afl.com troubles

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah mate a lot of people are having trouble getting around properly. It will be fixed soon though most probably as soon as they get their act together (if the get their act together
biggrin.gif
)

Vis

------------------
I was put on this Earth to complete a certain number of tasks. I am so far behind, I will never die...

Originally posted by Wilko:
What on earth is going on with the new afl.com?
Yesterday I couldn't get in to the club section and now i can't get in at all, the screen just freezes up.
Has anyone else had these problems?

Get a new computer, simple!

I have been trying for 2 days to get in, and my screen freezes also.

Good to see I'm not the only one having troubles

------------------
Why did the guy have to change his number
from 16 to 23. Now my username looks stupid

It works fine on my machine.

I must say the design is very poor. White on blue is never a good idea for an informational site. Black text on white or a light colour works best - why change it?

I suspect some tool in upper management made decisions when developers and people with more usability knowledge should have. I'd be interested to know if they even DID any usability testing.

Overall it 'looks' professional, but it has some deep design flaws. It looks like a lot of people (many of whom have no web design knowledge) have had an input into the design, giving a slight dog's breakfast effect.

The reason it freezes (does for me too) is something to do with the ads from redback.news.com

Any page that doesn't load up the ads works fine, but if it wants to load ads, freezes up for me in both MSIE & Netscape.

[This message has been edited by Max Power (edited 24 March 2001).]

Remove this Banner Ad

afl.com troubles

Remove this Banner Ad

Back