AFL Canberra Div 3, div 4 (Canb Dist)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Coaches Wanted

Some nerve??

Mate everyside made the finals and every side just crumbled at some stage. Yes it is a great effort for Belco to get those sides there but they need to be able to finish it.

Div 4 I think IMO that they could have had Yass in finals at Manuka but it appears they just dropped their heads once Yass fired up.

Div 3 - Had a reasonable lead at half time, I think they sent their Div 4 side out in the 2nd half. They beat the Jets in every regular season game.. Once the pressue got to them.. they dropped their heads.

There is no doubt Belco are a quality side with some quality players they just need to work on the pressure side of the games, when it really counts - Finals.
No point being club champions when you have lost the GF in 2 grades.

Maybe they have learnt from this year and can take it into next season.
Longhaul, do you have a son or relation playing at the jets ??

Heard from the boys playing footy in NZ at presentation saturday ,they tell me they think there first grade which both lee and sero are playing wuold be about the same as the div 3 standard here.Apparantly the NZ boys love there footy and the aussies that head over are well looked after.
Speacking of preso night there were a few pleasant suprises none bigger than the news that former medal winner and leading goal kicker from 07 liam brandan will be back playing for yass next year along with his little 6 foot 7 brother sam.:D:D
Congrats on the bf willo.:thumbsu:very well done mate.

Morning All,

Belco held their presentation night on Saturday as well and for anyone out there who may be interested, Jon Dunn won the B and F in 3's from Dom Bunyan while Jamie Duncan (fuzzy haired midfielder) won the 4's from Sean Egan. Congrats to all those guys on great years.

And I can confirm that I once again won the fat kid encouragement award!!! :p

Morning All,

Belco held their presentation night on Saturday as well and for anyone out there who may be interested, Jon Dunn won the B and F in 3's from Dom Bunyan while Jamie Duncan (fuzzy haired midfielder) won the 4's from Sean Egan. Congrats to all those guys on great years.

And I can confirm that I once again won the fat kid encouragement award!!! :p

Table 12. Table 12. Table 12.

The question is Mark, WHEN will it be Belco's year?? I think the Jets have proven themselves over several years in the CD's and I imagine they will move into ressies soon enough. Not winning a game is a big call and a typically arrogant Belco statement.:thumbsdown:

For the record, codola is not Mark, I am! I play for Belconnen 3s and will admit that we are fair game by every other team in the comp and every person on this forum until we win the premiership.

Let's be honest, that is what we all play for, everything else on the way is a bonus. Until we stop choking in the big one's we have to accept our reputation. It is a fair assumption by other teams/players and the only way it will change is when we get our hands on the cup. The ball is in our court, if we want shake the chokers tag there is only one way to do it: WIN WHEN IT COUNTS:thumbsu:

We are a good club and have competitive teams in every grade, but are kidding ourselves if we think near enough is good enough, or we were the best team all year until the last 25 minutes!

Full credit to all premiership players this year. I have no disrespect for any player in the comp, and off the field dont mind having a beer or two with opponents - the way it should be. After belting the sh!t out of each other on GF day, I had no problems with having a beer with Wainers on on the Sunday night when we crossed paths at All Bar Nun.

So, lets move on and look forward to another competitive season in 2009. I have been here for 6 seasons now and the CD comp is at its strongest.

Bring on pre season:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Re the belco bagging ,for what its worth i rated belco ahead of the jets in the fours and im by no means taking anything away from the jets.They deserved to be in the grand final i just thought the belco fours were our toughest oponent. The jets drew with belco but beat every other team in the comp so i think that seys something for belco also.

How can you say you rated Belconnen better than the Jets when the Jets were the only team to beat you? Sure, your entitled to your opinion, I just find it a strange one.

Anyway, I haven't looked in here for a while but noticed the question about the (mighty) Kingston Wolves. We not only won both grades in 1997 but neither side lost a game all year. A feat that may never be emulated!

How can you say you rated Belconnen better than the Jets when the Jets were the only team to beat you? Sure, your entitled to your opinion, I just find it a strange one.

Anyway, I haven't looked in here for a while but noticed the question about the (mighty) Kingston Wolves. We not only won both grades in 1997 but neither side lost a game all year. A feat that may never be emulated!

I remember it well, a few years of absolute domination and some pretty classy footy for amateurs level footy. I have Kingston as Premiers in Div 1 in 1995, 97, 98 and R/Up to ANU in 96 and In Div 2 Premiers 1997 and R/Up in 98. Did they also R/Up in 1996??

Hey Damon if you notice i said belco fours .

Hey Damon if you notice i said belco fours .

And I think you'll find that's exactly what Damon is referring to.
Gungahlin were the only team to beat Yass this year, correct?
Belconnen got to within 40 points of beating Yass the only time they met. A couple of other teams got closer than that from memory...

23 points in prelim Shanefos. Pretty sure it was the closest result Yass had all year beside the Gungahlin win in the semi.....not that it really matters.

For the record, codola is not Mark, I am! I play for Belconnen 3s and will admit that we are fair game by every other team in the comp and every person on this forum until we win the premiership.

Let's be honest, that is what we all play for, everything else on the way is a bonus. Until we stop choking in the big one's we have to accept our reputation. It is a fair assumption by other teams/players and the only way it will change is when we get our hands on the cup. The ball is in our court, if we want shake the chokers tag there is only one way to do it: WIN WHEN IT COUNTS:thumbsu:

We are a good club and have competitive teams in every grade, but are kidding ourselves if we think near enough is good enough, or we were the best team all year until the last 25 minutes!

