Game Day AFL Academy vs Carlton VFL, 4.10 PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Quarter time.
Academy lead by 4.2.26 v 2.0.12
Academy played really well except for conceding that goal in overtime there.
Best for Academy I thought were Sanders, Simpson, Delean, Caddy, Rogers and Duursma.

Saw Harley Reid with only two touches (once the stream was up). One was a customary don't argue, but fair to say the Academy players aren't relying upon him.

Those who can't see the video, maybe check your (browser extension that manages the advertising content you see, censored by bigfooty) or any other blocking software? Video should be under the text saying >> WATCH THE AFL ACADEMY v CARLTON VFL LIVE HERE FROM 4pm AEST ON SATURDAY

Those who can't see the video, maybe check your (browser extension that manages the advertising content you see, censored by bigfooty) or any other blocking software? Video should be under the text saying >> WATCH THE AFL ACADEMY v CARLTON VFL LIVE HERE FROM 4pm AEST ON SATURDAY
No I even tried a diff browser. Oh well i was only going to watch it a little bit anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still maintain the Academy should've either trimmed the squad to 24, or rested a couple of players each game completely to allow all players to get decent rotation throughout

Half time
Academy 6.4.40 v Blues 6.1.37
The Blues probably slightly ahead in general play in that quarter with more pinpoint plays going forward (and less turnovers).
The best for the academy are Rogers and Sanders with Duursma, Caddy, Simpson and Archer Reid also having impact at times.
Harley Reid had a couple of touches early in the quarter but remains quiet to half time.

We would need to tank like no one has ever tanked before in order to get Reid.

Have not heard Cleary's or Cabor's names much which is mildly disappointing.
Cabor you'll get as a free Cat B hit I imagine, Cleary is a pretty dime a dozen type of midfielder, high possession and tackle counts but little impact, neither are suited to be stand outs in a team with this much quality

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFL Academy vs Carlton VFL, 4.10 PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back