Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see these are playing Online, where I’ve also noticed a number of issues.

I think the play on one is likely R2 (sprint) being held to get to the contest… then, being online, maybe just the slightest lag to make that press carry over to after you’ve marked it.
Yeah probably but there shouldn’t be a lag to play on, in Live 1 in 2011 it was smooth online with this sort of thing.

Was at my cousins place yesterday, chucked this on the PS5.

Choose sides, kits look good you get to the bounce and graphically you think yep they hit this game so right, stadiums look fantastic, most player models look good. Then BAM the siren goes and the game starts and its all downhill from there.

I can not for the life of me believe how this game is still $100 and not in the $10 bin. A huge pile of dogshit and that is being nice. We tried to play through a couple of games but within the first half we had about 10 instances of teleportation where a defender would just appear out of thin air and spoil.

Probably seen around 5 or 6 speccies where the animation occured with a player taking a speccy in thin air and no where near the player.

The ball went straight to Sinclair who was in front of Ed Richards, ball went straight into his hands but the mark was awarded to Richards who's hands went through Sinclairs body and head to touch the ball.

Dusty running into the open goal with no one around him drops the ball from his right hand, it misses the right boot and somehow makes its way over to his left boot for the goal, like the ball teleports. Only saw that once and we were stunned going what the hell was that. It wasn't until you do the replay and change the camera angle where you see it.

The game crashed on us once when trying to do manual interchange and use the sub.

Max Gawn did a fend off to Vlastin and then proceeded to dance around in circles.

Aside from the graphics of the stadiums, kits and players I can't say a single thing positive about how the game played. I expected with the patches over the last 8 months it would have been in better shape.

Was at my cousins place yesterday, chucked this on the PS5.

Choose sides, kits look good you get to the bounce and graphically you think yep they hit this game so right, stadiums look fantastic, most player models look good. Then BAM the siren goes and the game starts and its all downhill from there.

I can not for the life of me believe how this game is still $100 and not in the $10 bin. A huge pile of dogshit and that is being nice. We tried to play through a couple of games but within the first half we had about 10 instances of teleportation where a defender would just appear out of thin air and spoil.

Probably seen around 5 or 6 speccies where the animation occured with a player taking a speccy in thin air and no where near the player.

The ball went straight to Sinclair who was in front of Ed Richards, ball went straight into his hands but the mark was awarded to Richards who's hands went through Sinclairs body and head to touch the ball.

Dusty running into the open goal with no one around him drops the ball from his right hand, it misses the right boot and somehow makes its way over to his left boot for the goal, like the ball teleports. Only saw that once and we were stunned going what the hell was that. It wasn't until you do the replay and change the camera angle where you see it.

The game crashed on us once when trying to do manual interchange and use the sub.

Max Gawn did a fend off to Vlastin and then proceeded to dance around in circles.

Aside from the graphics of the stadiums, kits and players I can't say a single thing positive about how the game played. I expected with the patches over the last 8 months it would have been in better shape.
Did you make sure you’ve downloaded all the updates before playing ?
That sounds like the game on release, nothing like that now.

Yep all current updates.

Play now human player v human playe

Did you make sure you’ve downloaded all the updates before playing ?
That sounds like the game on release, nothing like that now.
Yeah the game is gone FAR beyond that stage now, I personally haven't had any issues for a while now, not sure about anyone else, but I very much like the game where it is now! Onwards and upwards from here hopefully.

Bring on ProTeam :)

Do y'all think if they get approval from platform holders at this time of night the just release the update or do they wait to the next day at like 10:00am AEST and release it??? The communication from little Ant has been putrid!

Do y'all think if they get approval from platform holders at this time of night the just release the update or do they wait to the next day at like 10:00am AEST and release it??? The communication from little Ant has been putrid!
If it's the same process as previous patches, I think it only gets released at that AEST time, as it's based in France or something, so it goes by there time. Just wait and see I always say :)

Judging by Xtreme's clips, the game is absolutely still like that. Total dog's breakfast.

Confirmed

I've seen many teleport marks both in terms of the opposition AI teleports into position just as your controlled player braces for the ball AND the morphing animation where the opposition player looks like he's standing in your way, but its animated OVER your player. So it looks awkward when both do the same jump and landing animation at the same time, one of my games I thought the AI had marked it............... but my player in fact took it

and i'm not playing online!!

Confirmed

I've seen many teleport marks both in terms of the opposition AI teleports into position just as your controlled player braces for the ball AND the morphing animation where the opposition player looks like he's standing in your way, but its animated OVER your player. So it looks awkward when both do the same jump and landing animation at the same time, one of my games I thought the AI had marked it............... but my player in fact took it

and i'm not playing online!!
This stuff almost never happens in my game these days, not sure if it’s a pc v console thing but your game seems particularly janky

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This stuff almost never happens in my game these days, not sure if it’s a pc v console thing but your game seems particularly janky

PLOT TWIST - the videos on Saturday were from my time on the Playstation version.
The Sunday videos were on pc

I've seen so much over the last year, a lot of glitches that happen "live" (such as what another poster described earlier with some of the kicking physics/animations switching feet, or like the video I posted where the ball hits the shin instead of the foot) don't always translate to the replay - the replay shows it as it SHOULD have happened live etc.

