests which gives a pretty decent advantage to that player, as you can get a clean break from stoppage nearly every time.

I know that big ant wants to make this a competitive e-sports type thing, but surely there needs to be some randomness added to the rucking to make the games a little bit more even. FIFA and NBA can mask the latency somewhat because there isn't a repeated quick time event with such consequence.

Yeah, it seems like whoever has the better connection wins 99% of ruck contests which gives a pretty decent advantage to that player
Or if you come up against the Demons, which in my case is every other match where Gawn is impossible to beat.

I also no longer play matches that are over 60ms ping, itā€™s just a poor experience in a game where fractions of a second make a huge difference.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any disappointment this may have caused.
Very strange that theyā€™d open themselves up to massive legal ramifications from offering an apology for providing a substandard product šŸ˜

Last edited:
First impressions of patch

• Craig Mcrae is in the game!!!
  • Hardest is still too easy
  • Sub still broken (auto interchanges also shocking still nathan murphy is moved to the wing without fail every game)
  • Bench/int visually broken (ticket reported approx a week ago now)
  • Glitch where the player 1 on 1 in a marking contest is stuck in that animation until a stoppage is still present (ticket done previously)
One thing that really fascinates me about the game. When watching Michaels streams and others and when theyā€™re playing on hardest, to me the game doesnā€™t look that easy from what I can tell. Also there have been some posts on here that Iā€™ve seen where people say hardest is really hard. However there are some of you who still say the game is still too easy on the hardest setting..

Question is: why do you still think hardest setting is still too easy? Is there a certain way you play the game that still makes it too easy for you to win? just curiousā€¦šŸ¤”

One thing that really fascinates me about the game. When watching Michaels streams and others and when theyā€™re playing on hardest, to me the game doesnā€™t look that easy from what I can tell. Also there have been some posts on here that Iā€™ve seen where people say hardest is really hard. However there are some of you who still say the game is still too easy on the hardest setting..

Question is: why do you still think hardest setting is still too easy? Is there a certain way you play the game that still makes it too easy for you to win? just curiousā€¦šŸ¤”
I personally think the rubber banding or ā€˜momentumā€™ is a huge reason as to why it differs so often. Which I donā€™t necessarily hate. I just hate the plays that are impossible to stop but not because the user is bad, just because the game doesnā€™t allow you to stop it. If they fixed this and kept the momentum the same, I think the game would be in a better state
However if you start the game well, 9 times out of 10 youā€™re gonna destroy the opposition as you have all the momentum

BigAntStudios I submitted a ticket a while back enquiring about second positions for players and was told it would be looked into, is there any available update for that please? I think it should be definitely considered if possible šŸ¤žšŸ½ thank you.

I personally think the rubber banding or ā€˜momentumā€™ is a huge reason as to why it differs so often. Which I donā€™t necessarily hate. I just hate the plays that are impossible to stop but not because the user is bad, just because the game doesnā€™t allow you to stop it. If they fixed this and kept the momentum the same, I think the game would be in a better state
However if you start the game well, 9 times out of 10 youā€™re gonna destroy the opposition as you have all the momentum

Yeah you feel like you're playing like Collingwood šŸ˜†

Needs to be tweak or an option you can turn off or on

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back