Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone else have an issue where your player spoils the ball instead of marking it, and when the ball goes into the oppositionā€™s 50 you canā€™t spoil at all?

Does anyone else have an issue where your player spoils the ball instead of marking it, and when the ball goes into the oppositionā€™s 50 you canā€™t spoil at all?

I think the second part is a matter of positioning and timing - can't really be sure as it's not consistent one way or the other.
And for the first part, I've had spoils instead of marks and marks instead of spoils. I've also had the AI decide on my behalf - where I've moved the player to the area, not hit any button and the AI does the action instead.

Games much more playable even with some jank. Still going nowhere near management mode, though.

Had the AI have a push in the back against, that was a surprise. Still think thereā€™s those tackles where everyone stops and it should be a free but the AI just picks it up and ****s off with it.

Has anyone managed to take a snap on the run and it not be a shank?

My god the CHF is STILL OP after all these patches, just had McDonald from Melbourne kick 10 goals in half because I canā€™t spoil him.

I've had three people in a row quit an online game early because I was beating them easily.

If this is the standard of competition I have then it's going to be easy being the top player, how are people so bad?

I hope Ross didn't give everyone the weekend off. The game is back to being unplayable.
Just stopage after stopage, then the super human AI gets it and burns me everytime.

I wish i could revert it back to a couple versions ago.

At least the commentary is spot on with Hudson repeating " it's a stoppage fest"

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I've had three people in a row quit an online game early because I was beating them easily.

If this is the standard of competition I have then it's going to be easy being the top player, how are people so bad?

We've all got strategies to beat the AI across the multiple difficulties. I guess human vs human cancels them out and it's a game of luck ?

I haven't had one game on Steam yet, takes too long to find anyone (and yes I'd probably be one that gets thrashed by 200 points despite being able to beat the AI frequently).

IMG_2703.jpeg
Ps5 (v 1.015)
10 min qtrs
Hard
Play now

Played a game this morning right after getting the patches

Really enjoyable although the momentum shift with the AI in the game is hard to stop, hopefully when tactics come it it will change and balancing from baā€™s end

Movement still janky and noticed a bit more teleportation with the ai, was still able to get the kick away, although not as far as I intended but didnā€™t end up just a few metres in front.

Handballing, marking and spoiling were fine for me. Tom Stewart couldnā€™t lose a marking contest in def 50 and jumping jack Henry was spoiling for fun.

Manually switching players is still just okay, def not as responsive as it needs to be and lack of a indicator as to who is being switched before it happens is annoying. Still got a few important spoils in my defensive 50 and it was especially nice spoiling the ball and it ending up with a teammate.

Goal kicking on the run and set shots is still easy (looking forward to the mentioned update for goals on the run dropping Monday and hopefully ba implements it for set shots too). I did notice that with set shots you can no longer just press the second part early (not in the blue) and have it go straight, I tested it and for a right footer it definitely hooked the kick. Still hoping the new mechanic does make its way to set shots too.

Love the banter and talk in this threadā€¦

One thing im noticing with this thread and the game, is that there is too many cooks trying to fix the game and too many different opinions. Some people like something and then others donā€™t. Some people say tackles donā€™t work & others say itā€™s fine. Some like being able to kick or to get a handball out when tackled, others said it was happening too much. People complain about marking and spoiling, others say itā€™s fine. Then thereā€™s the kicking aspect, I could go on & on.
The hardest thing on here and for Big Ant must be the lack of consensus amongst players with a lot of people not able to agree on certain aspects of the game. Someone finds something they donā€™t like about the game, complains about it, sends in a ticket with feedback and then big ant fix it due to said feedback. However it then ruins the game for someone else. No one can win. Hopefully they can finally balance the game enough get it to a point where itā€™s good enough for most people, because at the moment everyone seems to have an opinion and solution but not everyone is in agreement. Guarentee that must make it hard for Big Ant to work out whatā€™s working and what isnā€™t. Loving the passion from everyone on here but I think we need to have a bit more of a consensus and be careful not to overload Big Ant with ideas and individual opinions that seem to contradict someone elseā€™s. Wonā€™t help the game or Big Ant.

Keep the passion going though

To be fair I donā€™t think they adjust the game based on individual ticketsā€¦ unless they are submitted by madmundy #1 on the leaderboards, #1 in our hearts

It cannot be stated enough that altering likenesses has no effect on any other portion of the game being altered, added to or changed.

An artist cannot do the things a programmer can do, and a programmer cannot do the things an artist can do.

Adding, changing or altering likenesses is a simple change that takes minimal time and makes a big change when done right.

There were over 30 players altered for the last patch, whether that's new hair, different hair, adding tattoos, altering tattoos. Everything is being done in order to improve the experience that users get, sometimes those changes can seem or be minor, but if they're simple enough then why not do it.

Likenesses will continue to be updated, added to and altered dependent on whether there's a need and whether they can be improved, this has zero detrimental effect to anything else being done.

Go check Rachele in-game. He has a brand new hair just made for him (and now available to users in the academy).