Full credit to all premiership players this year. I have no disrespect for any player in the comp, and off the field dont mind having a beer or two with opponents - the way it should be. After belting the sh!t out of each other on GF day, I had no problems with having a beer with Wainers on on the Sunday night when we crossed paths at All Bar Nun.

So, lets move on and look forward to another competitive season in 2009. I have been here for 6 seasons now and the CD comp is at its strongest.

Bring on pre season:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Very well put Twobobs, I agree completely. It's a great comp that can be very social when appropriate. Until recently this forum reflected that for a while too. My initial response to Codola was in relation to his comment about the Jets not winning in the higher grade when they go up. For the most part people on here are keen to see the Jets take the next step which will should be good for the reserve grade comp and development of footy in Gungahlin. Codola's comment was no doubt fuelled by the Div 3 Grand Final loss. You guys had wins in that comp last year so the difference in the comps may not be as huge as some people think. One thing is for sure, the Jets will give it their best.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A Canberra District League Forum! Sweet!

Maybe I should apply for some of these coaching gigs and see if I can instill my work and fitness ethic into a team?

Go Jets!.........and a grudging congrats to Yass in the 2's.

Yes, your 4's will always be my 2's.

Anyway, I haven't looked in here for a while but noticed the question about the (mighty) Kingston Wolves. We not only won both grades in 1997 but neither side lost a game all year. A feat that may never be emulated![/quote]

I remember getting some severe canings from those Kingston teams. Once at Kippax Oval one of their blokes kicked 10 goals playing out of the centre.

What happened to Kingston? Did they choose to amalgamate with Eastlake or did numbers and/or money drop off and force their hand?

And I think you'll find that's exactly what Damon is referring to.
Gungahlin were the only team to beat Yass this year, correct?
Belconnen got to within 40 points of beating Yass the only time they met. A couple of other teams got closer than that from memory...
shanefoss it was a tongue in cheek coment in reference to the div 3 players that played.:)

shanefoss it was a tongue in cheek coment in reference to the div 3 players that played.:)

Not sure who you're referring to Southcab as we certainly didn't have any Div 3 players playing in the Prelim - maybe you're referring to the Jets and I've misread it!!! :confused:.

Southcab, you must remember you were playing against not only a team but a club, any club who has both teams playing on the same weekend should select their strongest team of players who are "eligible" to play.

having said that, I think one team clubs playing in div 4 have an advantage. you have players who with their skill level would normally be playing every week in div 3, and also the ability to gel a team. A concept that is very hard for a div 4 team that needs to support the clubs goals of winning a flag in the highest possible grade and thus has only s small core of regular players with the rest cycling between grades.

with the talk of Liam coming back next year and bringing his 'little' brother, have yass considered taking the next challenge and moving up to div 3?

Gentlemen it was a comment made in jest,yes i know we played agaisnt a club and not a single team.Does,nt anybody have a sense of humor any more.
As for going up a grade is there any point if you beleive those that have played div 3 we are not good enough yet and i can live with that there is no hurry personally i hope that one day yass are in div 3 and competative at that .
Im told that the roos will be solid again next year with not only liam and his brother returning but a very handy x ainslie centre men and i agree with whoever posted that the one team towns have a definate advantage all in all it should be a good period ahead for the roos.

Gentlemen it was a comment made in jest,yes i know we played agaisnt a club and not a single team.Does,nt anybody have a sense of humor any more.
As for going up a grade is there any point if you beleive those that have played div 3 we are not good enough yet and i can live with that there is no hurry personally i hope that one day yass are in div 3 and competative at that .
Im told that the roos will be solid again next year with not only liam and his brother returning but a very handy x ainslie centre men and i agree with whoever posted that the one team towns have a definate advantage all in all it should be a good period ahead for the roos.

Im assuming this is the big ranga from Yass?? What happened to him this season? He was running round during preseason with us at Ainslie and I got blind with him a few times and then he just dissappeared? :confused: Certainly looked as though he can play...

Im assuming this is the big ranga from Yass?? What happened to him this season? He was running round during preseason with us at Ainslie and I got blind with him a few times and then he just dissappeared? :confused: Certainly looked as though he can play...
He spent this year down south and his brother had the year off .I dont think yass seen the best of him but he can play, his brother is the better player though.

So if yass are retaining most of this years squad and these other players do come along who will miss out ?.What is stoping yass from advancing to div 3 surely you would like your chances giving the strength this year and the quality of players joining the ranks ?It maybe better building into a div 3 side while you have access to the type of player you currently enjoy.

Southcab, this seems to be a tried and proven defence on your part 'comment made in jest doenst anybody have a sense of humor anymore" as I noticed you tried this one on the ACTAFL forum for other comments made in jest that were picked up on by other posters without a sense of humor, seems to be a trend in this place:D

Southcab, this seems to be a tried and proven defence on your part 'comment made in jest doenst anybody have a sense of humor anymore" as I noticed you tried this one on the ACTAFL forum for other comments made in jest that were picked up on by other posters without a sense of humor, seems to be a trend in this place:D
Too completely different scenarios 2old 2 slow but it does show that perhaps your knot as slow as your name suggests.I will do my best to be serious in future than.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back