AFL Canberra Div 3, div 4 (Canb Dist)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giving that we know how long the season is and everything is set down early as far as finals go i still cant beleive that we even needed ainslie oval.
Surely it cant be that hard to organize the home of footy in act for the districts finals anywon who has played there no,s how special it is.
Anybody know if ainslie got payed for the use of the oval?.
And while im on the soap box whats the go with no program this year the first ever grand final for yass and no record of it ,as far as the afl go,s anyway.David wark gave a big thankyou for the support printers gave the afl in regards to the publishing of the footy records during the year for the div1 and 2 games so it,s not like they couldnt get a grand final one done for the div3 and 4 as well as the woman.

They had the printers ready to go with the GF program. There is one every year. However if sides don't provide the league with their nominated team lists by the deadline then the programs can't get printed.

As for the gates at Ainslie - they were locked because they don't want people parking in the Social Club carpark believe it or not. I reckon if you pitch up for an ACTAFL game there next year you'll find the same situation.

I'd much prefer to play at Ainslie anyway. At least there is some atmosphere. 1200 people looked pretty good there the other week compared to the dots they would have been at Manuka.

there is always 2 sides to every story :) not having a go and i think it is great that you got on at all, i remember back in the good old days one of the boys from the Wolves used to do a show on the community radio station. So DJ, will we see you taking over from Southcab next year?
i have enjoyed my playing days and really enjoyed coaching at a few clubs, but no i will not be coaching at yass, I will be umpiring and my full time job and new business venture will take up too much of my time, I married my wife while i was coaching and i have put footy before my family for a lot of years now, so its time to kick back, watch my sons play and hopefully help out by umpiring, from what i have been hearing there is quite a few people interested in coaching the roos next year, here is a bold prediction but i see 3 out of the top four sides next year to be out of canberra, could be wrong but would shake things up a bit, who is going to coach gungahlin 4s next year ?? go hawks:thumbsu::)

They had the printers ready to go with the GF program. There is one every year. However if sides don't provide the league with their nominated team lists by the deadline then the programs can't get printed.

As for the gates at Ainslie - they were locked because they don't want people parking in the Social Club carpark believe it or not. I reckon if you pitch up for an ACTAFL game there next year you'll find the same situation.

I'd much prefer to play at Ainslie anyway. At least there is some atmosphere. 1200 people looked pretty good there the other week compared to the dots they would have been at Manuka.
3rd Grade Thats interseting re the program,yass were not asked to provide any info at all in fact we didnt recieve any corospondance from the league at all grand final week.The wednesday of that week i asked the team manager to supply a team list to the league simply because we hadnt heard the club secretary followed up on it and we never recieved an answer.So i dont know what else yass could have done about it, im just a little disapointed for the boys .I like the ainslie oval as well and yes your rite the reason they dont open the gates is so the pokie junkies can all park there.So are you going around again next year ?.

3rd Grade Thats interseting re the program,yass were not asked to provide any info at all in fact we didnt recieve any corospondance from the league at all grand final week.The wednesday of that week i asked the team manager to supply a team list to the league simply because we hadnt heard the club secretary followed up on it and we never recieved an answer.So i dont know what else yass could have done about it, im just a little disapointed for the boys .I like the ainslie oval as well and yes your rite the reason they dont open the gates is so the pokie junkies can all park there.So are you going around again next year ?.

3GM will definitely be playing next year Southcab as his wife wants him out of the house as much as possible!!!

Coaches Wanted

Senior Coaches required:
The Gungahlin Jets AFC is looking for Senior Coaches for their Division 3 and Division 4 sides for the 2009 season and beyond. Coming off the club's third successive 1st grade premiership in the Canberra District League, the club is looking to cement its spot at the top of the competition.
The Jets' preferred option is for playing coaches. Previous coaching experience is highly desirable but not essential. The successful candidates will need to demonstrate proven effective communication and leadership skills.
Prospective candidates are encouraged to contact Jason Burgess on 0411 594 748, by 5pm September 30, to discuss this opportunity further.
Remuneration package negotiable.

