Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHEN CAN I PLAY? READ BELOW:
  • PlayStation (Physical): Thursday 4 May
  • PlayStation (Digital): 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May
  • Steam: Currently 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May, may be moved to 12:01am AEST
  • Xbox (Digital or Physical): TO BE CONFIRMED, unlikely to be 4 May

Those that pre-ordered PS versions will be able to play on Thursday, disks will have already been mailed by retailers, they will also be available in-store.

Steam will also be available Thursday.

Stating the obvious, we are still having issues with XBox.

Seriously, anyone that looks hard knows there’s issues - why do you think there are so many exclusives for a particular platform that are not marked as exclusive, but are only on that platform.

If I took that road, life would have been a lot easier.

Xbox digital and retail will release at the same time - that is not a decision we get to make.

It applies now and I will no doubt pay a price.

Re: commentary team
Hamish is still there, Daisy didn't make it into the final version of the game.

We added Gary and increased the workload of Harf.

Re: game availability/release dates
I can never give 100% guarantee about anything in the future, but as it stands today, the statement I am prepared to make it that all stock that is at retailers on 4 May will be available for sale.

As to the amount that will be there for sale, and whether it is enough, that is a question I cannot answer.

It will be made digitally available on the various platform holder electronic stores.

Clarifying, the game will not release prior to 4 May 2023.

I am vague as there is one platform that has had sufficient stock at retailers and the other has not, and I cannot name them (contractual reasons).

The game will not be further delayed because of the numbers of units in stock.

Re: Steam listing
I've already put in a request for the screenshots to be replaced with current ones, they'll probably only be there for a day.

As much as the feedback has generally been positive, these are old, meant to be placeholder only and were not meant to go live.

Re: playing lists
All playing lists are accurate for the 2023 season.

Re: content creator footage
This is all prior to day one patch (as some have noted updates like numbers etc are apparent)

Re: Career mode
A head's up on Career mode.

At the AFL 23 Launch night I mentioned the non-team based Individual Career Mode in an interview with Dean (Twistie3). As alluded to at that same event, we were working with the AFL and AFLPA to include as many past legends in the game as possible.

The great news is that we have received approval for far more AFL legends than were previously envisaged, but this has meant that we had to make the tough decision to divert resources away from the Individual Career mode development. The individual Career Mode function will not make it into AFL 23, Career Mode will be entirely team based. I expect this mode to be include in future iterations of the game.

Re: microtransactions
You do not have to make purchases, things can be earned.

Re: general development
So fundamentally flawed, in so many ways, it’s bananas.

We are doing AFL as it’s a passion project, without us doing it there would not be one being made.

So much more upside with making games that are played internationally, let alone one that will not even be played in every state in this country.

Last edited:
The impact stuff looked great. Promising trailer.

Pro team I’m not that fussed about as I struggle with the nba my team stuff but willing to give it a go.

Have to say, Michael Walters doesn't look good, looks barely anything like him

Love love love the trailer. This looks like the AFL game of all AFL games and I can't wait!!

Just one nitpick, and I can understand it if it's more of a shortcut just due to the abundance of different player sizes, at the end of the club song celebrations, all the players are the same heights like we've seen in the previous games. I can't tell if it's the same in any other cutscenes yet but apart from that, the game looks freakin fantastic BigAnt :fireemoji::fireemoji:

Love love love the trailer. This looks like the AFL game of all AFL games and I can't wait!!

Just one nitpick, and I can understand it if it's more of a shortcut just due to the abundance of different player sizes, at the end of the club song celebrations, all the players are the same heights like we've seen in the previous games. I can't tell if it's the same in any other cutscenes yet but apart from that, the game looks freakin fantastic BigAnt :fireemoji::fireemoji:
Yeah I noticed that, thankfully they are different heights for all the other cutscenes

Looks like he may be considering the repercussions of what he’s a bout to do. Unrealistic. Will not buy!

6e95073575d8e8cb3dc0ec79a808f8ee.jpg

I felt something... it awakened, but now I need to know how to wield it. - Rey
Oh man, I can't wait for Jedi Survivor.
Hang on hang on hang on 7 days out from Jedi survivor you also delayed the release of the game 7 days out front eh original release date is this you actually trying to hint that Xbox stock has and the game is now coming out next Friday as well 😂😂😂

Also like how the players move naturally too. That shot of Pendles running down the wing looked a lot less robotic than the Evo games
Yep exactly what I was thinking. If this truly translates to gameplay this will indeed be the closest thing to a proper AFL simulation

Holy Crap!!! Things are looking good for AFL 23! That looked so much smoother and refined than AFL Evolution 2! This might be the AFL game I've waited for since AFL Live on the PS3 came out. Looks like it's gonna blow it out of the water at this rate.

Im really really hoping that the release of this trailer has something to do with XBOX discs clearing customs and cough cough the bringing forward of the release of the game especially considering how nice the trailer looks in terms of player movement and kicking/bouncing animations looks a lot less clunky and robotic as well as everything else looking fantastic. Now we just need some gameplay and well be all set. Very hyped

Im really really hoping that the release of this trailer has something to do with XBOX discs clearing customs and cough cough the bringing forward of the release of the game especially considering how nice the trailer looks in terms of player movement and kicking/bouncing animations looks a lot less clunky and robotic as well as everything else looking fantastic. Now we just need some gameplay and well be all set. Very hyped
Nah it's 100% the 4th or later

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wish it was gameplay but it'll shut all of us up till next week.
Looks pretty good so far
By the sounds of what both Ross and JNT have said, we'll be drip-fed content up until release with the bulk of advertising to be done when the game is actually available for purchase. I know people have had their doubts because it's lacking compared to Triple-A titles but this isn't a Triple-A title (yet). I for one think it's a smart approach to use the funding available to advertise it when people can just hop on their consoles/walk into the store and purchase it straight up. And for a game with the demographic AFL23 will have they've got to think out of the box to maximise percentages to ensure they have the funding to make even better games in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back