Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHEN CAN I PLAY? READ BELOW:
  • PlayStation (Physical): Thursday 4 May
  • PlayStation (Digital): 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May
  • Steam: Currently 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May, may be moved to 12:01am AEST
  • Xbox (Digital or Physical): TO BE CONFIRMED, unlikely to be 4 May

Those that pre-ordered PS versions will be able to play on Thursday, disks will have already been mailed by retailers, they will also be available in-store.

Steam will also be available Thursday.

Stating the obvious, we are still having issues with XBox.

Seriously, anyone that looks hard knows there’s issues - why do you think there are so many exclusives for a particular platform that are not marked as exclusive, but are only on that platform.

If I took that road, life would have been a lot easier.

Xbox digital and retail will release at the same time - that is not a decision we get to make.

It applies now and I will no doubt pay a price.

Re: commentary team
Hamish is still there, Daisy didn't make it into the final version of the game.

We added Gary and increased the workload of Harf.

Re: game availability/release dates
I can never give 100% guarantee about anything in the future, but as it stands today, the statement I am prepared to make it that all stock that is at retailers on 4 May will be available for sale.

As to the amount that will be there for sale, and whether it is enough, that is a question I cannot answer.

It will be made digitally available on the various platform holder electronic stores.

Clarifying, the game will not release prior to 4 May 2023.

I am vague as there is one platform that has had sufficient stock at retailers and the other has not, and I cannot name them (contractual reasons).

The game will not be further delayed because of the numbers of units in stock.

Re: Steam listing
I've already put in a request for the screenshots to be replaced with current ones, they'll probably only be there for a day.

As much as the feedback has generally been positive, these are old, meant to be placeholder only and were not meant to go live.

Re: playing lists
All playing lists are accurate for the 2023 season.

Re: content creator footage
This is all prior to day one patch (as some have noted updates like numbers etc are apparent)

Re: Career mode
A head's up on Career mode.

At the AFL 23 Launch night I mentioned the non-team based Individual Career Mode in an interview with Dean (Twistie3). As alluded to at that same event, we were working with the AFL and AFLPA to include as many past legends in the game as possible.

The great news is that we have received approval for far more AFL legends than were previously envisaged, but this has meant that we had to make the tough decision to divert resources away from the Individual Career mode development. The individual Career Mode function will not make it into AFL 23, Career Mode will be entirely team based. I expect this mode to be include in future iterations of the game.

Re: microtransactions
You do not have to make purchases, things can be earned.

Re: general development
So fundamentally flawed, in so many ways, it’s bananas.

We are doing AFL as it’s a passion project, without us doing it there would not be one being made.

So much more upside with making games that are played internationally, let alone one that will not even be played in every state in this country.

Last edited:

Now would be a good time to get banned from this thread then😂
What do we think gang, should I tell him that thread bans carry over or let him hang himself? ;)

At some stage tonight we will pull the levers to ditch this cesspit in favour of a shiny new launch thread for you to all immediately s**t on the floor of.

Start saying your goodbyes and grieving the loss of a true masterpiece.
It truly has been an honour shitposting and sh!t-posting with you gentlemen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My favourite post was the guy who suggested a my career mode as a goal umpire.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
MODE: RAZOR RAY

Objective: Help the Home team win

Sub-Objective: Give 2 50m penalties in a row leading to a goal

can't wait for tomorrow when i never have to open this thread ever again!
Why open it up in the first place if the discussion, banter and observations were too much? Any development info could have been browsed via Big Ant's postings feed, to avoid the fan stuff. And I'm sure the game will need feedback post release. I doubt it won't be free from issues, so this thread will remain important, since the developer are openly wanting feedback and suggestions.

I was thinking of going down in a hail of bullets too.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Me setting posting privileges for the next thread pre-emptively:
shooting the simpsons GIF

My one question for everyone:

What will your first game be like? Which teams? What ground? etc.

Personally I'm gonna go with GWS and Sydney at Giants Stadium
Port (in Prison Bars) vs Adelaide (in clash kit) at Coburg City Oval (I volunteer with Coburg so I wanna see the ground in game). Easiest difficulty so I can smack the shit out of them learn the controls but if I can’t figure out the controls and I end up losing that’ll be extra embarrassing.

Before this thread gets closed for good I'd just like to say thank you..........TO ABSOLUTELY FOOKIN NONE OF YA

I hate you all and I hope you all get wet socks and then proceed to step on lego bare foot.
Will strengthen my calves up. Perhaps you could send this workout plan to Touk Miller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back