AFL Dream Team 2006

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cassius_Clay said:
Am I the only one who hates Goddard with a passion. The guy is a hack yet gets awesome dream team scores F$%k!

He is useless and his posessions dont do anything but he scores well. I suppose thats the trick to this game.

goddard is the cheapest possesion getter ever
he did not play as good a game as his STATS suggest

god - there were multiple MASSIVE scores tonight, and i wasn't invited
riewoldt had a party, not many people turned up, 86

Chapman 143
Goddard 134
Dal Santo 95 (Did he touch it after quarter time?)
Riewoldt 86
Enright 83

Good night :thumbsu:

Milburn benefited from Scarlett, Harley, Egan, King, Ottens, Playfair and Kingsley on the field at once for the first time this year! Mooney should do the same next week and Thompson better push Enright back into the midfield. He his an ordinary defender and such a great kick to a player on the lead, he wasted in the back pocket.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Drummond said:
He has become my most hated player in the league! Cannot stand him and his cheap uncontested possessions. :mad: :thumbsdown:

:)

125238as.jpg

Nice start, although they have to make up for 3 zeros this week.

Goddard 134 (finally a trade that worked)
Riewoldt 86 (terrible after half time)
Batel 75 (played out of the action in defence)

You guys who are bagging Goddard seem to have missed the point. DreamTeam's about quantity - not quality.
(Although I have to admit that Sinclair annoyed me for the same reason last year)

Goddard is simply playing the role that he is being assigned (by a dud coach). But every team needs players that get uncontested possesions: Sinclair, Chad Cornes, Matthew Lappin, Wirrpunda, Clement etc (and I know they also get contested possesions but they all play a similar role).

Goddard is playing the exact same role that Hodge played this time last year - floating across half back, collecting marks by filling up the space or from sideways kicks via a teammate and then setting up the play into attack. That's why I've had him in my dream team from the start.

And like Hodge last year, don't be surprised to see him slowly work his way into the middle. Remember that only a year separates the two number one draft picks and Hodge didn't come good until last year. Those who have Goddard in their team should hang on to him, you will be rewarded greatly.

Drummond said:
He has become my most hated player in the league! Cannot stand him and his cheap uncontested possessions. :mad: :thumbsdown:
Can't stand the useless prick. Credit to those who picked him though...
2nd point we agree on Drummond :eek:.

Chapman has just appreciated to $386,100...;)

... and Cassius, you were referring to Chapman...;)

Riewoldt 86
Chapman 143

Benno_900 said:
OK night.

Bartel (The tackling machine who didn't tackle once tonight): 75 :(

I also have Bartel for his tackles but did you notice he played loose man in defence all night? Didn't get a run on the ball. His job was to get the ball out of the backline after a spoilt marking contest and that's why he had no tackles. Sometimes he was the third man up against Riewoldt and Gehrig but usually he waited for the ball to spill out to him or receive it from one of the other backs.

I think he'll return to the middle next week. Bomber was just very conscious of the Saints tall forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back