AFL Canberra Div 3, div 4 (Canb Dist)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Coaches Wanted

If Gungahlin were to step up to play 2nd grade in the ACTAFL they would not win a game, they are better of staying in the CD's comp, i can assure you next year will not be there year.....

The jets will never move up to actafl i woulnt think they would not have enough depth. Also i think they like being a big fish in a small pond:eek:

The jets will never move up to actafl i woulnt think they would not have enough depth. Also i think they like being a big fish in a small pond:eek:
At the moment i believe that is correct, we don't have the depth to move up. We are however in the process of trying to help the juniors develop and trying to get the club in a strong position, both on and off the field, so we can move up in the not to distant future.

At the moment i believe that is correct, we don't have the depth to move up. We are however in the process of trying to help the juniors develop and trying to get the club in a strong position, both on and off the field, so we can move up in the not to distant future.
Trav 12 have any of the threes confirmed they want be back next season ?

Yass would struggle if they were to go up IMO. The old Woden and Tuggers teams that dominated the CDL 2's were better than the current Yass team (again IMO).

From someone who played at Woden for over the last ten years, the step up has been monumental. You are once again a little fish in a big bloody pond.

For Yass, I would suggest the first thing they do before going up is get the numbers for two teams - so 70 players. You need the depth. The best thing that happened to us is the affiliation with Cooma, which has helped us and the Cats in being more competitive.

The difference between the top few players in each grade is not that high - its the depth of players. Rich Wharton, Paul Nihill both played in the Prem side and played first grade later in their careers in Canberra and interstate. But you take the quality of the top 10 in each grade, then the players 11-20 in CD1's are phenomenally higher than CD2's.

As a comparison, the Blues 2008 would beat the 02-04 Prem teams by ten goals, easy...

Southcab, you must remember you were playing against not only a team but a club, any club who has both teams playing on the same weekend should select their strongest team of players who are "eligible" to play.

having said that, I think one team clubs playing in div 4 have an advantage. you have players who with their skill level would normally be playing every week in div 3, and also the ability to gel a team. A concept that is very hard for a div 4 team that needs to support the clubs goals of winning a flag in the highest possible grade and thus has only s small core of regular players with the rest cycling between grades.

with the talk of Liam coming back next year and bringing his 'little' brother, have yass considered taking the next challenge and moving up to div 3?
I think that the league needs to have a good hard look at itself, the rules are crap and this was shown in the finals, Yass should have gone through undefeated, only to come up against 7 players who had played none or very few div 4 games, i have played in many different leagues and for a professional comp the rules here are rediculous, I mentioned this to david wark before prelim final and he had no answer. It is quite simple, you must play a certain amount of games in set division to be able to qaulify or if you play too many games in higher div then you cant go back. pretty basic but fair, would have stopped what gungahlin did and maybe the better team belconnen would have played yass in grand final. anyway hopefully the league can work something out to make it fair for everyone. also couldnt believe that stevo was allowed to play in grand final, he had played no games in div 3 then was put on team sheet to eat up his one week, pretty weak but as my mum always said to me "cheaters never prosper" by the way go hawks:thumbsu:

shanefoss it was a tongue in cheek coment in reference to the div 3 players that played.:)
You are a footballing genius South Cab. Gungahlin did make some changes between the Second Semi and the grand final. A 38 year old man from CD 2's was swapped with the leading pie eater, sorry goal kicker at the club with 400 + gloals.

Would you call this stacking the team in the second semi? Please don't because DB will never let us hear the end of it.

I think that the league needs to have a good hard look at itself, the rules are crap and this was shown in the finals, Yass should have gone through undefeated, only to come up against 7 players who had played none or very few div 4 games, i have played in many different leagues and for a professional comp the rules here are rediculous, I mentioned this to david wark before prelim final and he had no answer. It is quite simple, you must play a certain amount of games in set division to be able to qaulify or if you play too many games in higher div then you cant go back. pretty basic but fair, would have stopped what gungahlin did and maybe the better team belconnen would have played yass in grand final. anyway hopefully the league can work something out to make it fair for everyone. also couldnt believe that stevo was allowed to play in grand final, he had played no games in div 3 then was put on team sheet to eat up his one week, pretty weak but as my mum always said to me "cheaters never prosper" by the way go hawks:thumbsu:
Lets make your comments on the forum a little more balanced than your local AFL round up on the radio.

