AFL Canberra 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes I think they can, they were close last time they met . Not sure if they can beat them in coota though

Expect someone will get the better of Coota this year, but it will only happen once. Which game/team I've no idea

Interesting that some of the comments here in support of looking after the '3 team clubs' are coming from clubs (or those attached) that may not have survived to grow had they been given the treatment that the one team clubs currently have. It's a great achievement from a lot of hard work to increase teams by a club but there isn't much hope of significant growth like that when the league gives you the shaft.

Torn between 'community football' and team numbers. Prefer to give more people the opportunity to get on the park and play over the 'game day experience'. Obv in the minority though!

Last edited:
Expect someone will get the better of Coota this year, but it will only happen once. Which game/team I've no idea
How strong do we expect Belco to be come finals ? They seem to be the team to do it . Interestingly , since they not likely to finish top 2 they probably will play coota in the final without having a crack at them earlier in the finals

How strong do we expect Belco to be come finals ? They seem to be the team to do it . Interestingly , since they not likely to finish top 2 they probably will play coota in the final without having a crack at them earlier in the finals

Expect Belconnen to be strong for the remainder of the season, the inclusion of twos players to get them into the mix for finals has been huge . That said I also expect murrumbateman will beat them today

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Belconnen won by 19 points Cooma won by 13 points coota won by 42 points

Murrumbateman would have to be happy with there first season looks like Ingold has done a good job with the new venture . Do Belconnen have a chance to finish second .If so they will get a look at Cootamundra prior to the grand final like someone suggested on here.

Murrumbateman would have to be happy with there first season looks like Ingold has done a good job with the new venture . Do Belconnen have a chance to finish second .If so they will get a look at Cootamundra prior to the grand final like someone suggested on here.
Alot would have to go right for them and the Cats would have to lose majority of their remaining games.

Alot would have to go right for them and the Cats would have to lose majority of their remaining games.

Agree with this , I’d say that Belconnen will finish third witch means the elimination final would be played at Belconnen I believe , while the preliminary will be at coota, That’s if the league are going with the team that finishes hire on ladder gets the home final .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They play coota in coota on Saturday , so unless something goes really wrong for Cooma they won’t meet again until potentially a grand final

Average comment by the trumpsta , but I’d say the main reason people want them to fail is because no1 can beat them yet !.... I’m loving that there’s some bad blood between these two teams on the eve on finals

If Belconnen need to forfeit that is unfortunate but due to this grade structure I doubt this will be the last time. Its cold and you have to travel I don't blame players for not wanting to play. Hopefully AFL Canberra will see the impact of the league and make some changes.

If Belconnen need to forfeit that is unfortunate but due to this grade structure I doubt this will be the last time. Its cold and you have to travel I don't blame players for not wanting to play. Hopefully AFL Canberra will see the impact of the league and make some changes.

Well when the penalty is just 90 points against hardly seems to be a problem for some teams.

Must have been scare that webby was going to take them out in his first game back from suspension lol

Well they don’t lose points so they’d probably take the loss of 90 for and against and be happier with that. Another stupid rule by the league! Maybe that’s the way to beat Coota. Everyone forfeits to them and hope they aren’t match fit or lose interest 😜

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Canberra 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Back