Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I noticed this too. I reckon it's because my early team has a lot of Bronze, crappy players.... so they struggle against full AFL squads.
Yep I think that's it. Had to rely on spoil, chain a few handballs and try hit a lead to get the ball moving. A welcome challenge to the usual clean sharp footy I play in management mode

For anyone who has played it, can we use custom logos/jumpers from the start? I better not be stuck using a rivals club crappy jumper šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø
I get the sense youā€™ll probably start with a state league clubā€™s logo and jumper, which I assume most wonā€™t have an issue with. Then again if you pull Carltonā€™s reserves jumper youā€™ll probably be similarly annoyed as I would be if I got Norwoodā€™s or Adelaideā€™s. In 2K myteam they make custom logo/uniform/court and unlockable thing but I doubt weā€™ll be allowed to use custom stuff in this. SVG logos and the dynamic nature of the grandstands in custom stadiums would probably require too much processing power or server space or something.

In 2K myteam they make custom logo/uniform/court and unlockable thing but I doubt weā€™ll be allowed to use custom stuff in this.

This is what Iā€™m familiar with in 2K but doesnt this game have an option to create teams and use generic designs for the jumpers? Surely we could have at least that without custom logos and such..?

For anyone who has played it, can we use custom logos/jumpers from the start? I better not be stuck using a rivals club crappy jumper šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø
Not that I saw. You get guernseys from the cards in the packs...
So I've suggested that they add a 'Custom/Community Jumper' card... and also 'Custom/Community Stadium' cards that we could get and use... which would really make it your own team!

New Stadium was mentioned. Is this the Preston City Oval?
I don't remember it being there before.... and it looks pretty neat with the train line behind it.

Also, one update I found in-game was the notification box for Interchanges Queued/Interchange Occurred is now NOT the same as the Umpire's call notification.
It's top right and says who swapped.

1721792327528.png

Gotta say I was skeptical about pro team coming out, but having tried it this morning and playing 1 offline and 1 online game I can honestly say it was the most enjoyable experience I have had on the game. Online gameplay was the best so far with no lag, and you could really get a feel for who the higher ranked players was and use that to your advantage, while it was equally as satisfying grinding it with your lower rated players and doing well with them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lt looks ok. I like having some basic grinding to do given the long wait between releases.

Can someone pls help me out with some n00b Pro Team questions - I'm a first timer with this format:

• can you grind the coins that you otherwise purchase? I can only see footy points on offer so far which don't appear to unlock any of the game modes.
  • do you have to play online to progress? My skills are rusty and I could do without waiting around to lose by 100 points or playing someone with a crappy connection.

Thanks.

How can anyone possibly enjoy playing this game? it's so buggy/jittery, people abusing fending off 24/7 and making it impossible to tackle

afl premiership 2004 had more fluid gameplay than this overpriced shit

How can anyone possibly enjoy playing this game? it's so buggy/jittery, people abusing fending off 24/7 and making it impossible to tackle

afl premiership 2004 had more fluid gameplay than this overpriced shit
I always smash people who abuse fend off. I assume they lose all stamina. I barely ever use it.

lt looks ok. I like having some basic grinding to do given the long wait between releases.

Can someone pls help me out with some n00b Pro Team questions - I'm a first timer with this format:

• can you grind the coins that you otherwise purchase? I can only see footy points on offer so far which don't appear to unlock any of the game modes.
  • do you have to play online to progress? My skills are rusty and I could do without waiting around to lose by 100 points or playing someone with a crappy connection.

Thanks.
Great question, Iā€™d love to know a lot this stuff too. Maybe we can convince Michaels todo a tutorial šŸ¤ŖšŸ¤£

I opened one of those bronze forward packs, pulled a 90 sapphire Jezza Cameron. Saw it was like a 0.64% chance to get one, might just be beginners luck haha.

Shame the game isn't that enjoyable to play, animations aren't good and it forces you every time to play long kicks to contests, rather than work your way up the ground or change angles through the corridor.

Thanks.
yeah when you win games or complete stuff you earn points which you can later use to open packs if you wish.

you will also earn packs for completing objectives and going up the season pass too.

you do not have to play online games to progress. there is 3-4 i think offline modes that all give rewards to playing so you can grow your team from there.

From what I have seen bits and pieces the card stuff in theory looks ok graphically and the way it is designed but far out I don't know how anyone can get past that gameplay it still looks horrendous.

I know some people are going to enjoy it because they just put up with the game play but man it does nothing to say wow got to get this game now.

yeah when you win games or complete stuff you earn points which you can later use to open packs if you wish.

you will also earn packs for completing objectives and going up the season pass too.

you do not have to play online games to progress. there is 3-4 i think offline modes that all give rewards to playing so you can grow your team from there.

How do you unlock game modes? It seems to only with paid coins which I really hope is my n00bness talking.

Sorry I'm sure it in the instructions but logic dictates they will dance around any 'gotta pay' messaging.

There are definitely parts that need polish... and I'd love to see that come in a future update, but there are so many other intricacies to the game that a lot of people skim over.
- Watching for certain tackle types, and knowing when to time the handball out
- knowing when/how you can get caught in a kicking action, versus drawing the tackle and handballing over
- choosing to smother instead of tackle because you've learned the scenario that will work best for you....

Yes, there's things to clean up like player running patterns, or clunky movement between some animations, but you can genuinely have a good contested match, and I actually had a thriller in an Online Pro Team game earlier (which I kicked badly and ended up losing).

I know it's cool to $h!t on the game in here, so people will come @ me for saying what I said.... and I get the frustrations and need for polish, but maybe people haven't spotted some of those other things that actually make the game decent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back