youdogs

Debutant
Dec 11, 2007
Weston
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Wildcats 91-07
A thread for the Canberra District Comp is long over due.

I hear Craig Spencer has quit as coach of Gungahlin. Can anyone tell me if this is true? If he has, why and who has taken over?

Re: Afl Canberra Div 3,div 4 (canb Dist)

is true... also hear that gungahlin has gained a couple of new blokes in former qbn and ainslie 1st graders jack foster and mitch heaslip. Also nick louis has returned from overseas so theyre looking much stronger again... Think they also got a new ruckmen, but cant remember...

Is Spanner still playing on as just a player or has he quit the club? Who is taking over the reigns as coach then?

Is Spanner still playing on as just a player or has he quit the club? Who is taking over the reigns as coach then?

Spanner is looking at playing for ANU. He has put a request for transfer in with Gungahlin.

So any predictions on the final series this year?

Spanner is looking at playing for ANU. He has put a request for transfer in with Gungahlin.

So any predictions on the final series this year?
Heard on the grapevine that Gunghalin has appointed Burgess to take over from Spencer can anyone confirm this.As for predictions Belco after a solid year in the Div 2 comp last year look almost morals but funnier things have happened.As for top four seems to be sorting itself out Adfa Anu Harm Murrumbidgee looking to get last three spots haven't seen much of the comp but looking at results these teams are sticking out.Whats going on at Woden and Eastlake they both have beaten top 4 sides then lose games you expect them to win.Woden haven't carried on from last year even with some very influentual players.If they got their stuff together could sneak in but would need a big turnaround.But for me Belco Adfa Anu and the smokey Murrumbidgee,Harman to slip out for mine.

Would have to agree. Top four for me are Belconnen, ANU, Murrumbidgee & ADFA. Both Woden and Eastlake seem to have different teams each week which maybe a result of their up and down season.

Gungahlin will come home pretty strong but they still have to play Belconnen, Murrumbidgee and other top teams before the end of season to see where they will finish. They could push into the top four and squeeze ANU out due to ANU having injury issues. It has been a very close competition this season and I can only hope it stays this way until August.

Murrumbidgee are yet to have a steady team week in week out due to players going away to watch football in Melbourne or work commitments for some senior players. If they have their full team out on the paddock they may give Belco a run in the finals.

Would have to agree. Top four for me are Belconnen, ANU, Murrumbidgee & ADFA. Both Woden and Eastlake seem to have different teams each week which maybe a result of their up and down season.

Gungahlin will come home pretty strong but they still have to play Belconnen, Murrumbidgee and other top teams before the end of season to see where they will finish. They could push into the top four and squeeze ANU out due to ANU having injury issues. It has been a very close competition this season and I can only hope it stays this way until August.

Murrumbidgee are yet to have a steady team week in week out due to players going away to watch football in Melbourne or work commitments for some senior players. If they have their full team out on the paddock they may give Belco a run in the finals.
will juggers get a steady team on the paddock and what are the reasons behind the turnaround this year.You guys seem to have the ability to run with the so called big teams in the comp,I see the Mcphersons are back any other major inclusions.Your twos seem to be going ok as well,who is coaching them after Nelson did you guys in again,hope there is some learning going on there.

will juggers get a steady team on the paddock and what are the reasons behind the turnaround this year.You guys seem to have the ability to run with the so called big teams in the comp,I see the Mcphersons are back any other major inclusions.Your twos seem to be going ok as well,who is coaching them after Nelson did you guys in again,hope there is some learning going on there.

The Mcpherson's are back and we have also picked up Peter Lawson and a couple other good juniors. The biggest change is the fitness of our players due to Warren Taylor's preseason and current training techniques.

If we have all players on the paddock we will do extremely well. This is a big if.

The Div 4 is being coached currently by Zane Nossiter who played for the Wildcats last year but he is leaving us at the end of June. We are currently sourcing a new coach for Div4.

