Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHEN CAN I PLAY? READ BELOW:
  • PlayStation (Physical): Thursday 4 May
  • PlayStation (Digital): 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May
  • Steam: Currently 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May, may be moved to 12:01am AEST
  • Xbox (Digital or Physical): TO BE CONFIRMED, unlikely to be 4 May

Those that pre-ordered PS versions will be able to play on Thursday, disks will have already been mailed by retailers, they will also be available in-store.

Steam will also be available Thursday.

Stating the obvious, we are still having issues with XBox.

Seriously, anyone that looks hard knows there’s issues - why do you think there are so many exclusives for a particular platform that are not marked as exclusive, but are only on that platform.

If I took that road, life would have been a lot easier.

Xbox digital and retail will release at the same time - that is not a decision we get to make.

It applies now and I will no doubt pay a price.

Re: commentary team
Hamish is still there, Daisy didn't make it into the final version of the game.

We added Gary and increased the workload of Harf.

Re: game availability/release dates
I can never give 100% guarantee about anything in the future, but as it stands today, the statement I am prepared to make it that all stock that is at retailers on 4 May will be available for sale.

As to the amount that will be there for sale, and whether it is enough, that is a question I cannot answer.

It will be made digitally available on the various platform holder electronic stores.

Clarifying, the game will not release prior to 4 May 2023.

I am vague as there is one platform that has had sufficient stock at retailers and the other has not, and I cannot name them (contractual reasons).

The game will not be further delayed because of the numbers of units in stock.

Re: Steam listing
I've already put in a request for the screenshots to be replaced with current ones, they'll probably only be there for a day.

As much as the feedback has generally been positive, these are old, meant to be placeholder only and were not meant to go live.

Re: playing lists
All playing lists are accurate for the 2023 season.

Re: content creator footage
This is all prior to day one patch (as some have noted updates like numbers etc are apparent)

Re: Career mode
A head's up on Career mode.

At the AFL 23 Launch night I mentioned the non-team based Individual Career Mode in an interview with Dean (Twistie3). As alluded to at that same event, we were working with the AFL and AFLPA to include as many past legends in the game as possible.

The great news is that we have received approval for far more AFL legends than were previously envisaged, but this has meant that we had to make the tough decision to divert resources away from the Individual Career mode development. The individual Career Mode function will not make it into AFL 23, Career Mode will be entirely team based. I expect this mode to be include in future iterations of the game.

Re: microtransactions
You do not have to make purchases, things can be earned.

Re: general development
So fundamentally flawed, in so many ways, it’s bananas.

We are doing AFL as it’s a passion project, without us doing it there would not be one being made.

So much more upside with making games that are played internationally, let alone one that will not even be played in every state in this country.

Last edited:
Reading some posts by people complaining about videos, images, information and guessing that its because of the game not being completed really hurts my brain especially when coming from a Software Engineering background :rolleyes:

Ross had confirmed the game was at a ready state to be released on the original release date but because of issues with delivering the XBOX copies of the game, they had delayed it. It should be making people more confident that things will be updated/added further to the version that we would have received in the first place (e.g. Pro Team). On top of that they have contracts to uphold before they release videos, images and information which if broken will lead to company difficulties such as no AFL games, or the company closing completely - but I know none of you would care about that and are just hungry for anything. I don't know how else I can explain that for people who don't understand Software Engineering at all!

As for the digital versions being deleted from the game stores. The game stores might have mistakingly kept the game information/data from the original release date and just hid the release date when the game was delayed - meaning it would be unreleased on their system but still showing in the stores. They then added a new game page with the same information/data with an updated release date (instead of updating the previous game page). It caught a duplicate page (maybe based on the game ID in the back-end of the digital game stores) - and then deleted the previous game page which is now causing everyone to complain. Removing the game page would most likely mean the game will be released on the 4th May, not delayed again! For those who want to ignore my possible explanation - go ahead, but for people want to know what might have happened - your welcome.

The fact the LAUNCH trailer has been published, to me, confirms my possible explanation I made above. The game will/is looking confirmed to be released on the 4th May! It doesn't make sense for them to call the video LAUNCH trailer if the game will be delayed again - they could have called it Pro Team trailer and showcase some gameplay and the cards. The fact it's LAUNCH trailer proves the XBOX version is/has most likely passed customs and is on the way to distribution centres. WORDS MEAN EVERYTHING WHEN IT COMES TO TRAILERS!

As for my comments on the trailer, ROSS! You and your team are amazing! The gameplay and graphics are amazing for a game made by an Australian company! You should be proud, Now... Gimmie, Gimme, Gimme :laughing:
Though, I do hope the graphics will improve for future game releases - looks a little too much like Cricket 22 and Rugby League Live 4. Not a massive complaint but it might get a little old quickly and just be being a bit picky

THANKS for the POST. It is really good to hear from a SOFTWARE developer and MARKETING expert during these EXCITING times.

AGREE that the trailer looks GREAT.

alright thats insanely good to know, really hope we can even get some slight details on the mode soon

i loved afl live but there season mode only having 1 season was the biggest disappointment about that game, thats where some of that worry comes from,
The idea of season mode across any code has always been to play through 1 season only though.

Reading some posts by people complaining about videos, images, information and guessing that its because of the game not being completed really hurts my brain especially when coming from a Software Engineering background :rolleyes:

Ross had confirmed the game was at a ready state to be released on the original release date but because of issues with delivering the XBOX copies of the game, they had delayed it. It should be making people more confident that things will be updated/added further to the version that we would have received in the first place (e.g. Pro Team). On top of that they have contracts to uphold before they release videos, images and information which if broken will lead to company difficulties such as no AFL games, or the company closing completely - but I know none of you would care about that and are just hungry for anything. I don't know how else I can explain that for people who don't understand Software Engineering at all!