The 3rd division team had 1 change in the entire final series and the 4th division team had the same (two players swapped, please see previous post). If a team only makes 1 change between two meetings and the result is different does that mean that the 1 change was the difference? Or are you saying that the Jets stacked the 4th division team in the GF as well? Results would indicate otherwise.

As for the ruling on player eligibility the rules are in place and should not be disputed. There are some serious flaws in the laws such as reasonable 3rd division players who play the first half of the season and are then pushed out when injured players (and lazy ones) return to the available list and are inelligible to play finals in the 4th division team when the 3rd division team isn't playing? We have been victim of many ridiculous rules over the years and we all have to follow them.

As your mum always says, amongst other things "don't cry over spilt milk"

You are a footballing genius South Cab. Gungahlin did make some changes between the Second Semi and the grand final. A 38 year old man from CD 2's was swapped with the leading pie eater, sorry goal kicker at the club with 400 + gloals.

Would you call this stacking the team in the second semi? Please don't because DB will never let us hear the end of it.
I cant beleive that the one comment( and a smart arse one at that )has led to all this negativity, so you have something else you can attack me over ill try to explain.

The comments were in reference to likes of maccormack, Ryall,Bryant,and Bryce in the major semi which the jets duly won as previously stated if i was in the same position i would have done the same.

Of these players only bryant didnt play the gf in div 4 ports took his place this by the way is the one decision that stinks and no peter peter peter i wouldnt call it team stacking but i would call it disgracefull(comment not made in jest 2 slow)how do you drop a guy who has been the corner stone of the club kicked more goals than any other jet in history has been good enough to play 3,s most of the season plays the major semi than gets dropped for the prelim,knowing that if adfa beat the div 3 side his season is over.Must have been his fault you lost the major semi in div 3 .

We would be happy to have you at yass ports, your not to old or slow for us mate and we have plenty of pies !!!.:D
And just to piss you off good and proper i still sey belconnen division 4 was our toughest opposition and again im NOT TAKING ANYTHING AWAY FROM THE JETS just my f ing opinon.

For the record, codola is not Mark, I am! I play for Belconnen 3s and will admit that we are fair game by every other team in the comp and every person on this forum until we win the premiership.

Let's be honest, that is what we all play for, everything else on the way is a bonus. Until we stop choking in the big one's we have to accept our reputation. It is a fair assumption by other teams/players and the only way it will change is when we get our hands on the cup. The ball is in our court, if we want shake the chokers tag there is only one way to do it: WIN WHEN IT COUNTS:thumbsu:

We are a good club and have competitive teams in every grade, but are kidding ourselves if we think near enough is good enough, or we were the best team all year until the last 25 minutes!

Full credit to all premiership players this year. I have no disrespect for any player in the comp, and off the field dont mind having a beer or two with opponents - the way it should be. After belting the sh!t out of each other on GF day, I had no problems with having a beer with Wainers on on the Sunday night when we crossed paths at All Bar Nun.

So, lets move on and look forward to another competitive season in 2009. I have been here for 6 seasons now and the CD comp is at its strongest.

Bring on pre season:thumbsu::thumbsu:

What's going on here?!!? Bloody hell, this post is chockfull of honesty, humility and wisdom - you Roo boys should take a leaf out of Bob's book! ;)

Twobobs, if you're gonna keep writing this sorta stuff you're gonna have to move along, dude, it's completely out of place on this rabble of a forum!!!

I cant beleive that the one comment( and a smart arse one at that )has led to all this negativity, so you have something else you can attack me over ill try to explain.

The comments were in reference to likes of maccormack, Ryall,Bryant,and Bryce in the major semi which the jets duly won as previously stated if i was in the same position i would have done the same.

