Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesnā€™t look like thereā€™s going to be another gameplay update either. At least this year.
Itā€™s a shame because itā€™s so close yet so far at the same time. Makes me wonder if theyā€™ll be able to iron some of these things out in the next iteration or if itā€™ll be much of the same story.
Would like to see a focus on Gameplay and Management mode in the next game.
Yeah I think all that's left is the AFLW update (if that's still a thing), and then their support will likely just be Pro Team additions until either next season, or the season after when/if they release another. My concern is they don't seem to think gameplay is all that broken - it's playable for sure but every minor tweak seems to throw something else off. Gameplay and management mode fixes and content would be what sways me over. I've just not been sold on Pro Team like a lot of others seem to have been

I see they didn't bother to add any of this year's indigenous or retro guernseys, they just stopped after adding a couple of Gather Round guernseys.
Yeah, I was really hoping to see these guernseys added into the game, just seems like a simple enough task based on how efficient they were with it last year, but now it's a pushed aside problem. I'd love to see the little things like this just continually worked on in the game, it's things like that which will keep people invested imo, continual improvement and more links to reality within the game.

I see they didn't bother to add any of this year's indigenous or retro guernseys, they just stopped after adding a couple of Gather Round guernseys.
I mean, they're not the most important thing to add to the game especially in the state the game has been in. But it is kinda weird they've stopped even bothering to put them in after the big noise they made about adding things like that not long after they were worn and wanting to add as much content as they could because they cared about the sport.

I honestly feel like they've lost their enthusiasm and care to put stuff like this in after everything that's happened and considering what the dev team have had to go through with how botched this game was and how everything went after release, I kinda don't blame them for throwing in the towel and just putting in the bare minimum to not get sued over promised content at this point.

They weren't the ones who launched the game as it was. They weren't the ones who were in charge of what went on and they weren't the ones running their mouths off about previous devs and how this was going to be so much better than the other AFL games.

It just leaves me wondering what the future is here. Do Big Ant just keep working on AFL 23 updates into 2025? Do they decide to move onto a new game and deal with the backlash that an announcement that they're doing a sequel would likely get? Or do they just throw in the towel, move on and let someone else have a crack at the AFL games?

Also, I found it interesting that EA Sports College Football 25 was pitched in December 2019, was greenlit for development not long after in early 2020 and didn't come out until last month.

Over 4 years of work went into that title. It honestly makes me wonder how long was actually spent on AFL 23 and if it would be better for someone to work on one of these AFL games for a couple of years so that you can have the gameplay and features ready and then release it?

I remember seeing something around the indigenous guernseys need licensing from their artists, as well as the clubs and league... so just from the legal perspective, they were more work.
Obviously then, there's the artist and dev time to put them into the game as well.... but yeah, unfortunately not as easy as us just making them in the guernsey editors and uploading to the community.

Doesnā€™t look like thereā€™s going to be another gameplay update either. At least this year.
Itā€™s a shame because itā€™s so close yet so far at the same time. Makes me wonder if theyā€™ll be able to iron some of these things out in the next iteration or if itā€™ll be much of the same story.
Would like to see a focus on Gameplay and Management mode in the next game.
You willed it out of the abyssā€¦. PS5 just got a 1.101GB update.
Not sure whatā€™s in itā€¦ downloading now.

Lately I've been playing management mode and honestly the gameplay is good enough to enjoy it.

Loved picking up Bolton, Warner and Baker for **** all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone played it since the patch and noticed any gameplay changes? I did see JNT said there'd been a few minor changes besides the AFLW stuff and a few cosmetic designs in the card game.

Anyone played it since the patch and noticed any gameplay changes? I did see JNT said there'd been a few minor changes besides the AFLW stuff and a few cosmetic designs in the card game.
Yep.
Just a few bugs I've noticed have been fixed.
I may have imagined it, but I felt like smothering has been buffed... as in, I smothered a LOT more than I previously did.... but maybe I was just lucky in the games I played last night.

Yep.
Just a few bugs I've noticed have been fixed.
I may have imagined it, but I felt like smothering has been buffed... as in, I smothered a LOT more than I previously did.... but maybe I was just lucky in the games I played last night.
Just jumped on for a game after someone bailed on our meeting. I agree - lots more smothers involved which is great ; felt silly running head on at someone before and still being able to slog it past them.

Tackling seems to be improved too - still harder to make them stick than before, but actually feels like a skill now when trying to take someone down. Few more animations in the tackles as well, spinning the players around etc.

Marking has improved a little bit as well - finally took an overhead mark with Jack Ginnivan.

Bulldogs kicked the first two goals before normal service resumed:

LOL

hahaha weirdly enough, I cannot do that with any player except for Frost. Anyone else gets run down, Frosty? Nah mate let him through. King Frost = GOD

hahaha weirdly enough, I cannot do that with any player except for Frost. Anyone else gets run down, Frosty? Nah mate let him through. King Frost = GOD

Also I can only do it starting from the backline. I usually get mauled if I try to burst through the center square (excluding ruck contests - although I tend to get the ruck tap, bomb it forward).

Also I can only do it starting from the backline. I usually get mauled if I try to burst through the center square (excluding ruck contests - although I tend to get the ruck tap, bomb it forward).
Yeah I don't know how it works but I feel some players are coded to be tackled more and some less. Every time Nick Watson gets the ball for me, he's instantly grabbed/players teleport and get him down. Clearly one of the devs is not a fan

Loaded up steam and.... another update ?

0mYLtmc.png

Anyone know when/if the weekly objectives refresh? Iā€™m level 26 in pro-team, and only have 2 parts of the Legendary objective left (rebound 50ā€™s and goals) before Iā€™ve finished them all..

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back