As for the digital versions being deleted from the game stores. The game stores might have mistakingly kept the game information/data from the original release date and just hid the release date when the game was delayed - meaning it would be unreleased on their system but still showing in the stores. They then added a new game page with the same information/data with an updated release date (instead of updating the previous game page). It caught a duplicate page (maybe based on the game ID in the back-end of the digital game stores) - and then deleted the previous game page which is now causing everyone to complain. Removing the game page would most likely mean the game will be released on the 4th May, not delayed again! For those who want to ignore my possible explanation - go ahead, but for people want to know what might have happened - your welcome.

The fact the LAUNCH trailer has been published, to me, confirms my possible explanation I made above. The game will/is looking confirmed to be released on the 4th May! It doesn't make sense for them to call the video LAUNCH trailer if the game will be delayed again - they could have called it Pro Team trailer and showcase some gameplay and the cards. The fact it's LAUNCH trailer proves the XBOX version is/has most likely passed customs and is on the way to distribution centres. WORDS MEAN EVERYTHING WHEN IT COMES TO TRAILERS!

As for my comments on the trailer, ROSS! You and your team are amazing! The gameplay and graphics are amazing for a game made by an Australian company! You should be proud, Now... Gimmie, Gimme, Gimme :laughing:
Though, I do hope the graphics will improve for future game releases - looks a little too much like Cricket 22 and Rugby League Live 4. Not a massive complaint but it might get a little old quickly and just be being a bit picky
Hopefully they can make the lighting even better for next gen through updates

this may be abit of an unpopular opinion but is anyone worried that they are maybe putting all there effort into Ultimate Team? it seems thats all they are mentioning so far, give us details on the other game modes please.

dont get me wrong its cool that its in but i have reservations if it actually can work with just a 1 league sport,
If you want to see a game that does the team building aspect good id say madden because like afl nfl is a 1 league sport and i really like the way that madden does their chemistry

this may be abit of an unpopular opinion but is anyone worried that they are maybe putting all there effort into Ultimate Team? it seems thats all they are mentioning so far, give us details on the other game modes please.

dont get me wrong its cool that its in but i have reservations if it actually can work with just a 1 league sport,
Yes and no.
Yes cause aussie sports games has always had shitty multiplayer that lags or is buggy. I really do want a in-depth management mode and strong ai.

But no cause playing against actual players will always be better then CPU if they get it right. Hopefully we can't spam anything like rl4 or the cricket games

One thing i want to know is about the celebrations, will there be certain celebrations for a player kicking his first goal, or a goal after the siren will all the players get around him and celebrate.

Agree….I did have a chuckle at the trailer at the very end with Geelong on the podium….”they’ve won it at the very last opportunity”….I mean what other opportunities do you have to win a GF? ;)
There are so many contexts - last minute goal to win, retiring players so won’t win next year, etc. etc.

We’ve had 20 recording days - it still won’t be enough and it will repeat, that’s just how it is.

There are so many contexts - last minute goal to win, retiring players so won’t win next year, etc. etc.

We’ve had 20 recording days - it still won’t be enough and it will repeat, that’s just how it is.
With the commentary, is there certain combinations of commentators for men’s & women’s matches or will the commentators (I’m assuming 1 analyst & 1 pbp) be random each time?

Is there milestone commentary for players like game achievements or the seasons medal winners at all? Or rivalry commentary between teams?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the commentary, is there certain combinations of commentators for men’s & women’s matches or will the commentators (I’m assuming 1 analyst & 1 pbp) be random each time?
It’s not random, set teams based on AFL and AFLW.

alright thats insanely good to know, really hope we can even get some slight details on the mode soon

i loved afl live but there season mode only having 1 season was the biggest disappointment about that game, thats where some of that worry comes from,
Literally loved the gameplay and couldn't believe it was only a single season. Would've been the GOAT AFL game if it included multiple seasons like AFL 05, 06, 07

Do the recordings include the ‘Legends’ names ?
For example would Huddo go off his nut yelling ‘Nick Davis, I see it but I don’t believe it’
Or is it gonna be ‘Number 10, I see it but I don’t believe it’ ?

Do the recordings include the ‘Legends’ names ?
For example would Huddo go off his nut yelling ‘Nick Davis, I see it but I don’t believe it’
Or is it gonna be ‘Number 10, I see it but I don’t believe it’ ?
Assuming commentary names are similar to Cricket games, i would think that Davis would be the name. Phil Davis obviously still playing so the name is licensed and should already be there.

Any chance we can see the new stand at GMHBA soon, Ross?

Maybe in time for the flag unfurling tonight. ;)
I'll see what I can do, will be home in a couple of hours but only have my notebook with me, not sure the graphics card's any good, therefore capture might not be good enough resolution.

Came in a day late to spit logic. We are all now appeased by our benevolent lords Ross and JNT. We will continue to sacrifice a goat in their names on the winter solstice…. until the next game cycle

AFL23 would instantly be the best if Sunny and/or Caesar the Bulldog were greeting the Dogs team as they run out in the cutscene at Marvel. (face scan the bulldogs for perfect wrinkles). Also either quick cutscene running one walking around boundry line near the crowd pre game or at the level 2 Kennel area. Legacy match to include Scragger or Sid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back