Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't revel in the state of this game. I so wanted it to get close to potential but sadly I haven't really played it in ages. I would have logged hundreds of hours in the flawed Evo series ffs.

I still have it installed, waiting... But my Switch has me captive ATM (Zelda and Metroid Prime Remastered).

Surely there is a very small number of Xbox sales? I mean the game is still bare bones in management mode, interchange and sub still broken and the most hyped mode is still TBC. There is actually no incentive to go out and purchase this game right now?

Itā€™s already got outdated lists etc. The only incentive the game would have had to release late now is pro team at the same time.

This whole game and marketing campaign has been a disaster and a let down. Iā€™ll still purchase cricket as I am a fan of the series but even that without seeing anything so far and AFL has just left such a bad taste in the mouth of the way they have handled everything.
Xbox users like myself have had the benefit of time to assess whether or not the product is worth the money, and it just isn't, might get there in another 12-24 months but nobody should be paying $90 for the game in its current state.

Dont have that much belief personally when their defence for providing nothing is the testing excuse, if it takes 4 months of testing the people doing it are incompetent lmao.

BA will rightly just hold onto all the sales from kids that get parents to buy them the game, launching right at the start of school holidays is an obvious marketing tactic.

Last edited:

Xbox users like myself have had the benefit of time to assess whether or not the product is worth the money, and it just isn't, might get there in another 12-24 months but nobody should be paying $90 for the game in its current state.

Dont have that much belief personally when their defence for providing nothing is the testing excuse, if it takes 4 months of testing the people doing it are incompetent lmao.

BA will rightly just hold onto all the sales from kids that get parents to buy them the game, launching right at the start of school holidays is an obvious marketing tactic.
I doubt the release date for XBox is anything to do with marketing for school holidays.
Probably just got the green light from Microsoft to release, rather than holding off for months so they could release it now.

Hey all.

Haven't posted here for ages.

I play the bulk of my games on PC. I downloaded this clown show of a game on day one and it sucked so bad that I refunded it.

Now, my real life team has been embarrassingly booted outta the finals and I want to try this thong for real.

One MUST for any PC game is ultrawide support. For anyone who isnt familiar, this is a resolution of 3440X1440p. At the time of release there was no UWQHD support.

I am in no rush to start playing, but this is something that would be very important for me to know before I blow $100 again?

Cheers.
You can't even make proper turns in the game with the current patch, it's fundamentally a broken game. The past AFL titles at least you could move where you wanted to go. I strongly advise you shouldn't buy it again, in fact you were lucky and smart to get a refund.

NBA 2K was out a fortnight ago, Mortal Kombat this week, EA FC next week. Spider-Man 2, UFC & COD in October. Yeah game over AFL 23 šŸ¤™šŸ½ I doubt Iā€™ll ever re-install it even when Pro Team drops in 2033
I don't know why anyone would want it, they didn't even fix the turning and players move like they're having seizures.

NBA 2K was out a fortnight ago, Mortal Kombat this week, EA FC next week. Spider-Man 2, UFC & COD in October. Yeah game over AFL 23 šŸ¤™šŸ½ I doubt Iā€™ll ever re-install it even when Pro Team drops in 2033
Thereā€™s Forza and Hot Wheels also for those interested in that side of things. Itā€™s pretty stacked.

Cricket on the 5th of Oct also. If your a sports fan you get Soccer Cricket NBA UFC and now AFL all in the space of 3 weeks.

People struggle on Hardest difficulty? I find it hard not to win by at least 80 points every time.
Iā€™m finding AFL on hardest is getting easier.

Iā€™m playing through a WAFL season and Iā€™m finding itā€™s really well balanced on hardest, itā€™s way too easy to spoil at AFL level and that makes it hard for the oppo to score.

People struggle on Hardest difficulty? I find it hard not to win by at least 80 points every time.
Just lob the ball up into the air with a kick and time the mark with the vibration of it. No strategy or reason to hand pass or move methodically since the game penalizes you. I have no idea why they made bouncing slow you down, either. Evo 2 had the better idea to make it an endurance meter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the wise words of dwwaino "We are not doing this bullshit again."

Xbox release changes nothing about the rules of the thread. Contribute (constructively) to the discussion about the game itself (i.e., not about the Big Ant forums) or you'll be thread banned.

Just lob the ball up into the air with a kick and time the mark with the vibration of it. No strategy or reason to hand pass or move methodically since the game penalizes you. I have no idea why they made bouncing slow you down, either. Evo 2 had the better idea to make it an endurance meter.
How did it do it in Evo 2? Could players still stay sprinting at top speed while bouncing, and the endurance meter took an added hit for when they bounced?

They do need to tweak the gameplay before pro-team, most players online play like AFLX (just torp it from a kick out and torp it again from the centre square).

If they make it so a torp is near on impossible to pull off unless itā€™s perfectly timed, most of the top online players would be in trouble.

Iā€™m pretty sure if you bounce the ball using L3 (or R3 whichever it is) it doesnā€™t slow down your player anymore

I don't know why anyone would want it, they didn't even fix the turning and players move like they're having seizures.

The tackled player still has leg spasms after the tackle is complete!!

I love thumping Geelong/Sydney/Essendon by as much as possible :)

They do need to tweak the gameplay before pro-team, most players online play like AFLX (just torp it from a kick out and torp it again from the centre square).

If they make it so a torp is near on impossible to pull off unless itā€™s perfectly timed, most of the top online players would be in trouble.
I remember some guy kicking 80 metre torp goals 4 times in a row online once. I should have recorded it, it's crazy, it's like they didn't play test it.

Iā€™m pretty sure if you bounce the ball using L3 (or R3 whichever it is) it doesnā€™t slow down your player anymore

It does, even saw it in Xtreme footage.

It might be player/team dependent ? I just did a quick run (pardon the pun) as Brisbane and didn't really see a slowdown while running and bouncing the ball. It might also be a case of the stuck in mud rearing its head during a replay ? Or I've had instances where the player "stutters" (due to USER ERROR ? lol sorry or bad programming) which obviously stuffs up the run.

Example 1

Example 2

Lets not bicker and argue, we have to get ready for the all important Xbox release :p

EDIT The replays make it look like there is a slowdown/stutter upon bouncing the ball, in "real time" it certainly doesn't feel like it stutters or slows down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back