Of these players only bryant didnt play the gf in div 4 ports took his place this by the way is the one decision that stinks and no peter peter peter i wouldnt call it team stacking but i would call it disgracefull(comment not made in jest 2 slow)how do you drop a guy who has been the corner stone of the club kicked more goals than any other jet in history has been good enough to play 3,s most of the season plays the major semi than gets dropped for the prelim,knowing that if adfa beat the div 3 side his season is over.Must have been his fault you lost the major semi in div 3 .

We would be happy to have you at yass ports, your not to old or slow for us mate and we have plenty of pies !!!.:D
And just to piss you off good and proper i still sey belconnen division 4 was our toughest opposition and again im NOT TAKING ANYTHING AWAY FROM THE JETS just my f ing opinon.

Southcab, as 2old2slow pointed out, your defence around other members of this forum having no sense of humour is starting to wear thin. Instead, have you considered the possibility that you're not actually very funny?!!?! ;)

Now I love Puffy Arse and I'm as big a fan of his as anyone (although your fondness for him, Southo, is bordering on disturbing). But listen, I don't think you're in any position to comment on player selection at another club. In the end the Jets achieved the #1 objective - a Div 3 Premiership.

Insinuating that another club has cheated is a pathetically low blow, Andy, especially when the club you’re talking about didn’t break any rules!!!

You 1-team clubs just don’t get it, do you?!! Surely a club that has both its sides playing on the same day is entitled to pick its best 22 in its “Firsts” and then play the players who miss out in its “Reserves” side?!?! The players who miss out on getting picked in the Firsts shouldn’t miss out on playing in the “Reserves” - that’s just nonsense – if anything they should be the MOST deserving of being picked in the Reserves!! In this club’s case, that’s what the Div 4 side is, the “reserves”. This is all pretty logical stuff really.

There are three types of people I don’t trust – DJ’s, bouncers and umpires. You’re not planning on doing any security work in the near future are ya, Andy? ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heywood

Could you have imagined the whinging from down the Barton Highway if they had been rolled, and Ports and Brycey had kicked ten between 'em?

This thread would be 100 pages already - covered in even more dribble

Insinuating that another club has cheated is a pathetically low blow, Andy, especially when the club you’re talking about didn’t break any rules!!!

You 1-team clubs just don’t get it, do you?!! Surely a club that has both its sides playing on the same day is entitled to pick its best 22 in its “Firsts” and then play the players who miss out in its “Reserves” side?!?! The players who miss out on getting picked in the Firsts shouldn’t miss out on playing in the “Reserves” - that’s just nonsense – if anything they should be the MOST deserving of being picked in the Reserves!! In this club’s case, that’s what the Div 4 side is, the “reserves”. This is all pretty logical stuff really.

There are three types of people I don’t trust – DJ’s, bouncers and umpires. You’re not planning on doing any security work in the near future are ya, Andy? ;)
you have just contradicted yourself, yes i agree the best 22 should play ones so why did the jets play 7 players back in the twos. yes you got to the gf but it didnt work, what about the players who get dropped back and the twos who have to go up, good team stability not, even the belco boys think it was pathetic, maybe thats why their will be jets walking out the door as we speak, and i still think putting stevo in the threes to get him cleared for gf was pathetic as well, didnt matter he gave away about 4 goals to us so i guess it really backfired, have a look at your principles and honesty as a club and you may realise that you guys are in the wrong, i dont have a problem with your players they are a great bunch of blokes just the people pulling their strings. ps my name is ando not andy , guess you cant read. If you have a problem with djs and bouncers i guess you must have a problem with alcohol as well or wouldnt the dj play the macarena for you, not planning on security work but will be umpiring next year, at least i have enough balls to advertise this and also who i am and not hide behind a name like juicy and others. go hawks and go roos:)

Lets make your comments on the forum a little more balanced than your local AFL round up on the radio.

The 3rd division team had 1 change in the entire final series and the 4th division team had the same (two players swapped, please see previous post). If a team only makes 1 change between two meetings and the result is different does that mean that the 1 change was the difference? Or are you saying that the Jets stacked the 4th division team in the GF as well? Results would indicate otherwise.

