Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thinking about picking up this game tonight after lurking on both threads for the last three weeks, just curious as to how the stamina system works in the game?

The lack of customisation with the players is something that was last seen in sports games in 2005.
Itā€™s baffling, and theyā€™ve got your money already.
Iā€™m an Xbox owner and Iā€™ve been spared the bemusement of loading it up myself and flicking through the menus looking a core structure in games thatā€™s missing.
Get a grip - the Academy has more options than any sports game ever previously developed.

The community have already made some amazing Stadia, Teams and Players, all shareable.

Anyone know how we can get a refund without contacting the ACCC?ā€¦.past the 10 days at eb games. Decided to give Bigant a chance to patch the game and the game is still in a terrible state, missing what was promised to us.

Game play doesnā€™t feel fluent and so many attention to detail items missing (that old games got right!)

Anyone know how we can get a refund without contacting the ACCC?ā€¦.past the 10 days at eb games. Decided to give Bigant a chance to patch the game and the game is still in a terrible state, missing what was promised to us.

Game play doesnā€™t feel fluent and so many attention to detail items missing (that old games got right!)

Quivorir might buy it off you.

Any of you guys popped the play a match in each state and territory trophy? I've played in each state and not yet got it and it's the last one for me to platinum it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Iā€™m not even blaming CD. You only have to see their ratings system and the QBQ stuff to see something has gone wrong in the middle. Like CD just of a week ago had Hugh McCluggage outside the top 7 at Brisbane yet heā€™s a 91 on the update

This High tackle resulted in a free kick :)

The player in blue just stopping (unless that was the player character and you let go of the analogue stick?), the clipping through during the tackle and the player standing on the mark, the teleporting ball. Still a lot of work needed (although I doubt the clipping will be fixed, probably not noticeable at a playable camera angle, but an animation where the player picks up the ball instead of him using the Force on it will be nice).

Some of the animations looked great, like the tackled player grabbing his face. Sums up a lot of what I've seen, like a nice bit of play building up and oh look he's handballed it 100m backwards.

Ryan Lester rated 87, heā€™s played over 20 games in a season once in his 13 year career.

Good lord, please tell me weā€™ll be able to fix these up ourselves for our offline management modes, just like every other major sports game does.
Thatā€™s the issue with champion data ratings. One week a player might play an excellent game and be number one rated, next week they might play crap and their champion data rating drops, resulting in their in game stats dropping.

Not great but itā€™s the risk taken to try and keep accurate ratings for players and teams I guess

Thatā€™s the issue with champion data ratings. One week a player might play an excellent game and be number one rated, next week they might play crap and their champion data rating drops, resulting in their in game stats dropping.

Not great but itā€™s the risk taken to try and keep accurate ratings for players and teams I guess

It was a good idea to implement CD analytics but I think it shouldā€™ve just been used as a guide if thats why weā€™re now held back from editing real player attributes. Or even if we had an option to switch in on and off. I get we can copy teams as custom ones and edit from there but to me its not the same šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

Created a support ticket for the screens within the stadiums being black 95% of the time I see them in game. Obviously not massive gameplay wise but definitely an immersion killer. Anyone else experiencing this on PC or even console? I don't believe I have seen anyone mention it here but I could have just missed it.

Not a huge complaint obviously bigger things to come first but thought it was worth bringing it up anyway.

Wonder if Champion Data was a BigAnt or AFL decision. A lot of fans froth over the stats/data that Champion Data release and the AFL would love that stuff being used for something. I'm in the camp of "great to base off" but to have the OVR's locked to Champion Data and unchangeable in management mode (eg. progression/training) wrecks the immersion a bit. I might want to make Ned Reeves an AA ruckman and premiership player, but if hes playing crap in real life, that ruins my management mode (unless of course I'm reading that wrong and the CD updates don't impact active management saves?)

Wonder if Champion Data was a BigAnt or AFL decision. A lot of fans froth over the stats/data that Champion Data release and the AFL would love that stuff being used for something. I'm in the camp of "great to base off" but to have the OVR's locked to Champion Data and unchangeable in management mode (eg. progression/training) wrecks the immersion a bit. I might want to make Ned Reeves an AA ruckman and premiership player, but if hes playing crap in real life, that ruins my management mode (unless of course I'm reading that wrong and the CD updates don't impact active management saves?)
Aren't they looking to have a good relationship with the Player's Association as well? I imagine that there are lots of parties who DON'T want their stats modified (including the players themselves).

With the immersion thing... I'm struggling to understand why not being able to edit them makes it less immersive? I would've thought it would be the other way around

I agree it should be an average thing rather than a week to week thing. Ryan Lester as a provided example has had a great 3 weeks or so of football, but is generally pretty average

Aren't they looking to have a good relationship with the Player's Association as well? I imagine that there are lots of parties who DON'T want their stats modified (including the players themselves).
I'd drop every Geelong player to 1 OVR and watch them suffer decades of hell if possible

Created a support ticket for the screens within the stadiums being black 95% of the time I see them in game. Obviously not massive gameplay wise but definitely an immersion killer. Anyone else experiencing this on PC or even console? I don't believe I have seen anyone mention it here but I could have just missed it.

Not a huge complaint obviously bigger things to come first but thought it was worth bringing it up anyway.
Yeah I've noticed in most games I played and brushed it off. Have only seen it on once or twice at Marvel and Metricon

Yeah I've noticed in most games I played and brushed it off. Have only seen it on once or twice at Marvel and Metricon
I'm not always tuned in to what the screens are doing but yeah it's a lot more obvious when it's directly behind a goal/easily visible from a set shot or something.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back