AFL Club Numbers in Social Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man Carlton are dorks. I visit all the other Clubs Twitter pages and they have either nice logos or a couple of players, coaches etc...but Carlton no. Just Judd.

Twitter/Facebook is more a tool of 13 - 30 year olds. I think it is a fair example of the young people, possibly pre membership age and who they support. Carlton's horrid deccade sure didn't pick up many supporters which will probably come back to bit us some stage down the track. Premierships and winning games win supporters. Collingwood have had a great deccade. Essendon not to bad between 1997-2010ish. WCE's have had a great deccade. Fair to say the majority of social media users picked teams to follow between 1995ish to 2010ish. I'm tipping in ten years time Geelong's will explode. The saints and swans have impressive following, hence a great last 15 years. Carlton being second most followed on twitter is suprising. There is a bit of a difference between facebook and twitter following which is suprising. Interesting stuff.

Twitter/Facebook is more a tool of 13 - 30 year olds. I think it is a fair example of the young people, possibly pre membership age and who they support.
Not anymore mate. There was a time a few years ago when Facebook was mainly teenagers and yound adults, but recently this has changed and it's anyone of any age on there. Twitter especially has never really been associated much with teens, mostly adults.

Man Carlton are dorks. I visit all the other Clubs Twitter pages and they have either nice logos or a couple of players, coaches etc...but Carlton no. Just Judd.

Did you just make up an excuse to have a baseless shot at Carlton. It was very mature of you.

Carlton's twitter profile has our membership slogan 'I am Carlton' and one of the publicity shots from that campaign, that being the most marketable member of the side in Judd. Collingwood has a crowd shot from their 'Side by Side' campaign.

How exactly does that shot of Judd make us 'dorks'? Stupid comment based on tribal bullshit.

Twitter/Facebook is more a tool of 13 - 30 year olds. I think it is a fair example of the young people, possibly pre membership age and who they support. Carlton's horrid deccade sure didn't pick up many supporters which will probably come back to bit us some stage down the track. Premierships and winning games win supporters. Collingwood have had a great deccade. Essendon not to bad between 1997-2010ish. WCE's have had a great deccade. Fair to say the majority of social media users picked teams to follow between 1995ish to 2010ish. I'm tipping in ten years time Geelong's will explode. The saints and swans have impressive following, hence a great last 15 years. Carlton being second most followed on twitter is suprising. There is a bit of a difference between facebook and twitter following which is suprising. Interesting stuff.

I don't go there but have seen a couple of posts here and there. The Carlton facebook site is apparently barely/not moderated and is full of idiots bagging out the players and acting feral. If that is the case, I understand why people shy away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbane Broncos has 226k facebook likes. It's more popular than Collingwood. Cop that Eddie :D

Do people other than celebrities and sports people actually use twitter? Seems like a big waste of time.

Yeah but wait until they get the Internet in tasmania! ;)

Interesting figures, worth revisiting in 5 years time as clubs improve their engagement to social media.

Wait until they get the internet down in 'Geelong'

heard they are currently installing it in Ocean Grove.

Yeah but they're number 1 on petbook.

All quality.

That's a fair gap on the Facebook numbers between Collingwood/Essendon and the rest. Twitter has a baseline, Facebook not so much.

This reflects alot on how clubs use social media. Some clubs I'm sure aren't really that interested, whereas others get well stuck into it as a useful way to get more interaction with it's paying fanbase.

Then again it's all a bit of a wankfest when the real showing is how much money supporters are forking out.

Did you just make up an excuse to have a baseless shot at Carlton. It was very mature of you.

Carlton's twitter profile has our membership slogan 'I am Carlton' and one of the publicity shots from that campaign, that being the most marketable member of the side in Judd. Collingwood has a crowd shot from their 'Side by Side' campaign.

How exactly does that shot of Judd make us 'dorks'? Stupid comment based on tribal bullshit.

You said it. Lol

I am Carlton. Then cue picture of Judd. Says it all. Very good 2012 slogan if you ask me

Brisbane Broncos has 226k facebook likes. It's more popular than Collingwood. Cop that Eddie :D

Do people other than celebrities and sports people actually use twitter? Seems like a big waste of time.
Brisbane Broncos - in a one team town with a population of around 2.2 million and only have 226k likes. You'd think they would have over 400,000 at least.

Collingwood FC - in a 9 team town with a population of around 4 million have 171k likes. I think the support for NRL in its heartlands is just nothing compared to the support of AFL in its heartland. This goes waaaaaay beyond Facebook as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back