AFL Coaches Association Player of the Year - Dane Swan

Remove this Banner Ad

The coaches had Judd ahead of all of those players also!

Seems to me you have under-rated Judd.

Thats always a possibility. I dont rate him as high as some. I think he whines too much on field looking for frees and I really dont like the dirty stuff he seemingly cant stay away from.

Undeniably talented so I dont understand why he does some of the thing he does on field. That sort of stuff lowers him a long way in my eyes. Some agree, some dont...just my view on things.

This is a much better guide to the better players of the year. The coaches know a lot more about THEIR players (and the opposition's of the particular game) than the stupid little short people. Nice to see Thommo in the top 10.:thumbsu:

This is a much better guide to the better players of the year. The coaches know a lot more about THEIR players (and the opposition's of the particular game) than the stupid little short people. Nice to see Thommo in the top 10.:thumbsu:
Thompson in the top 10 is a bit of a joke though, which shows it's almost impossible to have the perfect award. Consistency is never rewarded enough. Pendlebury polled in 17 out of 22 games for a total of 61 votes. Thompson only polled in 8 games to finish on 62 votes.

Somehow a format needs to created that rewards a consistent level of very good games, rather than only rocking up for 6 awesome games and a few good ones.

Well done Swanny.

I guess this means he's won every meaningful individual award this season.

Epic season.

Geez I'd almost forgotten what epic poor sports you Magpies are; Brisbane had salary cap concessions; Harmes hit the ball after it was out; Judd's Brownlow is not meaningful coz he was only a top 5 player (rofl) ... so what's it going to be after the loss this Saturday?

I think the Coaches award is the best award to win in terms of reflecting who was the most damaging players. This is because the coaches take into account the different role players have and feel more accutely who influenced the games.

I think the brownlow should stay as its the quirks and surprises that keep it interesting. It would be pretty boring otherwise as most people would know its down to 1-3 players each year if done by an independent panel that fairly assesses games.

I think we should keep those quirks of our game that make it original & unpredictable, even if its unfair - just like the bounce of our ball!

Thompson in the top 10 is a bit of a joke though, which shows it's almost impossible to have the perfect award. Consistency is never rewarded enough. Pendlebury polled in 17 out of 22 games for a total of 61 votes. Thompson only polled in 8 games to finish on 62 votes.

Somehow a format needs to created that rewards a consistent level of very good games, rather than only rocking up for 6 awesome games and a few good ones.

That would be a "most consistent" award no?

Like in the little league.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Coaches Association Player of the Year - Dane Swan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back