Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played one game of coach battle, lost 9.5 to 2.5. Gotta say though was a lot more enjoyable for the most part, enjoy struggling and having to work up, gives some purpose to the game.

Would just wish they'd implement this better in Management Mode. I want to feel the same way playing as North/Richmond/WCE against a Brisbane or Sydney. Then you actually have to rebuild your side and battle for a while before getting to enjoy the fruits of draft picks and trades.

Definitely noticing the gap between players in this mode though. Still have a major gripe with the ruck. I lost hitouts 19-1 and therefore smashed in centre clearances. I understand having the better ruckman dominant, but there needs to be some variance in there so you can at least win some taps. Realistically any recognised ruckman is at least halving a third of the ruck contests. As it stands the better ruckman wins the hitout to advantage 100% of the time which isn't fun at all, when it creates such a big territory advantage every time.

Online games in pro team are playing a lot better than they did in quick games previously. Latency is almost a non-issue to the point where Iā€™m making mistakes cause Iā€™m expecting it would be worse. This has unlocked a lot more potential in this game and I certainly can see myself playing pro team a lot more.

With exception to the main menu/start screen (when the footy logo animates on the bottom left) I haven't really noticed any menu slowness.

I'd like to see a "disable interchange notification" option - the new interchange information pop up is too distracting to the game. If they have to have it, it should be center on the bottom (lined up with the score HUD and the action hud that alerts for marks/free kicks etc).

And Luke Bruest still doesn't look like Luke Bruest - even the Lego head version in the Evo games looked more like him!!!!

Seemed fine once I had done all the creation for the team .

I agree re the interchange pop up

I do appreciate that the game didn't feel the need to hold your hand and explain every little thing before letting you dive in.

That said... wtf do the contracts do? I assume a temporary buff of some sort? Noob at these modes and can't find anything to explain them in game.

I do appreciate that the game didn't feel the need to hold your hand and explain every little thing before letting you dive in.

That said... wtf do the contracts do? I assume a temporary buff of some sort? Noob at these modes and can't find anything to explain them in game.
Contracts are how many games you can play with the player, when they run out it means youā€™ll have to top them up. This is usually the bane of my existence in sports games, however Iā€™ve found itā€™s not too bad in this game. I will suggest though, make sure you are picking some contracts out of your packs here and there because any of your players that you pulled at the start of the game that have the same rarity will run out of contracts at the same time and itā€™ll be a nightmare if you donā€™t have enough available players to play a game to earn contracts.

Apparently, they've added a new venue to the game as well and it happens to be Brighton Homes Arena.

Some people might remember this as the same Brighton Homes Arena that Rossco said wasn't going to be in the game after being asked about its absence from the venue list and said the reason was and I paraphrase "It's not an important venue at all and the only major use of it was the 2022 AFLW Season 7 Grand Final. It won't be used at any major level again." despite the fact that it's the training ground for the Brisbane Lions and is the home venue for both their AFLW team and their reserves team in the VFL.

sarcasm Maybe that explains why Pro Team took 15 months to come out. They were too busy trying to scan it into the game.

I guess it's nice to have after being told it wasn't going to be in the game but I would have thought that would have been low on the priority list considering everything that still needs to be fixed and tweaked and that we would have gotten stuff that was announced and promised for the game before we got a venue that was explicitly said not to be in the game.

The priorities for this company are all out of whack...

Contracts are how many games you can play with the player, when they run out it means youā€™ll have to top them up. This is usually the bane of my existence in sports games, however Iā€™ve found itā€™s not too bad in this game. I will suggest though, make sure you are picking some contracts out of your packs here and there because any of your players that you pulled at the start of the game that have the same rarity will run out of contracts at the same time and itā€™ll be a nightmare if you donā€™t have enough available players to play a game to earn contracts.
Oh damn. Ok. That changes things a bit. I just assumed who you got were your boys forever unless you traded up. Thanks for the info šŸ‘

Apparently, they've added a new venue to the game as well and it happens to be Brighton Homes Arena.

Some people might remember this as the same Brighton Homes Arena that Rossco said wasn't going to be in the game after being asked about its absence from the venue list and said the reason was and I paraphrase "It's not an important venue at all and the only major use of it was the 2022 AFLW Season 7 Grand Final. It won't be used at any major level again." despite the fact that it's the training ground for the Brisbane Lions and is the home venue for both their AFLW team and their reserves team in the VFL.

sarcasm Maybe that explains why Pro Team took 15 months to come out. They were too busy trying to scan it into the game.

