Status
Not open for further replies.

ajlaw9

Debutant
Apr 23, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Essendon
Task is simple: Pick your best 22 for a footy game from the animal kingdom. (If this doesn't belong on this board please move!)

For my explanations I'm assuming they will match up against another team of similar animals.

FF: Polar Bear. Big, strong, aggressive. Not many animals will get in his way when he's on the lead. Spearhead of the team.
FP: Gorilla and Cheetah. Gorilla is the second option down forward. Not overly quick but very strong and has a great pair of hands. Should clunk down plenty of pack marks. The cheetah is lightning quick and agile and can do the crumbing off the gorilla and polar bear. Might be able to do stints in the midfield but endurance is a major issue.
CHF: Lion. The King of the jungle is also the captain of the team. He is strong, fast, courageous and has a healthy dose of arrogance about him.
HFF: Jaguar and Bull. Like the lion, the jaguar is strong and fast. It's also quite a sneaky animal and should be able to find plenty of space on the flanks to work with. The bull is a bull. Will smash anyone and everyone to get the pill. Also has a great defensive mindset

RUCK: Giraffe. A bit useless around the ground but will get the ball down to his mids every time. One of the first picked every week.
RR: Buffalo. Similar to the bull but on a bigger scale. Definition of an inside mid. Will bust packs open all over the field to the advantage of his team.
ROVER: Tiger. Big, but agile. The tiger is a classy mid and picks himself basically.
C: Wolf. Ultimate team player sees him also named as the vice captain. Runs all day, very intelligent player and always does what the team requires. A player coaches dream about.
W: Horse and Gazelle. The horse is strong, fast and has great endurance. Not the smartest player but can still offer a lot on the wing. The gazelle will use his pace to tear up the opposition.

CHB: Leopard. Has the difficult job of trying to hold down the lion. Is very cunning and should use this to limit the damage of the king of the jungle.
HBF: Rhino and Sheepdog. The rhino will love a charge off half back and will look to drive the ball into the forward line. He should keep his opponent honest. What he lacks in subtlety he makes up for in raw power. The sheepdog will have a majorly difficult job on either the jaguar or the bull but will make up for it with his superior ability to read the play. His abilities to zone off and run all day make him an important member of the team.
FB: Grizzly Bear. Tough job on the polar bear but there aren't really any others who are close to matching up.
BP: Lynx and Puma. Either of these will run rings around the gorilla providing they don't get into a wrestling match. The other will have a huge job trying to contain the cheetah.

Interchange: Kangaroo, Elephant, Chimpanzee, Eagle. The kangaroo is the backup ruckman which can also rest in the forward line. Takes a nice speccie. The elephant lacks the fitness to be in the midfield but can change with either the rhino on the HBF or the gorilla in the FP. The chimpanzee is quite small but is deceptively strong and has excellent hands. The eagle will struggle big time in pack situations but if the ball is clear his ability to swoop down and collect it will be invaluable.

Emergencies: (If wet weather) Dolphin, Seal and Giant Squid. Dolphin is fast and agile. The seal has great touch with the footy and can be aggressive when it wants. The giant squid is your classic mudlark. Will rack up an astronomical tackle count with it's numerous long tentacles.

B LYNX GRIZZLY BEAR PUMA
HB RHINO LEOPARD SHEEPDOG
C HORSE GAZELLE WOLF
HF JAGUAR LION BULL
F GORILLA POLAR BEAR CHEETAH
R GIRAFFE BUFFALO TIGER
I KANGAROO ELEPHANT CHIMPANZEE EAGLE

Let's see your teams!

B: Will Smith, Anthony Hopkins, 1kg of lettuce, Flux Capicitator
HB: Salt Shaker, Berilium, Darryl Summers
C: USB Keyboard, Amy Winehouse, Fibula
HF: Hair folicle, Antelope, LA Galaxy
F: Hamlet, Wangaratta, Honey Badger, Gray Nicolls
R: Ford Laser, Blade Runner, David Duchovny
I: Ash Tray, Port of Spain, iPad 4, Photosynthesis

This is just ****ing stupid

Will smith in the back pocket? C'mon

Your desire to squeeze 1kg of lettuce into your backline means you've gone one player over.

You must be so embarrassed.

By the time the umps do a head count, will smith can quickly scarf down his team mate to avert disaster

Will Smith: "Now that's what I call a close encounter."

By the time the umps do a head count, will smith can quickly scarf down his team mate to avert disaster

Will Smith: "Now that's what I call a close encounter."
With Anthony Hopkins at Full back im sure he's got it
hannibal.jpg

Flag favourites IMHO

genuine lol at photosynthesis

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amy Winehouse may be dead but she'd still be a better midfielder than Adam Selwood.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back