Also - just as an FYI if people do have good consolidated feedback for visuals it can be addressed very quickly.
Hey mate. Good to see you posting here. Could you please show me where my player career mode is as you alluded to the last time you replied to me?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair I donā€™t think they adjust the game based on individual ticketsā€¦ unless they are submitted by madmundy #1 on the leaderboards, #1 in our hearts
Thatā€™s fair and you may be right. But I feel like they read and listen to what a lot of people have said on here. Which by the looks have to led to some things, at times being fixed, changed/tweaked and implemented. I get not everything that has changed is because of tickets or what people say but it must be annoying and confusing at times when some people say they like a certain aspect of the game and then they hear someone say they donā€™t. I feel like there needs to be abit more of a consensus as to how to make the game better. It seems that every has suggestions and ideas but never majority agreement. I know thatā€™s gonna be hard todo because everyone is passionate and has different views but if most are on same page it help Big Ant create a better game that majority are happy with. Thatā€™s just me

You're gonna give Ross a coronary mate šŸ˜›

Really don't care, wanted to point out they are of no help and it seemed he agreed to stop spamming, but here we are.

Didn't want to put him on ignore just in case he said something useful.

Hope the rest of you enjoy his videos.

Sounds and looks like itā€™s still in very ordinary knick which is disappointing .

Hopefully this mess doesnā€™t have any bearing on crickets release time frame.

Thatā€™s fair and you may be right. But I feel like they read and listen to what a lot of people have said on here. Which by the looks have to led to some things, at times being fixed, changed/tweaked and implemented. I get not everything that has changed is because of tickets or what people say but it must be annoying and confusing at times when some people say they like a certain aspect of the game and then they hear someone say they donā€™t. I feel like there needs to be abit more of a consensus as to how to make the game better. It seems that every has suggestions and ideas but never majority agreement. I know thatā€™s gonna be hard todo because everyone is passionate and has different views but if most are on same page it help Big Ant create a better game that majority are happy with. Thatā€™s just me

I think most people will be happy if they fix the obvious bugs like teleporting tackles etc then worry about how it played. Hell, fix those bugs and all the other issues might fade away.

Every ticket is read and has the potential to shape the game. Which is why people should contact support.bigant.com if they want to have input.

The game will get better, and occasionally worse, and then better again as we see the widespread results in the wild. Not much different to the real game where new rules are tried/adopted/modified or dropped.

View attachment 1692002
Ps5 (v 1.015)
10 min qtrs
Hard
Play now

Played a game this morning right after getting the patches

Really enjoyable although the momentum shift with the AI in the game is hard to stop, hopefully when tactics come it it will change and balancing from baā€™s end

Movement still janky and noticed a bit more teleportation with the ai, was still able to get the kick away, although not as far as I intended but didnā€™t end up just a few metres in front.

Handballing, marking and spoiling were fine for me. Tom Stewart couldnā€™t lose a marking contest in def 50 and jumping jack Henry was spoiling for fun.

Manually switching players is still just okay, def not as responsive as it needs to be and lack of a indicator as to who is being switched before it happens is annoying. Still got a few important spoils in my defensive 50 and it was especially nice spoiling the ball and it ending up with a teammate.

Goal kicking on the run and set shots is still easy (looking forward to the mentioned update for goals on the run dropping Monday and hopefully ba implements it for set shots too). I did notice that with set shots you can no longer just press the second part early (not in the blue) and have it go straight, I tested it and for a right footer it definitely hooked the kick. Still hoping the new mechanic does make its way to set shots too.
To halt momentum, control the ball, play keepings off for a while, settle the game down, which is what teams will do IRL.

Fighting fire with fire generally leads to a shoot-out where, depending on the difficulty level, will end up in the AI's favour if they've already got on top.

Really don't care
jennifer lawrence ok GIF

To halt momentum, control the ball, play keepings off for a while, settle the game down, which is what teams will do IRL.

Fighting fire with fire generally leads to a shoot-out where, depending on the difficulty level, will end up in the AI's favour if they've already got on top.
Exactly what I did towards half time, although I should have done it earlier. The precision of kicking in the game is great and helps when there is always a man leading.

Question BigAntStudios , you mentioned a few days ago jostling and positioning will play a bigger part in marking contests. Has that been implemented yet or still to come? As it is to me not that noticeable.

Exactly what I did towards half time, although I should have done it earlier. The precision of kicking in the game is great and helps when there is always a man leading.

Question BigAntStudios , you mentioned a few days ago jostling and positioning will play a bigger part in marking contests. Has that been implemented yet or still to come? As it is to me not that noticeable.
Some has been implemented but not to the final level we'd like, once we have the difficulty levels (timing windows etc.) more final, that will be the time we make it more prevalent.

The games still a mess online. Itā€™s basically who can adjust to the bugginess better and be a better predictor of lag.

There were over 30 players altered for the last patch, whether that's new hair, different hair, adding tattoos, altering tattoos. Everything is being done in order to improve the experience that users get, sometimes those changes can seem or be minor, but if they're simple enough then why not do it.

Thats impressive how many were altered!! Do you have a list of who by any chance please? I commented earlier on some Pies and just noticed Ginnivan also now has longer hair! Great work!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back