If you look at sportingpulse the Jets rolled ANU at ANU on Sunday and did it it with 3 or 4 missing from their lineup they had against Eastlake the round before. It's never easy to win at South oval and I don't think the Jets have beat ANU there in the last few years. I heard ANU were missing a few too. If you look at the last two matches since Spanner left, the Jets had a come from behind win over Eastlake (who knocked off Murrumbidgee on the weekend), and have turned around a 10+ goal belting from ANU in about round 5. Jets have Belco this weekend which should indicate where they are at. ADFA have Woden and could just about end their finals chances with a win. Eastlake and Harman should be a cracker given the Demons recent form and Murrumbidgee v ANU will be another big game given ANU, Harman, Gungahlin and Murrumbidgee are all on the same points and fighting for two available spots in the top four.

My prediction for the top four is Belco, ADFA, ANU and Gungahlin to sneak into fourth. This weekend will no doubt provide more clues....

If you look at sportingpulse the Jets rolled ANU at ANU on Sunday and did it it with 3 or 4 missing from their lineup they had against Eastlake the round before. It's never easy to win at South oval and I don't think the Jets have beat ANU there in the last few years. I heard ANU were missing a few too. If you look at the last two matches since Spanner left, the Jets had a come from behind win over Eastlake (who knocked off Murrumbidgee on the weekend), and have turned around a 10+ goal belting from ANU in about round 5. Jets have Belco this weekend which should indicate where they are at. ADFA have Woden and could just about end their finals chances with a win. Eastlake and Harman should be a cracker given the Demons recent form and Murrumbidgee v ANU will be another big game given ANU, Harman, Gungahlin and Murrumbidgee are all on the same points and fighting for two available spots in the top four.

My prediction for the top four is Belco, ADFA, ANU and Gungahlin to sneak into fourth. This weekend will no doubt provide more clues....
How long has Spencer been gone and did he jump or get pushed had heard rumblings all year since he took over.

The Mcpherson's are back and we have also picked up Peter Lawson and a couple other good juniors. The biggest change is the fitness of our players due to Warren Taylor's preseason and current training techniques.

If we have all players on the paddock we will do extremely well. This is a big if.

The Div 4 is being coached currently by Zane Nossiter who played for the Wildcats last year but he is leaving us at the end of June. We are currently sourcing a new coach for Div4.
Any one of interest put their hand up yet.

How long has Spencer been gone and did he jump or get pushed had heard rumblings all year since he took over.

Don't know the details but the Jets website says he left for personal reasons....it also says he resigned as coach after their win over Tuggeranong which was just over three weeks ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No one has come forward as a potential coach for the Juggers Div4 coach as yet.

Does anyone have any favourites for the leagues best and fairest this year?

It would be hard to see someone from Belconnen win it due to them all playing so well and taking points from each other.

James Abbey from ANU has had a great year or Lawson Walsh from Murrumbidgee.

Does anyone have any favourites for the leagues best and fairest this year?

It would be hard to see someone from Belconnen win it due to them all playing so well and taking points from each other.

James Abbey from ANU has had a great year or Lawson Walsh from Murrumbidgee.
You fished for it so here it is Hill from Juggers might go close sure to have caught the umps eyes with bags of 9 out of 12or 13 and other bags of 7 and 8

Forwards don't win best and fairests mate. Only midfield players or half back players get noticed and so they should since they do most of the work.

Us forwards just finish off good work done by the rest of the team.

Forwards don't win best and fairests mate. Only midfield players or half back players get noticed and so they should since they do most of the work.

Us forwards just finish off good work done by the rest of the team.
In this league anything can happen and if you keep kicking them they will keep noticing you champ.Maybe you should blond your hair to stick out a little more,thats what the onballers do don't they.I was a forward and I believe we don't get recognised enough.Always the onballers and usually the ones who play as outriders like Akker

In this league anything can happen and if you keep kicking them they will keep noticing you champ.Maybe you should blond your hair to stick out a little more,thats what the onballers do don't they.I was a forward and I believe we don't get recognised enough.Always the onballers and usually the ones who play as outriders like Akker
Isn't Walsh a backman with blonded hair

Us old fellas are just happy to get through each game without injury. Sunday's are a different story.

Lawso is half back with Brown/Blonde hair.

The ginga from gunga land won it the last two years so you could be on to something there DED....:)

from what i have seen this year i would say number 1 from Belco is a good chance he has torn teams apart. no idea what his name is?

Good pickup ports. Stevo had a great weekend for the rep team and has been playing well each week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back