Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHEN CAN I PLAY? READ BELOW:
  • PlayStation (Physical): Thursday 4 May
  • PlayStation (Digital): 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May
  • Steam: Currently 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May, may be moved to 12:01am AEST
  • Xbox (Digital or Physical): TO BE CONFIRMED, unlikely to be 4 May

Those that pre-ordered PS versions will be able to play on Thursday, disks will have already been mailed by retailers, they will also be available in-store.

Steam will also be available Thursday.

Stating the obvious, we are still having issues with XBox.

Seriously, anyone that looks hard knows there’s issues - why do you think there are so many exclusives for a particular platform that are not marked as exclusive, but are only on that platform.

If I took that road, life would have been a lot easier.

Xbox digital and retail will release at the same time - that is not a decision we get to make.

It applies now and I will no doubt pay a price.

Re: commentary team
Hamish is still there, Daisy didn't make it into the final version of the game.

We added Gary and increased the workload of Harf.

Re: game availability/release dates
I can never give 100% guarantee about anything in the future, but as it stands today, the statement I am prepared to make it that all stock that is at retailers on 4 May will be available for sale.

As to the amount that will be there for sale, and whether it is enough, that is a question I cannot answer.

It will be made digitally available on the various platform holder electronic stores.

Clarifying, the game will not release prior to 4 May 2023.

I am vague as there is one platform that has had sufficient stock at retailers and the other has not, and I cannot name them (contractual reasons).

The game will not be further delayed because of the numbers of units in stock.

Re: Steam listing
I've already put in a request for the screenshots to be replaced with current ones, they'll probably only be there for a day.

As much as the feedback has generally been positive, these are old, meant to be placeholder only and were not meant to go live.

Re: playing lists
All playing lists are accurate for the 2023 season.

Re: content creator footage
This is all prior to day one patch (as some have noted updates like numbers etc are apparent)

Re: Career mode
A head's up on Career mode.

At the AFL 23 Launch night I mentioned the non-team based Individual Career Mode in an interview with Dean (Twistie3). As alluded to at that same event, we were working with the AFL and AFLPA to include as many past legends in the game as possible.

The great news is that we have received approval for far more AFL legends than were previously envisaged, but this has meant that we had to make the tough decision to divert resources away from the Individual Career mode development. The individual Career Mode function will not make it into AFL 23, Career Mode will be entirely team based. I expect this mode to be include in future iterations of the game.

Re: microtransactions
You do not have to make purchases, things can be earned.

Re: general development
So fundamentally flawed, in so many ways, it’s bananas.

We are doing AFL as it’s a passion project, without us doing it there would not be one being made.

So much more upside with making games that are played internationally, let alone one that will not even be played in every state in this country.

Last edited:
Allow the people to get refunds on their orders and go digital on the 13th. Every gaming console has the ability to buy and download digital games. Deliver unique codes to input into their consoles on the 13th for those that did pre order.

What baffles me is BA postponing the game instead of providing alternative ways to own the game. I’ve stuck up for BA for the most part, but this is quite poor.
This would absolutely piss off retailers like EB and JB and it could lead to them just not carrying their other games anymore.

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Preorders are always refundable.

It is entirely beyond our control, there are contractual reasons why you cannot release one platform before the other.

We are not on our own with this, it has happened to Ubi and EA this year in Australia.

We will have an opportunity to release more gameplay footage and do more gameplay sessions during the delay.
So we aren't going to get any gameplay from now until Monday?

Very flat about the news :(

I will say though that in my line of work, especially this time of year, it's very heavily involved with shipping, containers, customs etc.

And even we were told as recently as last week that the ports are very light on for staff currently and some containers have been taking 2-3 weeks to get from port to warehouses depending on how things go via customs clearance which literally no one has control over.

So from that standpoint I get going the more conservative revised date as we have had to do that ourselves at various stages.

Shipping can be a real bitch. Often delays will happen at the drop of a hat with little or no explanation as it often isn't known even by the factory the goods are coming from as it usually happens at port level offshore.

