Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd love to BA to give a bit more info, but despite popular belief there are a lot of stakeholders external to BA that have a say in what is or isn't released.

This may very well be true but I would like to hear from them why Pro Team wasnt good to go in May last year? Surely licenses, stakeholders or the fact microtransactions are involved isnt why the mode hasnt seen the light of day for all this time. Iā€™m gonna just assume that like the past 4 sports games theyā€™ve released, it simply wasnt up to standard and they wont ever admit that. 15 months is far too long for any legal reasoning to be the hold up.

This may very well be true but I would like to hear from them why Pro Team wasnt good to go in May last year? Surely licenses, stakeholders or the fact microtransactions are involved isnt why the mode hasnt seen the light of day for all this time. Iā€™m gonna just assume that like the past 4 sports games theyā€™ve released, it simply wasnt up to standard and they wont ever admit that. 15 months is far too long for any legal reasoning to be the hold up.
they couldn't release it it last year because of the Xbox approval.

With a mode like pro team / Ultimate Team etc with cards and micro transactions, you can't release it on 2 platforms and not the 3rd due to fair play.

i know there has been uproar anyway, but imagine if you were on x box knowing PS5 and steam users had a year head start, just can't happen sadly.

Xbox approval then happened in what, September roughly? Season is over then so my guess would be the decision was made to shelve it till 2024.

I may have asked already (canā€™t remember) but did you see any of the gameplay improvements they were working on ?
nah didn't see any of the gameplay improvements being worked on.

The only thing mentioned on that front was that at that point in time the plan was they would drop separate to Pro team because if they tried to bundle it in together it could cause delays.

Now I don't know if that is what has ended up happening or not.

The improvements themselves they said would need to be tested pretty extensively as one of the changes changed a fundamental part of the game, I don't know which one though.

I don't know why you even bother, just going to get the same conjecture disguised as insight.

Xbox approval then happened in what, September roughly? Season is over then so my guess would be the decision was made to shelve it till 2024.

Yeah the Xbox bit I understand not worth launching it in September, but lets say it was good to go this past Feb (clearly it wasnt which is why it didnt launch) then why not pull the trigger before the season and strike up interest? Its all just odd and I cant look past their pattern of releasing half-cooked games frequently at this point.

I don't know why you even bother, just going to get the same conjecture disguised as insight.

Not botheringā€¦.I guess as much as I try to connect the dots with this mob, its just never their fault somehow šŸ¤£šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

Yeah the Xbox bit I understand not worth launching it in September, but lets say it was good to go this past Feb (clearly it wasnt which is why it didnt launch) then why not pull the trigger before the season and strike up interest? Its all just odd and I cant look past their pattern of releasing half-cooked games frequently at this point.

Not botheringā€¦.I guess as much as I try to connect the dots with this mob, its just never their fault somehow šŸ¤£šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

Yeah I'm not too sure on what the hold up was for 2024 with putting it down for end of May launch and not earlier.

The only thing I've really changed from the default (set on Medium too) is the running speed.
Yeah, I figured that was one given the separation you were still getting from the opponent chasing you. I thought maybe the tackle distance could be reduced also.... because most of the time they'll grab you when they're that close.

Yeah, I figured that was one given the separation you were still getting from the opponent chasing you. I thought maybe the tackle distance could be reduced also.... because most of the time they'll grab you when they're that close.

What's weird is that I finally 1:1 my settings on both platforms yesterday (the recent Geelong video from the back pocket was on ps5). Yet I've had different results - I'm putting it down to the extra fps generated on pc.

The sliders didn't get much or if any QA testing, because any running speed modification removes any pressure, and the disposal power meter is all over the place when you try to modify it to move fast in sliders. This has been like that for months.

The sliders didn't get much or if any QA testing, because any running speed modification removes any pressure, and the disposal power meter is all over the place when you try to modify it to move fast in sliders. This has been like that for months.
I moved the running speed for both human and AI controlled players to low 40s, along with other settings for tackle distance, pressure awareness, Locate Tactic distance, and didn't notice changes in the applied pressure. Admittedly I haven't tried with ONLY the running speed changes.

What disposal power meter settings did you try (I'm guessing you made both handballs and field kicks quicker by reducing their fill times?).

I moved the running speed for both human and AI controlled players to low 40s, along with other settings for tackle distance, pressure awareness, Locate Tactic distance, and didn't notice changes in the applied pressure. Admittedly I haven't tried with ONLY the running speed changes.

What disposal power meter settings did you try (I'm guessing you made both handballs and field kicks quicker by reducing their fill times?).
I made running speed 20 for both CPU and user, I've read that some made it 40 and the pressure is gone, too. And I made tactical awareness high for the CPU, and I still had no pressure.

The power meter doesn't work right, too, when it's made to release fast, because if say you press A for 1 second, the ball barely gets kicked like 5 metres, but if you hold it for 1 second and a half it goes flying 80 metres.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So JNT saying thatā€™s the first match thing being Carlton vs Power was a clue, even though he later said people were reading too much into that

I won't be purchasing anything pro team related. Broken record but I've only played FUT seriously a few times since its inception in 08/09. Have never tried the same concept in NBA 2K nor the WWE 2K games.

Currently running the game (along with 41 others according to steamdb :p).

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back