J.Bowden, Milburn, C.Jones, McPhee, Mundy, Adcock, Kosi
Hansen, Boyle

Hodge, S.Bourgoyne, Enright, K.Simpson, Griffen, N.Lappin
Gibbs, Selwood

Sandilands, Darcy
Hudson, Griffin

Hall, Pavlich, Embley, N.Brown, Franklin, Croad, Thomas
Jetta, A.Davey

I'm looking to grab players who have scope for improvement and a rise in dollar value while still fielding a strong squad. Probably the only guy I'm not happy with is Dale Thomas in the forward line but there weren't too many guys with similar value around him.

Thoughts?

How bout this team:

Hansen, Boyle

Gibbs, Selwood

Sandilands, Darcy
Hudson, Griffin

Jetta, A.Davey

I'm looking to grab players who have scope for improvement and a rise in dollar value while still fielding a strong squad. Probably the only guy I'm not happy with is Dale Thomas in the forward line but there weren't too many guys with similar value around him.

Thoughts?
Pretty good, but I dunno about Hodge, might give away too many frees

How bout this team:

Hansen, Boyle

Gibbs, Selwood

Sandilands, Darcy
Hudson, Griffin

Jetta, A.Davey

Thoughts?

That's actually very similar to my team apart from maybe 5-6 players

Re: Goal Sneaks bargian buys.

Here are the top 10 players that you would be stupid not to have in your 30.

1 - Justin Koschitzke 139,400. I know he is injury prone but if he gets going he is in the elite. Probably best to start as a reserve but should be in the starting line-up very quickly.
2 - Aaron Edwards 82,300. Edwards is going to be the focal point of the Roos forward line with the injury to Thompson. He wont be a superstar but will contribute 70 points a week and is a safer bet at that price than a rookie.
3 - Richard Tambling 233,400. I know this will lead to critism but Tambling is ready to explode. Had 30+ touches in a practice match the other week and has been one of the tigers best preseason. With more time in the middle this year he may just be a 100+ player.
4 - Bryce Gibbs 117,300. Believe the hype guys this guy is the package. It won't take him long to find his feet in the big time and expect similar returns to Murphy last year.
5 - Lance Franklin 223,800. Buddy is ready to dominate the AFL. He is agile and spends a lot of time across half forward which should see him in the points each but has the ability to score bags of goals which will create 100+ games.
6 - Nathan G Brown 235,600. Players who are coming off serious injuries are often good to pick up. Browny is in the elite and provided he is fit he will be a dream team gun again.
7 - Luke Darcy 166,900. - Like Brown is coming back from injury. I don't think Luke will have a great season but it is important to have scoring reserves. Either way Darcy's value will increase and you can offload him or keep him for backup to your 2 rucks.
8 - Nigel Lappin 196,400 - Expect Lappin to be a prolific scorer with soft touches across half back while Matthews nurses him back into the demands of AFl football.
9 - Matthew Pavlich 356,300 - The Pav is at this price while Buckley is some 30,000 higher. Pavlich will be a certain 100 points a week player and is a possible captain.
10 - Xavier Clarke 230,100 - Dominated the practice match last week and may be finally ready to deliver on his potential. At 230,000 is a cheap starter. Provided he does not succumb to injuries again he is a bargain buy.
Have 5 of those. Adcock would be top 5 for value, easy. Gibbs could be good, but he's too expensive for a 1st year, Clarke is too injury prone, Franklin lacks the consistency IMO to be a good DT player. Could get 120 one week, but 40 the next.

Re: Dreamteam Steals

i dont really think hudson is a steal. he isnt a player for dream team and too injury prone. can someone put some stats in the past for him aswell as some info about p.burgoyne, lappin, hadley.. are these guys fit??

btw Gibbs is not a steal at all

ben mcglynn is an absolute steal! at 160,000 he is amazing value. average 81.5 from his 4 games, takes marks and gets a lot of free kicks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My great team:

M.Lappin Johncock Waters Raines A.Walker Mattner Copeland Adcock Riggio

West S.Burgoyne Dal Santo Cooney Braun Mark Johnson Rodan Gibbs

Darcy Moran Hudson Griffin

Fevola G.Ablett Ebert Nathan Brown Thomas Porplyzia Franklin Koschitzke Alwyn Davey

what makes people think that Hudson is injury prone? he is probably one of the least injury prone big men. he is the crows starting ruckman, and will prob play 2/3 to 3/4 of every game. if u don't get him for that price u have massively disadvantaged yourself against everyone else in the comp who does...

My great team:

M.Lappin Johncock Waters Raines A.Walker Mattner Copeland Adcock Riggio

West S.Burgoyne Dal Santo Cooney Braun Mark Johnson Rodan Gibbs

Darcy Moran Hudson Griffin

Fevola G.Ablett Ebert Nathan Brown Thomas Porplyzia Franklin Koschitzke Alwyn Davey
That is the suckiest ruck lineup that ever sucked. I've got a pretty weak ruck lineup, but you'd want atleast one good starting ruckman who's played more than a handful of games last year. None of those four meet that criteria.

That is the suckiest ruck lineup that ever sucked. I've got a pretty weak ruck lineup, but you'd want atleast one good starting ruckman who's played more than a handful of games last year. None of those four meet that criteria.

I'm happy to gamble. Ruck is probably the least important position anyway. Lumbering big guys who may get hit outs but their lack of other stats hurts. I was burnt last year by stocking up on expensive ruckmen who got crap totals.

I'm happy to gamble. Ruck is probably the least important position anyway. Lumbering big guys who may get hit outs but their lack of other stats hurts. I was burnt last year by stocking up on expensive ruckmen who got crap totals.
I know what your saying, I've got three risky rucks (no Darcy), but have Sandilands who looks set for a very good season and should average 70+.

Hahaha you are so crap at this game if thats what you think.

Here are some of the averages of ruckmen last year:
Lade = 98.7
Cox = 98.6
Fraser = 95.2
Simmonds = 94.0
White = 90.5

You have two very average starting rucks and the rest of the team doesnt make up for it.

Hahaha you are so crap at this game if thats what you think.

Here are some of the averages of ruckmen last year:
Lade = 98.7
Cox = 98.6
Fraser = 95.2
Simmonds = 94.0
White = 90.5

You have two very average starting rucks and the rest of the team doesnt make up for it.

How come I finished in the top 20% last year then?
I did have Simmonds in the team but took him out. I still have a week to consider it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back