Anyway, I will resubmit my annual leave form and gear up for Star Wars day.

I completely disagree with this statement

ah okay, I wish Ross initially said this. The fairness and equity makes sense now. I’m not fuming anymore

I have a bridge to sell you if you think there aren’t people in this thread enjoying this news.

This would absolutely piss off retailers like EB and JB and it could lead to them just not carrying their other games anymore.

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I can't tell you how bad today has been....
So we aren't going to get any gameplay from now until Monday?

Anytime we do video it has to be approved by all involved - it's unlikely there will be any video prior to Tuesday.

However, as above, we will now be able to release more video and have more in-store playsessions than was previously planned.

BigAntStudios Serious question... If the work on this game has been done (in house), in Australia. Why wouldn't the discs being pressed and created also be done in Australia? Not imported from another country?

Clearly I don't know much regarding this issue, but still curious.

I will say though that in my line of work, especially this time of year, it's very heavily involved with shipping, containers, customs etc.

And even we were told as recently as last week that the ports are very light on for staff currently and some containers have been taking 2-3 weeks to get from port to warehouses depending on how things go via customs clearance which literally no one has control over.

So from that standpoint I get going the more conservative revised date as we have had to do that ourselves at various stages.

Shipping can be a real bitch. Often delays will happen at the drop of a hat with little or no explanation as it often isn't known even by the factory the goods are coming from as it usually happens at port level offshore.

But considering we are a week away from launch, it should be nearing on arrival to Australia....So it should release earlier than May 4th if that's the case

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given your platform, you'd know it's happened a lot this year - even EA's Need For Speed at Christmas.
Kicking some own goals xbox atm. It’s a shame. But it was it is I guess. More time to refine the game for final launch day. May the 4th be with you.

Anytime we do video it has to be approved by all involved - it's unlikely there will be any video prior to Tuesday.

However, as above, we will now be able to release more video and have more in-store playsessions than was previously planned.
So that also most likely means we weren't going to get any gameplay until Tuesday next week even if release was on the 13th?

Anyone shipping anything is stuffed right now, and during Easter even more so. Add customs to that, think of a number and double it.

When we got the other platform through a couple of weeks ago we never dreamed we'd be in this position.

Apologies to hear anyway Ross, internally would be a deflating issue to deal with and plenty of disappointment. Hopefully our baggers can make Good Friday somewhat good after this news

Hopefully you all within the company can take the positives out of the delay that can be done

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

BigAntStudios Serious question... If the work on this game has been done (in house), in Australia. Why wouldn't the discs being pressed and created also be done in Australia? Not imported from another country?

Clearly I don't know much regarding this issue, but still curious.

Sadly, like many other manufacturing industries, we do not make disks in Australia any more.

These particular disks are made in Austria and Germany.

But considering we are a week away from launch, it should be nearing on arrival to Australia....So it should release earlier than May 4th if that's the case
even if the container was revised to be arriving to port after easter, lets say the 12th.

from the 12th it could still take up to 2-3 weeks to get through customs and released from the port to get delivered to the warehouse.

From there stock has to be unloaded, stocked in, then picked, packed and sent to stores who need to have it at least prior to release per what Ross said earlier.

I think the 4th of May feels about right based on what I experienced as early as the last 2 weeks.

even if the container was revised to be arriving to port after easter, lets say the 12th.

from the 12th it could still take up to 2-3 weeks to get through customs and released from the port to get delivered to the warehouse.

From there stock has to be unloaded, stocked in, then picked, packed and sent to stores who need to have it at least prior to release per what Ross said earlier.

I think the 4th of May feels about right based on what I experienced as early as the last 2 weeks.

That's all well and good, however does fly in the face of today being some kind of deadline, particularly given Easter.

So that just shows BA were behind with a gameplay video anyway. Because surely a promotional/gameplay vid in the lead up to next Thursday would have been approved by all parties by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back