Afl crowds

Remove this Banner Ad

And half of the GW$ crowd were Bombers fans, of course. So it's actually even worse in real terms than the 6,875 in their first home game.

Current GC$ crowd average - 13,486. That's only 600 above what the Bears managed on average in their second season on the Gold Coast.

Oh, and current GC$ membership - 11,000. 27% down even on their first season's membership tally.

Bearing in mind also that the AFL are spending $200 million on these franchises over their first five years. And the Qld and NSW governments have spent $210 million on their stadiums.

WOFTAM. A textbook case :eek:

As time goes on, the stupidity of this whole exercise by the AFL will become ever more obvious. Culminating in the inevitable end of said franchises. And over $400 million, or more, flushed down the toilet in the process.

I hope to Christ the AFL learn some sort of lesson from it.

No, the Bears got 12,800 in their second season on the Gold Coast. After 2 years, they were down below 9,000 - 4 years, and they'd fallen to 6,500.

As I said, now GC$ are only 600 higher in average attendance than the Bears were at the same point. And that's 6,700 less than GC$ averaged last year :eek:

A 42% fall in their crowds already. Coupled with membership down to 11,000 - 27% below last year.

The trajectory is very similar indeed. Seems to be happening even faster, in fact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton vs Melbourne got 51K, which is apparently their highest ever.

Is 11K for GWS really that bad in context?

Carlton vs Melbourne's official attendance was 28,371.

Which is, let's face it, pathetic, considering it was a Carlscum home game.

I understand your concern.

The last time Geelong hosted the Tassie Hawks, Richmond and Melbourne they attracted an average of 39,984. This year they only got 36.397. That's a 9% drop.

Geelong – on the slide and epic fail. :thumbsu:

Yet all 3 were still full houses which you have 119 reasons to avoid

No, the Bears got 12,800 in their second season on the Gold Coast. After 2 years, they were down below 9,000 - 4 years, and they'd fallen to 6,500.

As I said, now GC$ are only 600 higher in average attendance than the Bears were at the same point. And that's 6,700 less than GC$ averaged last year :eek:

A 42% fall in their crowds already. Coupled with membership down to 11,000 - 27% below last year.

The trajectory is very similar indeed. Seems to be happening even faster, in fact.

That is a lot of deflect, how are Melbournes crowds going at the same point as Carlton, Essendon or Collingwood over 100 years later?

Remove this Banner Ad

Afl crowds

Remove this Banner Ad

Back