Or there are other instances where the "dodgy" animations are really only exposed during replays. An example is the push in the back animation, it looks passable when it happens in game (granted you can telegraph when its going to happen based on the lead up to the animation itself). Whereas on the replay itself, the player pushing the opposition player in the back doesn't even make contact with the other player.

For all of the nitpicking about it, I'm still playing the game AFTER I had shelved it months ago, so the recent patch work has brought me back and kept me involved in the game - have racked up almost 256 hours of game time!! and 22 hours played in the past fortnight.

(there's a further plot twist that I'll embarrassingly reveal on Friday via screenshots :( lol).

There’s a stream on twitch / you tube Great White Sharpy in his clips the teleporting is happening big time and the weird ball drops/ speccy glitch to so I don’t think it’s got anything to do with updates.

if your paying $100 the same as NBA/ Fifa/ NHL/Madden you expect the same sort of quality, whilst all of those games have their own faults the game play does not have the crazy amount of glitches AFL still has. Like I said the games been out for 12 months it should be in the $10-20$ EB Games rack not $100 the same price as new release games.

Created a ticket with bigant for some issues still, would’ve thought over a year after release than these would be fixed. Some flops in the gaming hub fb page are saying skill error…not sure how my player hitting an invisible wall when I’m trying to play on or my player just standing there is a skill error. I mean I’m not the best at the game but these issues are not skill related.

This is the only AFL game or even sports game I can think of in the last few gens where the user commands and movement is completely broken. Maybe the PS2 AFL games controls were wonky, but that's like 17+ years ago. No idea why that's not their main priority to fix, and why they were defending it, especially early on. I find the whole situation interesting, where they said they would have very high standards before release, to completely botching the game and defending it being broken.

if your paying $100 the same as NBA/ Fifa/ NHL/Madden you expect the same sort of quality, whilst all of those games have their own faults the game play does not have the crazy amount of glitches AFL still has. Like I said the games been out for 12 months it should be in the $10-20$ EB Games rack not $100 the same price as new release games.
I would have gladly paid $200 or more without even the extra modes or even "photo realistic" graphics if they just got the gameplay to actually reflect the sport, no glaring game breaking bugs, with proper precision movement and with all the nuances of the sport into the gameplay, with the custom formations/player instructions. And I think they could have done that, but they chose to prioritize presentation and to labour on their own engine, instead of just using something like Unreal Engine 4 like WW did for Evo 2.

Imagine the block party old mate Rossco is gonna have if ProTeam sucks.
Eventually he’ll get to a point where one of the AFL games he releases is strictly positive feedback and he’ll think he’s a genius

One of those AFL games will probably not be from his mob though lets be real 🤣 I’m waiting for a WW rep to return the favour with some pot shots.

A whole week on now. Assuming it was submitted appropriately with enough time to pass certification (at least a week early if not more), and with no issues, those platform holders are certainly dragging their heels.

Pretty obvious that there are issues. This just doesn't happen to other devs.

A whole week on now. Assuming it was submitted appropriately with enough time to pass certification (at least a week early if not more), and with no issues, those platform holders are certainly dragging their heels.
Big Ant always lies, and it's always someone else's fault, rather than their's.

They used to have so much promise as a local gaming company back in the AFL Live days. I guess Ross just hasn't been able to cope with the growth. Perhaps he should step aside and allow some new leadership to try and recover things, because right now their reputation is in tatters.

I honestly wish Wicked Witch still had the licence — that's how bad things have gotten.

Pretty obvious that there are issues. This just doesn't happen to other devs.

I was going to say it at the time, but when they promised to release a pro team teaser video it felt like it was going to be a while before release. Doesnt feel like something you'd have someone work til 11pm to complete if the release was expected imminently.

Also may explain why they're reticent to release any info - if it ends up going down the path of be a pro mode for example.

They're a debacle at the moment. Bring back 2011 Big Ant đź’Ż

I was going to say it at the time, but when they promised to release a pro team teaser video it felt like it was going to be a while before release. Doesnt feel like something you'd have someone work til 11pm to complete if the release was expected imminently.

Also may explain why they're reticent to release any info - if it ends up going down the path of be a pro mode for example.

They're a debacle at the moment. Bring back 2011 Big Ant đź’Ż
Given the state of the game play and the lack of people playing why would you even release it anyway. I highly doubt the mode is going to bring an influx of people to play the game, whilst some people love those modes I think there a lot of people that get pissed off with microtransactions.

They would be much better off just focusing on tweaking the game play or set up for AFL 25.

I said it earlier but graphically the game looks great its just the game play is a mess and that's not even delving into the issues with longevity of a career/management mode.

The current season is basically half way done and if the mode is delayed a month or more what is the point even releasing it. The most worrying thing is take a look at Cricket 24 as prime example, their biggest game franchise with the supporter base world wide and the series is going backwards at an alarming rate. They focused on licensing which restricts peoples gaming experience because those players are locked for editing gear and so on and the game play has suffered. It's just a cut and paste job from 22. I can't see them turning the ship around for AFL anytime soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back