News AFL coach Clarkson investigated over junior footy umpire 'abuse'

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair dinkum why dont they string Clarko up for some various war crimes while they are at it. FFS they are making this out that he is some kind of monster who is a threat to society, Georgie sums up what is wrong with society these days, PC is ruining the world

Brilliant article from, of all people, Rohan Connolly. Some perspective, at last!

"
With an official bellowing at him to get off, and chaos still ensuing, he let fly. He continues to pay a pretty hefty price for doing so, not only in the court of public opinion, but at the hands of a cavalry of media moralists climbing on the high horse again."

"
What, exactly, does the mob want? A fourth or fifth apology. A tearful recantation. A set of stocks and some rotten tomatoes? OK, he stuffed up, but is there any chance of a little perspective?"

Brilliant article from, of all people, Rohan Connolly. Some perspective, at last!

"
With an official bellowing at him to get off, and chaos still ensuing, he let fly. He continues to pay a pretty hefty price for doing so, not only in the court of public opinion, but at the hands of a cavalry of media moralists climbing on the high horse again."

"
What, exactly, does the mob want? A fourth or fifth apology. A tearful recantation. A set of stocks and some rotten tomatoes? OK, he stuffed up, but is there any chance of a little perspective?"

This is THE best article I have read from Connolly.Very fair, as for Kennett, I am glad he is no longer our Pres. He has done a lot for the club, but it was time he left when he did.Suspend Clarko? How stupid, doesn't he and the crappy media stop and think how all this media will affect his family??As for that Neil Mitchell Twit, he has gone on and on and on AGAIN this morning.Turned him off, no more of his rubbish, so much more to talk about than this repeat trivial, day after day..Won't remark what I would do to him if I had a chance.3AW has now lost me along with others, no wonder his popularity has gone way down the ladder. The more that turn to other stations will be a good day..

Thank God this d>>>ead has moved on

Hes not even aware of all the details

‘‘It was a humiliating experience for both myself and the umpire. There are a lot of lessons to be learned out of this and the very thing I said to (the umpire) is the very thing I’ve said to myself over the last four days.’’
Advertisement
Reports have suggested Clarkson labelled the official a ‘‘d-ckhead’’.
‘‘I got myself into a situation because of my profile and experience with the game ... I should have known better,’’ Clarkson said.
Former Hawthorn President Jeff Kennett told radio station 3AW this morning he would have banned Clarkson from senior coaching duties for a week had he still been at the helm of the club.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/hawks-coach-clarkson-humiliated-by-junior-footy-fallout-20120726-22t72.html#ixzz21hwBLmDZ

You know what, and I'm glad he hasn't been suspended, but Jeff's argument has a great deal of merit! Its not a good look and there is a fair argument to say discipline needs to be maintained. Know this isn't popular, but there you go!

As much as i loved Jeff, but imagine the up raw if he was still presidant and Clarko was suspended for a week..
These comments simply remind me why I was very happy when he stood down.

I am also very happy with how our current administration has handled a number of difficult issues this week.

We don't need to pander to media commentators like mitchell (and BTW nor should ex presidents desperate to get oxygen).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like I said, other folk at hawthorn would have told Jeff to pull his head in

so glad we didnt crash and burn like the liberal party when he left

Actually Im going to weigh in again.
I magine if Dicker had come out with a comment which is a sideways criticism at the way Kennett ran things as president ?
I know Mitchell goaded him into it but as I keep getting told, Kennett is a media Pro.
Not helpful Move on Mr (I dont want gay trainers massaging young footballers) Kennett

Kudos to Mr Newbold for remaining quiet on the issue. If they dont expect a whacky comment they won't come looking

Remove this Banner Ad

News AFL coach Clarkson investigated over junior footy umpire 'abuse'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back