Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHEN CAN I PLAY? READ BELOW:
  • PlayStation (Physical): Thursday 4 May
  • PlayStation (Digital): 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May
  • Steam: Currently 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May, may be moved to 12:01am AEST
  • Xbox (Digital or Physical): TO BE CONFIRMED, unlikely to be 4 May

Those that pre-ordered PS versions will be able to play on Thursday, disks will have already been mailed by retailers, they will also be available in-store.

Steam will also be available Thursday.

Stating the obvious, we are still having issues with XBox.

Seriously, anyone that looks hard knows there’s issues - why do you think there are so many exclusives for a particular platform that are not marked as exclusive, but are only on that platform.

If I took that road, life would have been a lot easier.

Xbox digital and retail will release at the same time - that is not a decision we get to make.

It applies now and I will no doubt pay a price.

Re: commentary team
Hamish is still there, Daisy didn't make it into the final version of the game.

We added Gary and increased the workload of Harf.

Re: game availability/release dates
I can never give 100% guarantee about anything in the future, but as it stands today, the statement I am prepared to make it that all stock that is at retailers on 4 May will be available for sale.

As to the amount that will be there for sale, and whether it is enough, that is a question I cannot answer.

It will be made digitally available on the various platform holder electronic stores.

Clarifying, the game will not release prior to 4 May 2023.

I am vague as there is one platform that has had sufficient stock at retailers and the other has not, and I cannot name them (contractual reasons).

The game will not be further delayed because of the numbers of units in stock.

Re: Steam listing
I've already put in a request for the screenshots to be replaced with current ones, they'll probably only be there for a day.

As much as the feedback has generally been positive, these are old, meant to be placeholder only and were not meant to go live.

Re: playing lists
All playing lists are accurate for the 2023 season.

Re: content creator footage
This is all prior to day one patch (as some have noted updates like numbers etc are apparent)

Re: Career mode
A head's up on Career mode.

At the AFL 23 Launch night I mentioned the non-team based Individual Career Mode in an interview with Dean (Twistie3). As alluded to at that same event, we were working with the AFL and AFLPA to include as many past legends in the game as possible.

The great news is that we have received approval for far more AFL legends than were previously envisaged, but this has meant that we had to make the tough decision to divert resources away from the Individual Career mode development. The individual Career Mode function will not make it into AFL 23, Career Mode will be entirely team based. I expect this mode to be include in future iterations of the game.

Re: microtransactions
You do not have to make purchases, things can be earned.

Re: general development
So fundamentally flawed, in so many ways, it’s bananas.

We are doing AFL as it’s a passion project, without us doing it there would not be one being made.

So much more upside with making games that are played internationally, let alone one that will not even be played in every state in this country.

Last edited:
I understand the want for more content, it will come, and it will come soon - and once it begins it will be constant up until and post release.
Good to hear. I'm not trying to be a d*ck about it and I try to give my comments more substance than the typical fare. Just want this game to be as successful as possible and the lack of footage of it is frustrating for everyone.

It's honestly baffling how unprofessional the 'launch' of this game has become and the developers behind it. I can sympathise with the delay, it's quite obvious that the game wasn't or perhaps still isn't finished but to not at least be transparent about this is at best shady and at worst insulting your (in my case) paying customers intelligence.

But now that the delay has happened and people have genuine and very basic concerns about the game such as how it plays, it's features etc. they are met with deaf ears or at best some snarky comment chastising posters for dare asking "who are the commentators in this game?".

Let me preface this next part by saying I am in no way implying that this game is a scam, it is not, however it does say a lot that the notorious Kickstarter scam, Chronicles of Elyria, has up until this point shown more gameplay footage than AFL23.

Sure, the game will come out soon enough and most of us here will probably forgive and forget, but customer goodwill is such a valuable resource in the video game industry and once it goes it rarely ever comes back.

In short, just treat your customers with the dignity they deserve and it will be rendered onto you.
Well Done Good Job GIF by Achievement Hunter

It's honestly baffling how unprofessional the 'launch' of this game has become and the developers behind it. I can sympathise with the delay, it's quite obvious that the game wasn't or perhaps still isn't finished but to not at least be transparent about this is at best shady and at worst insulting your (in my case) paying customers intelligence.

But now that the delay has happened and people have genuine and very basic concerns about the game such as how it plays, it's features etc. they are met with deaf ears or at best some snarky comment chastising posters for dare asking "who are the commentators in this game?".

Let me preface this next part by saying I am in no way implying that this game is a scam, it is not, however it does say a lot that the notorious Kickstarter scam, Chronicles of Elyria, has up until this point shown more gameplay footage than AFL23.

Sure, the game will come out soon enough and most of us here will probably forgive and forget, but customer goodwill is such a valuable resource in the video game industry and once it goes it rarely ever comes back.

In short, just treat your customers with the dignity they deserve and it will be rendered onto you.
this

BigAntStudios Ross I know everything is going digital, it's inevitable. Do you believe games will eventually be subscription based down the track where you pay a monthly or yearly fee, with one MAJOR update every year to improve the game?

BigAntStudios Ross I know everything is going digital, it's inevitable. Do you believe games will eventually be subscription based down the track where you pay a monthly or yearly fee, with one MAJOR update every year to improve the game?

100% it will go the way of CD's (Spotify) and Blu-Ray (Netflix), and soon.

Hey Ross,

Wondering if there's an ability to change a registered player's number in the game.

Eagerly waiting to turn Josh Gibcus into Alex Rance v.2, and wondering if he can be kitted in the #18 too.

Cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has it not already? I play most games on xbox game pass including Cricket 22.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah 100% a Game Pass style subscription is the way of the future.

It'll be good for a while until all the individual publishers try to do their own thing and massively splinter the market causing everyone to take out multiple subscriptions ... or turn to piracy.

See also: Netflix, and the subsequent splintering into a shitload of streaming services.

You originally lost the AFL licence to wicked witch of all companies, I’m not sure where this arrogance is coming from.

That was because they were cheper for TrueBlu (publisher) to make some quick money with, not because WW are better.

You originally lost the AFL licence to wicked witch of all companies, I’m not sure where this arrogance is coming from.

They didn’t lose the licence. TruBlu had the licence when BA made the first game, then TruBlu wanted to cut costs so when to a cheap mobile app dev in WW that could pump out a game in a short turnaround.

Only licence transfer BA have been involved in was taking it off Tru Blu.

Why because they don't answer every single question and cater to every single request? At least they're on here from time to time! You don't get that kind of thing from many other gaming companies.
You also don’t get the CEO of other gaming companies actively insulting their audience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back