Re: Coaches Wanted

Senior Coaches required:
The Gungahlin Jets AFC is looking for Senior Coaches for their Division 3 and Division 4 sides for the 2009 season and beyond. Coming off the club's third successive 1st grade premiership in the Canberra District League, the club is looking to cement its spot at the top of the competition.
The Jets' preferred option is for playing coaches. Previous coaching experience is highly desirable but not essential. The successful candidates will need to demonstrate proven effective communication and leadership skills.
Prospective candidates are encouraged to contact Jason Burgess on 0411 594 748, by 5pm September 30, to discuss this opportunity further.

Rather eat razer blades........

Rather eat razer blades........

Codola - Not sure about razor blades but we have plenty of medallions you can chew on if you like?

I don't want to get into a debate over coaching or who does or does not like the Jets on here, I put it up so if anyone is interested they know who to contact and i'll leave it at that.

Senior Coaches required:

If Gungahlin haven't yet cemented its spot at the top of the competition then they are kidding themselves. 3 premierships in a row and finals in Div 4. I fail to see why they don't help the league out and play in the reserves next year. I'm sure they could negotiate with the league to ensure it doesn't cost more than this year as it would be a huge help to the 5 team reserve grade comp.

Senior Coaches required:
Gday Trav am i rite in thinking that none off the current players or assitants are interested ? or are you just wanting to see whats available out there?

Gday Trav am i rite in thinking that none off the current players or assitants are interested ? or are you just wanting to see whats available out there?

From my understanding with what I hear on the grapevine it has just been put out there. If a current player wants to apply then so be it, nothing wrong with keeping options open I guess. You looking for a new challenge LOL :p

Codola - I think your remarks are completely uncalled for. You're just making yourself look like an idiot. If that is your opinion/view of the jets then show it on the field, no need to post that sort of crap on the Internet. Just out of curiousity who do you play for btw?

Apply for the Jets coach, and get stabbed in the back by the team halfway thru the year if the team isn't top of the ladder?

Tempting, tempting...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From my understanding with what I hear on the grapevine it has just been put out there. If a current player wants to apply then so be it, nothing wrong with keeping options open I guess. You looking for a new challenge LOL :p

Codola - I think your remarks are completely uncalled for. You're just making yourself look like an idiot. If that is your opinion/view of the jets then show it on the field, no need to post that sort of crap on the Internet. Just out of curiousity who do you play for btw?

You never know LongHaul,although the div 3 position maybe harder to fill then you think giving the three peat the club has acheived expectations will be high and the pressure will be on from game one.Rumor has it that some of the current 3rds are moving on to ainslie if this is so it would be interesting to see the make up of the side, like i said though just a rumor and we all know most of them are bullshit.:)

There has been a lot of interest in the yass job from playing coaches to non playing it has been very suprising so i suspect that the jets jobs will be much sought after.Is jason in his second retirement staying on in a commity roll or is he just the contact for the interviews.He would still make a great non playing coach if he dosnt want to play.:thumbsu:

If Gungahlin haven't yet cemented its spot at the top of the competition then they are kidding themselves. 3 premierships in a row and finals in Div 4. I fail to see why they don't help the league out and play in the reserves next year. I'm sure they could negotiate with the league to ensure it doesn't cost more than this year as it would be a huge help to the 5 team reserve grade comp.

Monksie, you a disgruntled ACTAFL 2nds player who after playng a year with no teams are frustrated. Its funny how the league looks to the CD's when they find themselves short on for teams as they did last year with Belco. Back in the mid 90's ANU won three on the trot, they applied to the league to go up to ACTAFL 2nds as most of the players were going to leave as the challenge had gone (at that stage they were absolutly dominating with the team they had) This request was denied by the league as it would have put a spare team in the 2's with no 1's team to fill out the rest of the draw. So when it suits I guess the ACTAFL looks to the amatuer clubs to help out????