As for the ruling on player eligibility the rules are in place and should not be disputed. There are some serious flaws in the laws such as reasonable 3rd division players who play the first half of the season and are then pushed out when injured players (and lazy ones) return to the available list and are inelligible to play finals in the 4th division team when the 3rd division team isn't playing? We have been victim of many ridiculous rules over the years and we all have to follow them.

As your mum always says, amongst other things "don't cry over spilt milk"
whos crying over spilt milk, the only thing i was crying over was the spilt burbon out of the premiership cup. As for the radio show as i said before i wanted to do canberra districts but the radio show only wanted div 1. i said i would do it as long as i could mention who yass were playing and any milestones, any other teams were not even involved only if you were playing against yass that day, i did this for free and i organised it, if you have a problem then get of your ass and ring david wark or 104.7, maybe it was you who rang and complained to radio station, because someone who used to do it wanted to be reinstated, but was told by cam sullings to politely piss off. get over it.

you have just contradicted yourself, yes i agree the best 22 should play ones so why did the jets play 7 players back in the twos. yes you got to the gf but it didnt work, what about the players who get dropped back and the twos who have to go up, good team stability not, even the belco boys think it was pathetic, maybe thats why their will be jets walking out the door as we speak, and i still think putting stevo in the threes to get him cleared for gf was pathetic as well, didnt matter he gave away about 4 goals to us so i guess it really backfired, have a look at your principles and honesty as a club and you may realise that you guys are in the wrong, i dont have a problem with your players they are a great bunch of blokes just the people pulling their strings. ps my name is ando not andy , guess you cant read. If you have a problem with djs and bouncers i guess you must have a problem with alcohol as well or wouldnt the dj play the macarena for you, not planning on security work but will be umpiring next year, at least i have enough balls to advertise this and also who i am and not hide behind a name like juicy and others. go hawks and go roos:)
Have you considered that the Jets coachs/selectors chose who they believed were the best 22 for the 3rd division team? As i'm sure you would be aware when you have sides playing finals/grand finals there are going to be some very good players who miss out on selection for any number of reasons match ups, injury, form etc. Are you then meant to tell these guys that even though they are eligible to play they should sit out of the division 4 side also???

With all this talk of trying to get yass to go up a grade i am curios as to how the ainslie 3rds are gonna go next year. if they have another poor year next year will they be pushed down a grade.

And also if the jets dominate next season like yass did this year would they be asked to go up a grade, as they already have one team in the thirds, now that would be an interesing matchup:)

Dick J I didnt think i would ever be saying this but i think you maybe a bigger knob then the cab build a bridge and get over it.Cant wait to bag you when ,if you get control of a whistle.

You arnt even amusing i hope your djing isnt as bad .:eek:

Maggie did you actually come out in support of the jets will wonders ever cease ?

Dick J I didnt think i would ever be saying this but i think you maybe a bigger knob then the cab build a bridge and get over it.Cant wait to bag you when ,if you get control of a whistle.

You arnt even amusing i hope your djing isnt as bad .:eek:

Maggie did you actually come out in support of the jets will wonders ever cease ?

Neck up House!!!

What happened to Kingston? Did they choose to amalgamate with Eastlake or did numbers and/or money drop off and force their hand?

IIRC, Kingston folded after the driving guys behind it tired of it, the money from Cafe Della Piazza dried up a bit, and Eastlake made an offer that could hardly be refused... Then the majority of the Wolves players gave it away and ended up elsewhere like Harman

I also cannot believe that Yass are still going on about it. Guys just accept the fact that at finals time especially teams with 2 grades are going to be swapping players between the grades based on form/injuries & availability.

Sorry to say but the more you go on about it the sillier you look. ;)

The season has been over for sometime now and the only thing you can do in your spare time is get on the INTERNET and complain about the season finals and what happened. No matter what you say on the INTERNET the only opinions to change will be that of those who looked at you guys in a particular way and now look at you differently.

The biggest thing to realise is this is the INTERNET. If you want to make people change their minds do it on the football field. Get over the fact you didn't go the season undefeated and reside in the fact that you beat a team who may have had 1st grade players in the side and won the GF. :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back