Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHEN CAN I PLAY? READ BELOW:
  • PlayStation (Physical): Thursday 4 May
  • PlayStation (Digital): 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May
  • Steam: Currently 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May, may be moved to 12:01am AEST
  • Xbox (Digital or Physical): TO BE CONFIRMED, unlikely to be 4 May

Those that pre-ordered PS versions will be able to play on Thursday, disks will have already been mailed by retailers, they will also be available in-store.

Steam will also be available Thursday.

Stating the obvious, we are still having issues with XBox.

Seriously, anyone that looks hard knows there’s issues - why do you think there are so many exclusives for a particular platform that are not marked as exclusive, but are only on that platform.

If I took that road, life would have been a lot easier.

Xbox digital and retail will release at the same time - that is not a decision we get to make.

It applies now and I will no doubt pay a price.

Re: commentary team
Hamish is still there, Daisy didn't make it into the final version of the game.

We added Gary and increased the workload of Harf.

Re: game availability/release dates
I can never give 100% guarantee about anything in the future, but as it stands today, the statement I am prepared to make it that all stock that is at retailers on 4 May will be available for sale.

As to the amount that will be there for sale, and whether it is enough, that is a question I cannot answer.

It will be made digitally available on the various platform holder electronic stores.

Clarifying, the game will not release prior to 4 May 2023.

I am vague as there is one platform that has had sufficient stock at retailers and the other has not, and I cannot name them (contractual reasons).

The game will not be further delayed because of the numbers of units in stock.

Re: Steam listing
I've already put in a request for the screenshots to be replaced with current ones, they'll probably only be there for a day.

As much as the feedback has generally been positive, these are old, meant to be placeholder only and were not meant to go live.

Re: playing lists
All playing lists are accurate for the 2023 season.

Re: content creator footage
This is all prior to day one patch (as some have noted updates like numbers etc are apparent)

Re: Career mode
A head's up on Career mode.

At the AFL 23 Launch night I mentioned the non-team based Individual Career Mode in an interview with Dean (Twistie3). As alluded to at that same event, we were working with the AFL and AFLPA to include as many past legends in the game as possible.

The great news is that we have received approval for far more AFL legends than were previously envisaged, but this has meant that we had to make the tough decision to divert resources away from the Individual Career mode development. The individual Career Mode function will not make it into AFL 23, Career Mode will be entirely team based. I expect this mode to be include in future iterations of the game.

Re: microtransactions
You do not have to make purchases, things can be earned.

Re: general development
So fundamentally flawed, in so many ways, it’s bananas.

We are doing AFL as it’s a passion project, without us doing it there would not be one being made.

So much more upside with making games that are played internationally, let alone one that will not even be played in every state in this country.

Last edited:
If this is not gameplay, what exactly is gameplay? You are still viewing, running and controlling the game - therefore it's still gameplay.
we don't play the game through the camera angles in the trailer. while yes they may have gotten these cinematics from people playing the game it, to me, isn't gameplay. I want to see someone just playing a match, perhaps even with commentary from the person playing and make sure it's not just some bloke filming a monitor.

It has to be said, I don't think gamers are entitled "whingers" for these expectations and angst regarding an upcoming game. The past 10+ years consumer trust in gaming has been taken advantage of and chipped away little by little and for some people there just isn't any left, no matter how good a company believes it's presenting it's product.

Not saying BA has done anything wrong in this case, although definitely think the parties involved in the distribution of games these days should be aware.

Can't wait for whenever gameplay releases so I can inform my purchase.

Why are people so offended about the AFL logo not being on the numbers? 🤣 I don't get it.
It shows attention to detail. Realistically how hard is it to do it? Attach it to the jpeg image or whatever format the guernsey numbers are in. BA are the ones claiming to be trying to make an authentic to life experience/product of the AFL, so why is asking for something so simple to add being scoffed at?

As it has been said it's not by any means a big issue, just that in conjunction with things like Ross not knowing/caring whether something as basic as preseason was in the final game - reveals how much of that attention to detail will have been spent in other, potentially critical areas of the game.

But who cares what I have to say anyway, not like I'm a potential purchaser or anything.

