Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon an understated "missing" part of the game is just the lack of visual/sensory flare. You kick a goal and the game just kinda...resets. The crowd noises aren't immersive, there aren't any replays or anything, and your players just start running back to the middle even before the ball goes through the goals. This really contributes to the general lack of reward/excitement I feel playing the game. Compare that to something like a 2K/FIFA, or even something more arcadey like Rocket League/Jam, where every score feels like a big deal in a way that is super rewarding.

As much as it's still frustrating and a long, long way from perfect, the gameplay is at a place now where I can happily chuck a game on here and there and have a fine time. There's just nothing to keep me coming back, or want to play another, let alone slog through a 24 round season or play 10+ minute quarters to get anywhere in ProTeam.

As much as it's still frustrating and a long, long way from perfect, the gameplay is at a place now where I can happily chuck a game on here and there and have a fine time. There's just nothing to keep me coming back, or want to play another, let alone slog through a 24 round season or play 10+ minute quarters to get anywhere in ProTeam.

Pretty much sums it up perfectly. I just fired up Pro Team after 2 months and even though Legends are a good inclusion, it still isnt enough to keep me entertained & I think the gameplay needs a lot of tweaking still.

I can have a bug free match then the next match I'll get hit with invisible walls, stuck in mud (worst is when that happens 4-5 fresh possessions in a row!!) or score glitches.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back