Monksie, you a disgruntled ACTAFL 2nds player who after playng a year with no teams are frustrated. Its funny how the league looks to the CD's when they find themselves short on for teams as they did last year with Belco. Back in the mid 90's ANU won three on the trot, they applied to the league to go up to ACTAFL 2nds as most of the players were going to leave as the challenge had gone (at that stage they were absolutly dominating with the team they had) This request was denied by the league as it would have put a spare team in the 2's with no 1's team to fill out the rest of the draw. So when it suits I guess the ACTAFL looks to the amatuer clubs to help out????

If Gungahlin were to step up to play 2nd grade in the ACTAFL they would not win a game, they are better of staying in the CD's comp, i can assure you next year will not be there year.....

Apply for the Jets coach, and get stabbed in the back by the team halfway thru the year if the team isn't top of the ladder?

Tempting, tempting...

I think the guy was given chances and advice but knew better. Final results speak for themselves. Some guys were just not meant to coach. BTW GF, what are you blokes doin' next year? Is Ricky going round again?

If Gungahlin were to step up to play 2nd grade in the ACTAFL they would not win a game, they are better of staying in the CD's comp, i can assure you next year will not be there year.....

The question is Mark, WHEN will it be Belco's year?? I think the Jets have proven themselves over several years in the CD's and I imagine they will move into ressies soon enough. Not winning a game is a big call and a typically arrogant Belco statement.:thumbsdown:

You never know LongHaul,although the div 3 position maybe harder to fill then you think giving the three peat the club has acheived expectations will be high and the pressure will be on from game one.Rumor has it that some of the current 3rds are moving on to ainslie if this is so it would be interesting to see the make up of the side, like i said though just a rumor and we all know most of them are bullshit.:)

There has been a lot of interest in the yass job from playing coaches to non playing it has been very suprising so i suspect that the jets jobs will be much sought after.Is jason in his second retirement staying on in a commity roll or is he just the contact for the interviews.He would still make a great non playing coach if he dosnt want to play.:thumbsu:
Does this mean that retirement is short lived cab ???

The question is Mark, WHEN will it be Belco's year?? I think the Jets have proven themselves over several years in the CD's and I imagine they will move into ressies soon enough. Not winning a game is a big call and a typically arrogant Belco statement.:thumbsdown:

Cityslicker, normally performance comes from the top down, but as was seen this year, the Belc ACTAFL 1's took the lead from the CD boys on how to throw a game away:eek:

G'day Southcab, we are asking for expressions of interest at this stage, if current players or anyone else involved in the club is interested this is their chance to talk to us. If we don't find any suitable people interested we will start more advertising in a couple of weeks.

Cityslicker, normally performance comes from the top down, but as was seen this year, the Belc ACTAFL 1's took the lead from the CD boys on how to throw a game away:eek:

2old2slow you guys have some nerve paying out Belconnen when you look at it every side made the finals, we may not have taken the cup in every grade but it's a prety good effort to make finals in every grade. Hence why we are club champions!!!!!!!!:eek: By the way i don't know who Mark is??????

Re the belco bagging ,for what its worth i rated belco ahead of the jets in the fours and im by no means taking anything away from the jets.They deserved to be in the grand final i just thought the belco fours were our toughest oponent. The jets drew with belco but beat every other team in the comp so i think that seys something for belco also.

2old2slow you guys have some nerve paying out Belconnen when you look at it every side made the finals, we may not have taken the cup in every grade but it's a prety good effort to make finals in every grade. Hence why we are club champions!!!!!!!!:eek: By the way i don't know who Mark is??????

so thats what you were saying back at the clubhouse after losing GF's? its ok we couldnt do it on the day but hey we are club champions?

Some nerve??

Mate everyside made the finals and every side just crumbled at some stage. Yes it is a great effort for Belco to get those sides there but they need to be able to finish it.

Div 4 I think IMO that they could have had Yass in finals at Manuka but it appears they just dropped their heads once Yass fired up.

Div 3 - Had a reasonable lead at half time, I think they sent their Div 4 side out in the 2nd half. They beat the Jets in every regular season game.. Once the pressue got to them.. they dropped their heads.

There is no doubt Belco are a quality side with some quality players they just need to work on the pressure side of the games, when it really counts - Finals.
No point being club champions when you have lost the GF in 2 grades.

Maybe they have learnt from this year and can take it into next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back