Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cricket 24 will be in a much better state because they have Cricket 22, Cricket 19, Ashes Cricket etc that have come before it so the base of the game is pretty much settled and will play similar. The game doesnā€™t have to be built from ground up like AFL 23. Most of the mo capping, animations, core functions and features are already there and built into game, unlike AFL 23. So I have no doubt the game will be fine.

Cricket 22 also had those older games to build on and still launched in a poor state.

Cricket 24 will be in a much better state because they have Cricket 22, Cricket 19, Ashes Cricket etc that have come before it so the base of the game is pretty much settled and will play similar. The game doesnā€™t have to be built from ground up like AFL 23. Most of the mo capping, animations, core functions and features are already there and built into game, unlike AFL 23. So I have no doubt the game will be fine.
I get what youā€™re saying and it would make complete sense.
Thing is that Iā€™d only believe this is Cricket 22 didnā€™t release in a similar state
Or AO Tennis 2

Last edited:
I have mix emotions about the game one minute it is really fun to play the next itā€™s not fun at all I do get why people get frustrated but I do think big ant not doing the patches everyday and just doing the big patches now is a better idea weā€™ll I hope thatā€™s what theyā€™re doing if the game still isnā€™t at a playable state after that then I donā€™t know I say just give them a little more time and be patient but this game has been a disappointment to say the least

Considering those companies are building on games that have been about for over 20 year, then yes they would cop more backlash.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Tough luck isnā€™t it
We werenā€™t the ones saying the game would be that of EAā€™s or 2Kā€™s standards
BigAnt put that on themselves. Whether they can live up to that or not is another question

My first Fifa was world cup 98 on the 64, so I'll take your word on it mate.

Ah Road to World Cup 98 was better than the actual Work Cup one. Had that "Woohoo!" song in the intro and also a 5v5 indoor soccer mode too from memory.

Good times.

I canā€™t get through a single game now without it crashing in season mode (playing sanfl if that has anything to do with it)

Playing management mode in the afl seems to be ok

Some wins not counting online when the opponent leaves the match, probably about 80% of opponent disconnects not counting. My record is reading 13-9 and missing about 8 wins hahah

Tough luck isnā€™t it
We werenā€™t the ones saying the game would be that of EAā€™s or 2Kā€™s standards
BigAnt put that on themselves. Whether they can live up to that or not is another question
20 years ago NBA 2k launched focused on the game play core and in subsequent years kept building that up. So you can compare the launches for sure, like the didn't put the WNBA in until they had the core game where they wanted it etc, quite a different dev focus to how BA went about this one. I don't recall Visual Concepts being a massive dev back then either, they also knocked NFL out the park in meagre budgets compared to what they went up against.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tough luck isnā€™t it
what's wrong with Big Ant setting a long term goal for themselves and wanting to be ambitious?

Not sure what it was called but I remember the first ever Soccer game I played had ā€˜Let me entertain youā€™ on repeat šŸ„²
I cannot for the life of me remember which one it was but I had this one too!
Spent hours dominating my brothers on it and getting kicked off for making them cry!
If we played it now Iā€™d sing along and be singing ā€œlet me dominate youā€

Edit: just realised how weird that could read šŸ˜‚

Nothing at all. Itā€™s the now thatā€™s the concern. They said this game would rival 2K and EA
I do understand your point and somewhat agree with the concern but I take it more of a long term expectation they're setting for themselves. no one in their right mind should expect themselves to get to 'that' level after one game imo

20 years ago NBA 2k launched focused on the game play core and in subsequent years kept building that up. So you can compare the launches for sure, like the didn't put the WNBA in until they had the core game where they wanted it etc, quite a different dev focus to how BA went about this one. I don't recall Visual Concepts being a massive dev back then either, they also knocked NFL out the park in meagre budgets compared to what they went up against.
Different era's too mate, can't compare the 2 on the female competition.

For some reason, most in here are happy to give BigAnt a free pass. Not sure why when it would be unforgivable to them for the likes of 2K or EA to release NBA or FIFA with missing rules, tactics, functionality, full player control etc etc.
Especially after a full month has passed

I have zero doubts in my mind that Cricket 24 will release in a similar state as well
But itā€™s BigAnt, so theyā€™re already forgiven of course

To be fair WW was getting a free pass each time too. They were worst games than AFL 23.

I canā€™t get through a single game now without it crashing in season mode (playing sanfl if that has anything to do with it)

Playing management mode in the afl seems to be ok
Spoke too soon. Crashing in management mode now. Great game too 2 mins to go and 5 points the margin. Enough to completely ruin the experience of the game

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back