AFL Canberra Div 3, div 4 (Canb Dist)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Afl Canberra Div 3,div 4 (canb Dist)

Eppa

The cleaners at the Irish Club don't miss your trips to Yass!

As DED mentioned earlier, the tagging together of clubs in Div 3/4 makes sense. Murrumbidgee have done a great job going from one to two sides and being competitive, a feat extremely difficult without great corporate support.

I don't see any of the other independant 1 team clubs such as Woden, Cooma, Yass, Coota or Goulburn able to do it in the near future. However Woden and Cooma have their affiliation allowing player sharing, so they can be considered a two team club for the basis of draws in 2009.

A steering committee for CD's is sensible - but Boof already drives the agenda for District Footy in Canberra....
well said ferret disappointed that you make no mention of jumper stretching come the new miracle draw.Is number 16 still worn by larger players at your club.

The old jumpers are up for auction in the near future - I'll see if we can find 16 for you ;)

The old jumpers are up for auction in the near future - I'll see if we can find 16 for you ;)
Will have to keep an eye out thanks.Big game for your mob this weekend,any chance told you have loads of injuries,this is one of the top sides you have beaten this year if my memory serves me right.

What an interesting round of footy this week! Here are my tips:
Woden to upset ADFA
Belco over the Jets
Harman to put away Eastlake
Ainslie to notch up their first with an arm wrestle against Tuggers
and in the match of the round, ANU and Bidgee... a draw!!!

What an interesting round of footy this week! Here are my tips:
Woden to upset ADFA
Belco over the Jets
Harman to put away Eastlake
Ainslie to notch up their first with an arm wrestle against Tuggers
and in the match of the round, ANU and Bidgee... a draw!!!
Woden need to produce this week or risk watching in sept Jets may just spring a surprise, things out there seem to be a lot happier and I believe they have a couple new recruits or players returning to help Burge anyone shed any light on this.Bidgee will beat ANU with big hill kicking 10 ainslie v tuggers in the shockbuster now that could be a draw.Eastlake have been the team to surprise when not expected looking to them to do it again eastlake by 10 points.

Woden need to produce this week or risk watching in sept Jets may just spring a surprise, things out there seem to be a lot happier and I believe they have a couple new recruits or players returning to help Burge anyone shed any light on this.Bidgee will beat ANU with big hill kicking 10 ainslie v tuggers in the shockbuster now that could be a draw.Eastlake have been the team to surprise when not expected looking to them to do it again eastlake by 10 points.

My tips for the week,
ADFA to beat Woden in a close one
Belconnen to beat Gungahlin by 2-3 goals
Harman to beat Eastlake
Tuggeranong to beat Ainslie by 4 points
Bidgee to beat ANU by 5 goals

Game of the round will be Belconnen and Gungahlin.

Woden smashed by injury and absence this weekend - the story of the year.

Woden by a point
Belconnen by 5 goals - lifting when pushed
Eastlake to upset Harman by 2 goals
Tuggeranong to defeat Ainslie by 7 goals
Murrumbidgee to roll ANU with BigHill kicking 10

My tips for the week,
ADFA to beat Woden in a close one
Belconnen to beat Gungahlin by 2-3 goals
Harman to beat Eastlake
Tuggeranong to beat Ainslie by 4 points
Bidgee to beat ANU by 5 goals

Game of the round will be Belconnen and Gungahlin.

My tips for this weekend are:

Woden to upset ADFA - 9pts
Belconnen to beat Gungahlin by 4 goals
Harman to beat Eastlake - 2 goals
Tuggers to beat Ainslie by 1pt (5-11 to 5-10)
Bidgee to beat ANU by 6 goals (S. Mcpherson & P.Walsh back in)

Game of the round:
Tuggers vs Ainslie - The best team to kick it along the ground will win.

Boy guys, no pressure. Hope I get a kick now.

Woden smashed by injury and absence this weekend - the story of the year.

Woden by a point
Belconnen by 5 goals - lifting when pushed
Eastlake to upset Harman by 2 goals
Tuggeranong to defeat Ainslie by 7 goals
Murrumbidgee to roll ANU with BigHill kicking 10
Ferrett you say injuries and absenteeism is there a lack of committment at woden this year.How many injuries as to people away,do you think woden are a realistic chance of playing finals footy.are your injuries long term or will players be back in the near future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With no Michael Stevens in the forward line Woden will struggle to make the finals.

What is the story there guys??? 6 week suspension, apparently fractured the guys skull....

Is he a d!ckhead or has the story been blown out of proportion???

Expect a couple of inclusions from last weeks side for the Jets this weekend. Truesdale and henderson (maybe). 2 good GF players from last year.

Expect a couple of inclusions from last weeks side for the Jets this weekend. Truesdale and henderson (maybe). 2 good GF players from last year.
Ports where are they all coming from,was there that much discontent with Spanner that all these players didn't play or is it just coincidence that they all come back after he has gone,

What is the story there guys??? 6 week suspension, apparently fractured the guys skull....

Is he a d!ckhead or has the story been blown out of proportion???
Codola I know the guy and he is not a ________ I found it unusual behaviour for him so I asked some ex teammates they say he has in the past got niggly when not playing well or having bad day but nothing like this.Maybe just a brain snap.

Codola I know the guy and he is not a ________ I found it unusual behaviour for him so I asked some ex teammates they say he has in the past got niggly when not playing well or having bad day but nothing like this.Maybe just a brain snap.

Barry Hall style????

Guys,
No long term issues for TM regarding V8 driving or playing football again. Hopefully see him again next year. Not sure if he is racing again next year due to funding anyway but he can drive again.

I know Stevens quite well also and i believe it was just a heated moment where he snapped his arm around and connected TM in the skull with his elbow. His skull was push in with a few fragments that they fixed under a serious operation. He looks good now and is back out around the club supporting the team. He will not be back this season.

Guys,
No long term issues for TM regarding V8 driving or playing football again. Hopefully see him again next year. Not sure if he is racing again next year due to funding anyway but he can drive again.

I know Stevens quite well also and i believe it was just a heated moment where he snapped his arm around and connected TM in the skull with his elbow. His skull was push in with a few fragments that they fixed under a serious operation. He looks good now and is back out around the club supporting the team. He will not be back this season.
Good news no one likes to hear of plyers having serious injuries that curtail their career in any way footy or work.T M is a good bloke to.Great to hear he is back around the club Big Hill.

Ports where are they all coming from,was there that much discontent with Spanner that all these players didn't play or is it just coincidence that they all come back after he has gone,

There was a bit, but as a bloke most people got on really well with Spanner. I think it may be a bit of both, but I cant speak for everyone.
The positive thing for us is that we are starting to gel again and have some direction again, its the best i have seen it this year. Dont write us off just yet!

There was a bit, but as a bloke most people got on really well with Spanner. I think it may be a bit of both, but I cant speak for everyone.
The positive thing for us is that we are starting to gel again and have some direction again, its the best i have seen it this year. Dont write us off just yet!
Figured as much,no direction or structure were the words I had heard,just goes to show that just because you have playing credentials doesn't mean you will be a good coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back