Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have to admit the first Evo especially was a huge mess of bugs. Evo 2 got better but I cant say its still that good behind all the bells and whistles. In-game it was ordinary to me, speccies looked canned, tackling was garbage and the whole movement/feel of the game was off. Go play and tell me the banana/snap set shots look natural too šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ they didnt
I think the elephant in the room with Evo 2 was that the game was twice as good with half a dozen sliders min / maxed. The tools to make it a better game were literally in the developer's hands and it was a solid pass. So they couldn't be arsed, didn't notice or didn't have enough confidence to make changes to the core game? It's all history now.

And to the one person who disagrees, tell me that what you enjoy most about footy is stoppages and free kicks and I'll believe you.

As for AFL 23, still really enjoying it. I've probably got two pages of feedback but I'm starting to feel like until everything has stabilised, what's the point. A huge bug today could be gone tomorrow. I'll keep it to two tings -

• it's not new, but I love that you don't have to take the set shot in the goal square.
  • the way the game manages breaking the line really bothers me for some reason. You can play on by simply not walking all the way back (and if the opposition picks up the ball from the resulting tackle it's always advantage), while you can break the line taking a set shot with a hook kick and it is not play on, including after the siren.

It's a small thing, but it's exactly the sort of thing that BA would catch so it feels weird that it's in the game. I'm sure it's on the list somewhere.

Last edited:
I think management mode has huge potential with the contracts and everything like that but feels like itā€™s lacking abit of depth Iā€™m confident by the end of the week it will be much better after they said by end of this week all the features will be added.. really hope they add injuries and suspensions also players needs and wants and playable reserve games aswell. So picking a side actually is tactical. And a injury list for every team so you can have a rough idea of what side your opponent will be picking

Whilst I'm enjoying the game and appreciate the continued work put in by Ross and the Big Ant team, it is somewhat frustrating that over the weekend I could only play three "Play Now" matches with each game crashing whenever I kicked my first goal.

I lodged a support ticket yesterday and hope they can sort out the stability soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it is somewhat frustrating that over the weekend I could only play three "Play Now" matches with each game crashing whenever I kicked my first goal.

What we need is more stability!!
I don't get this at all now.... must be something very specific... like a Season in a game save from a certain patch number...
I'm on PS5... just playing Play Now... and I can play at least 5 games (5min quarters) without crashing...

Hopefully you can send the crash dumps (if on PS5), or give them as much detail as possible... coz this must be a tough one to track down.

I don't get this at all now.... must be something very specific... like a Season in a game save from a certain patch number...
I'm on PS5... just playing Play Now... and I can play at least 5 games (5min quarters) without crashing...

Hopefully you can send the crash dumps (if on PS5), or give them as much detail as possible... coz this must be a tough one to track down.
Yeah there just seems to be so many variables that cause the crashes, who knows if they'll all ever really be cleared. Some people get no crashes, some get them every time.

The crash rates across the board are very low - but obviously if someone has a crash and does repeat the same steps then I would expect them to get the same crash again, and again....

We have tools in our QA dept that can grab people's save files etc. to remediate, support.bigant.com is the best place to report issues.

Few persistent bugs still hanging around I wouldā€™ve thought had been ironed out by now -

- Backwards handball bug when youā€™re being tackled that goes 100 metres

- Stuck in mud feel when you try to play on quick, not sure if theyā€™ve intentionally put this in the game but it feels awful.

- The quick stab pass after playing on sometimes still does a full power kick that goes on the full if youā€™re trying to go to the boundary.

- Handballing is painful the amount of times you try to aim it it goes 1 metre on the ground. Not sure why the aiming feels so off still, live 1 they had it down pat. So hard to link handball chains together because it just unravels most of the time, feels great when it works as intended though.

- Set shot power is now absolutely off itā€™s head , you can full power into the red, then stop the second bar literally anywhere before the blue and you will not miss a goal from inside 60 metres with any player. Sorry but I got no clue how you donā€™t test this at any point before release.

Getting more and more frustrated with the game overall tbh

Few persistent bugs still hanging around I wouldā€™ve thought had been ironed out by now -

- Backwards handball bug when youā€™re being tackled that goes 100 metres

- Stuck in mud feel when you try to play on quick, not sure if theyā€™ve intentionally put this in the game but it feels awful.

- The quick stab pass after playing on sometimes still does a full power kick that goes on the full if youā€™re trying to go to the boundary.

- Handballing is painful the amount of times you try to aim it it goes 1 metre on the ground. Not sure why the aiming feels so off still, live 1 they had it down pat. So hard to link handball chains together because it just unravels most of the time, feels great when it works as intended though.

- Set shot power is now absolutely off itā€™s head , you can full power into the red, then stop the second bar literally anywhere before the blue and you will not miss a goal from inside 60 metres with any player. Sorry but I got no clue how you donā€™t test this at any point before release.

Getting more and more frustrated with the game overall tbh
The most annoying thing about kicking is when you have a player up ahead with the circle at their feet and then as you kick the ball the circle has gone and the ball ends up going no where near the player you were aiming for.

Also just as annoying, taking a mark, and you go to do a quick kick but the man on the mark tackles you and you get pinged for incorrect disposal yet didn't play on.

I agree with handballing. Why have a power meter at all for handballing? Select the direction you want to handball and hit the button.

Playing on PS4 I have a bug where after winning centre bounce, your mid teleports all of a sudden to where the ball is, some 10 - 15m on field.

Had a crash yesterday while playing management career, semi final, third quarter after kicking a goal. Game then just crashed.

Tactics need to be brought in quickly. You turnover the ball and AI have free players everywhere. Tactics to set man on man may stop this.

Also why does the AI always play on from a kickout?

Which ones can't be replicated? That list seems to be pretty consistent from comments on here.
Some replies said theyā€™ve been able to replicate the issue, the following said theyā€™ll be passed on (assuming they require further investigation):

- Superhuman speeds where trailing players are basically sling-shotted past the front player to gain possession of a loose ball (not mentioned in the post above);

- Players loss of speed/monument right after taking a mark or spoiling;

- Erratic and misplaced handballs.

Several other tickets I submitted have not yet been replied to:

- Players magnetised to the ball;

- Tactics being implemented (this seems to be a real issue as not a single reply addresses them);

- Other tickets are minor things.

When they first tweaked the handball so it floated to the teammate, THAT was awesome.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back