I know I have done a bit of harassment towards Bigant in the past but everyone seriously needs to cool down. Firstly, proper HD Gameplay WILL be released before the official release date. Second, the game will or will not be released on May 4th and if it doesn't it is out of Big Ants control so we need to stop harassing them. Just like everyone else I’d love to see gameplay now and i’d love the game to come out early but constantly peppering Ross with stuff isnt going to make that happen we all need to relax and wait for things to play out

Ross already confirmed the latest trailer was from actual gameplay but from a dev build of the game that allows the developers to utilise sliders to make changes to things such as the camera location etc. What you saw in the trailer IS gameplay
No it's not. 😂

I love how the coming soon and all that makes some people think that its gonna come out early and some think late
I don’t think it means anything in particular. Could mean this week, could mean the 4th is locked in and it could also mean another month away.
I’m not reading too much into the ‘coming soon’ label. More so the fact we’re almost a week away from the launch date and there’s no indication either way as to what’s gonna happen
I’m basing my thoughts on the experience we’ve had thus far and that doesn’t fill me with confidence that we’ll get it on or before the 4th

Wish they toned down the ovr’s for pro team. Happy for these to be in every other mode like quick match and career but just feel like they should gradually release cards that get up to these overalls a bit later on in the year.
Cripps must be super powered in his attributes for some stuff because his goal kicking would have to be set extremely low.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cripps must be super powered in his attributes for some stuff because his goal kicking would have to be set extremely low.
I'm gonna guess all Carlton players are rated higher than they should be. It's how Carlton fans operate.

Last edited:
we don't play the game through the camera angles in the trailer. while yes they may have gotten these cinematics from people playing the game it, to me, isn't gameplay. I want to see someone just playing a match, perhaps even with commentary from the person playing and make sure it's not just some bloke filming a monitor.
Well I know about game and software development, and I’m happy with the gameplay that was in the trailer. UI and camera view doesn’t mean or change anything to me. Why? Because I know software and game development and know that what they provided is still known as gameplay. Go ahead and think I’m a clown, I’m allowed to view it the way I want to

I love how the coming soon and all that makes some people think that its gonna come out early and some think late

Kinda adds to the general consensus in here which is anything other than clear as day statements made directly can and WILL be considered indirect 🤣🤣😨. Look how much everything gets misinterpreted through a convoluted river of nonsense just because they see ‘coming soon’ not ‘coming May 4th’ Ross has already said numerous times when he knows (and when he can) he’ll tell us updates. Not hard to understand I’d have thought.

I know I have done a bit of harassment towards Bigant in the past but everyone seriously needs to cool down. Firstly, proper HD Gameplay WILL be released before the official release date. Second, the game will or will not be released on May 4th and if it doesn't it is out of Big Ants control so we need to stop harassing them. Just like everyone else I’d love to see gameplay now and i’d love the game to come out early but constantly peppering Ross with stuff isnt going to make that happen we all need to relax and wait for things to play out
Scrutiny =/= harassment. Holding game development companies to a standard is the only way they ever get better. If you accept mediocrity then you get it which is why we got Wicked Witch games for so long. Notice how I've never even mentioned Ross in my statements because I'm not addressing just him, but rather the studio as an entity. I know you mean well by your comment though, I'm not having a go at you. At the end of the day I've purchased a product and I would like to see what I am actually buying is in essence what I'm getting at

I don’t think it means anything in particular. Could mean this week, could mean the 4th is locked in and it could also mean another month away.
I’m not reading too much into the ‘coming soon’ label. More so the fact we’re almost a week away from the launch date and there’s no indication either way as to what’s gonna happen
I’m basing my thoughts on the experience we’ve had thus far and that doesn’t fill me with confidence that we’ll get it on or before the 4th
The fact they released the launch trailer two weeks out from the 4th May, is something they didn’t do two weeks out from the original release. They have always said they were going to do the crux of the reveals close to release, so for it to be delayed again would not make any sense since they’ve released this new trailer.

Most people here thinking that coming soon means we’re getting it early
Am I the only one that’s worried we may not even get it on May 4? 😅
Considering some stores are now saying they have XBOX copies of the game in stock, it's not outside the realm of possibility it will be out earlier than May 4.

Well I know about game and software development, and I’m happy with the gameplay that was in the trailer. UI and camera view doesn’t mean or change anything to me. Why? Because I know software and game development and know that what they provided is still known as gameplay. Go ahead and think I’m a clown, I’m allowed to view it the way I want to
The arrogance here. 😂

The fact they released the launch trailer two weeks out from the 4th May, is something they didn’t do two weeks out from the original release. They have always said they were going to do the crux of the reveals close to release, so for it to be delayed again would not make any sense.
In case you haven’t noticed, not much that they’ve done has made any sense 🤣
I get what you’re saying but I’m not reading into it as more than just a way of them saying they don’t know the actual release date yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back