I guess it's nice to have after being told it wasn't going to be in the game but I would have thought that would have been low on the priority list considering everything that still needs to be fixed and tweaked and that we would have gotten stuff that was announced and promised for the game before we got a venue that was explicitly said not to be in the game.

The priorities for this company are all out of whack...
Meh, the art people arenā€™t the ones who do the coding and development of the game. The allocation of money towards doing it would be more of an issue, but thereā€™s no way you actually think modelling a stadium had any negative effect whatsoever on pro team right?

Oh damn. Ok. That changes things a bit. I just assumed who you got were your boys forever unless you traded up. Thanks for the info šŸ‘
No worries at all šŸ‘šŸ¼ worth noting that if you get a duplicate player you have the option to sell for a predetermined amount of coins or you can transfer the contracts over to the card you already have. Iā€™m mainly hoping itā€™s not a game breaker and they make contracts super easy to earn tbh.

Played a game of the Premiership Season in Pro Mode and had an ok time.

I haven't played many AFL games online before but I won 10.8 to 1.1 and got on a few scoring runs. Felt a little easy to abuse spoiling and the low spearing passes but I definitely tried to mix it up and try a few different ways to score.

Not sure how much longevitity it'll have but it's cool to see

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played a game of the Premiership Season in Pro Mode and had an ok time.

I haven't played many AFL games online before but I won 10.8 to 1.1 and got on a few scoring runs. Felt a little easy to abuse spoiling and the low spearing passes but I definitely tried to mix it up and try a few different ways to score.

Not sure how much longevitity it'll have but it's cool to see

What difficulty was this on?

Iā€™ve already vsd teams with full emerald and sapphire haha someone got daddyā€™s card on it already
Which mode is this in? I think I played 5 games of premiership challenge and in at least the 4 I looked at the opponentā€™s team in I had a better team with no players worse than silver, one diamond, 3 sapphires and maybe 4-5 emeralds, so I havenā€™t come across any sweats like that. The one game I didnā€™t look at was the one I lost (mainly due to bad luck I guess) but since Iā€™m on PS5 thereā€™s every chance premiership challenge doesnā€™t have cross play so nobodyā€™s been able to pay for an insane team.

Itā€™s what disgusts me with these modes on the sports games. People are claiming they are struggling to pay rent / food and bills in this current economic climate but people are willing to fork out $$$ for cards on these game modes. Itā€™s mind boggling and toxic.

I like the premise of the modes but I wish it wasnā€™t pay to win, make people grind and earn rewards would be all well and good but if your not going to spend a cent your going to be left behind quickly against the crowd that does. Itā€™s the same on NBA2K.

Itā€™s what disgusts me with these modes on the sports games. People are claiming they are struggling to pay rent / food and bills in this current economic climate but people are willing to fork out $$$ for cards on these game modes. Itā€™s mind boggling and toxic.

I like the premise of the modes but I wish it wasnā€™t pay to win, make people grind and earn rewards would be all well and good but if your not going to spend a cent your going to be left behind quickly against the crowd that does. Itā€™s the same on NBA2K.
The people with money to blow on pro team are the ones who will make the game profitable, boosting future budgets and improving the standard of AFL games.

Feels like the game plays a lot smoother as well, the gameplay patch was another step in the right direction.

I've seen more stuck in mud instances in this update compared to the previous one.

Also the cartoony "Flintstone feet" where the legs animate but the player is stationary for a few seconds before they take off. Is happening frequently, it was comical at first (especially when the player takes the ball, kegs running on the spot then spins around and takes off) but its bloody annoying now.

This is different to the stuck in mud concept (where the player completely freezes in time)

I'll never understand why people care what other people do with their own money.

I know these game modes are here to stay in a lot of genres thereā€™s no question about that I am just saying I find them highly toxic and there are so many young people that get addicted to it and MUST HAVE to keep up.

As I said love the premise of the modes just wish they werenā€™t pay to win , itā€™s up there with gambling and the pokies.

I know these game modes are here to stay in a lot of genres thereā€™s no question about that I am just saying I find them highly toxic and there are so many young people that get addicted to it and MUST HAVE to keep up.

As I said love the premise of the modes just wish they werenā€™t pay to win , itā€™s up there with gambling and the pokies.
Gambling is so easily accessible though that I donā€™t think ProTeam will be the reason for any addiction. Kids/adult buy cards irl too. Whether that be sports cards or playing a TCG.
If anyone chooses to pay for cards (virtual or physical) over paying the bills, then unfortunately thatā€™s their problem.

I get what youā€™re saying but this is the world we live in and itā€™ll never change. People just need more self control

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back