AFL Dream Team 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a pretty strong team you have. My advice would be to include Kenelly in your starting backs this week, naming JW Smith as an emergency. I'd try and upgrade Petterd next, get a 350+ calibre midfielder. You can get money to do this by downgrading Darcy or R.Griffen first.
Good to see you've still got 7 trades in hand.

How can an All Australian Centre Half Back not defend?

sorry but that's most stupid comment ive read on bigfooty. and i hate port

Have yet to see Chad Cornes take the oppositions number one forward and win. He cares too much about his own game, rightfully so as well because he sets up a lot of Ports play. But to say he is a "defender" is a joke.

Have yet to see Chad Cornes take the oppositions number one forward and win. He cares too much about his own game, rightfully so as well because he sets up a lot of Ports play. But to say he is a "defender" is a joke.
obviously dont watch much power, he has taken some good CHF and does play off them as he is a great attacking player and reads the play well, you wouldnt call him a defender as he plays many other positions, but he can defend
heath shaw isnt a defender then, mcleod aint,

obviously dont watch much power, he has taken some good CHF and does play off them as he is a great attacking player and reads the play well, you wouldnt call him a defender as he plays many other positions
heath shaw isnt a defender then, mcleod aint,

He plays very wide of his opponent on most occasions which is why if he plays on Brad Johnson (which wont happen) Johnno will dominate. The original comment was someone was worried that Cornes will take Johnson and Johnno will score poorly.

-Not sure what the "obvious reasons" are with respect to Lenny Hayes. If you are referring to his previous knee injury then I'd think it would be fair to assume that he is not really feeling the effects of it since he has played the last 4 games and has averaged over 100 in that time.

-Interesting that you say that Judd doesn't have the big games because I don't think you could be more wrong. In 2006 Judd had 5 games with scores of above 120 (what I consider to be a "big game"). West had 4. So far this year, West has had 2 games of 120+, Judd has had 1 (in 2 fewer games). I certainly wouldn't say that Judd has less of a potential to have a monster game than West is. West's average this yr has been massively inflated by those monster scores he had earlier this yr, remove those 2 scores and he averaging around 90.

-Scotland last yr was remarkable. Won't see consistency like that for a while I reckon, at least in terms of DT scores. As you said he has been poor as of late though, averaging 88 in his last 6 games, hardly "supersix" material in my books. I'd prefer Joel Corey over him this year.

At the end of the day the difference between all of these players (other than Bartel) is hardly anything, if you have any combination of the players we've mentioned you're doing pretty well.

Again, i agree with what you are saying.

Like i said, L.Hayes in full flight would be in the Super Six on any day of the week without a doubt.
He has averaged over 100 in his last 4 games and he can even do a lot better than that.
His knee injury last year and shoulder injury earlier this year are the obvious reasons as to why i have not selected him in my Super Six at this point in time.

C.Judd is averaging a measley 1.63 marks per game.
That is pathetic, in terms for Dream Team.
The thing about C.Judd is that he may get tagged around the stoppages but he is still going to win the contest bcause he is just too good so sometimes teams focus on D.Kerr instead.
However, he is way too dangerous to be left alone in space around the field.
Every team on any given week will always have a player who either tags him or runs with him which reduces his chances of getting cheap marks around the groud significantly.

At the end of the day, if you want to be included in my Super Six you must be able to score 130-160 point games.

Current Team :

Backs

HShaw
Cornes
McPhee
Bowden
Milburn
Kozi
Adcock

Smith Riggio

Centres

Hayes
Hodge
Judd
Goodwin
Power
Lappin

King Clarke

Ruck

Cox
Everitt

Sandilands Griffin

Forwards

Chapman
Pavlich
Riewoldt
JBrown
Hall
NBrown
BJohnson

Tredrea Hawkins

Team is set with 5 trades remaining.:thumbsu:

Current Team :

Backs

HShaw
Cornes
McPhee
Bowden
Milburn
Kozi
Adcock

Smith Riggio

Centres

Hayes
Hodge
Judd
Goodwin
Power
Lappin

King Clarke

Ruck

Cox
Everitt

Sandilands Griffin

Forwards

Chapman
Pavlich
Riewoldt
JBrown
Hall
NBrown
BJohnson

Tredrea Hawkins

Team is set with 5 trades remaining.:thumbsu:
You have Sandilands on the bench:eek:

That's a pretty strong team you have. My advice would be to include Kenelly in your starting backs this week, naming JW Smith as an emergency. I'd try and upgrade Petterd next, get a 350+ calibre midfielder. You can get money to do this by downgrading Darcy or R.Griffen first.
Good to see you've still got 7 trades in hand.

Cheers mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

judd would be certain to play now? i was afraid cousins might replace judd but since his injured himself

It was never Cousins replacing Judd, that is stupid. It was Cousins replacing someone and the likely person was Judd because he is still injured. The fact that Cousins is injured has no impact on if Judd will play, he will play if deemed fit.

Has anyone done some rough calculations to estimate how low Bartel might go in price?

Let's assume he gets ~100 tonight (or when he next plays) and then about his average of 115 in the following game?

If he gets 70 tonight, he will go down by $34,600
If he gets 80 tonight, he will go down by $31,400
If he gets 90 tonight, he will go down by $28,200
If he gets 100 tonight, he will go down by $25,000

Has anyone done some rough calculations to estimate how low Bartel might go in price?

Let's assume he gets ~100 tonight (or when he next plays) and then about his average of 115 in the following game?

My rough estimate is if he keeps getting his average of about 115 per game, he'll drop about 17k-19k for the next 2 games, leaving him somewhere around the 390k-400k mark. If he only scores 100's ('only' lol) then he could drop by around 25k per game, he could be priced at a very tasty $375k or so.

Kane Cornes is also going to be excellent value in a couple of weeks unless he rips out a massive game, he should drop by almost $20k a game for the next 2 and should be around the $370k price point. Even lower if he has another sub-par game.

My rough estimate is if he keeps getting his average of about 115 per game, he'll drop about 17k-19k for the next 2 games, leaving him somewhere around the 390k-400k mark. If he only scores 100's ('only' lol) then he could drop by around 25k per game, he could be priced at a very tasty $375k or so.

Kane Cornes is also going to be excellent value in a couple of weeks unless he rips out a massive game, he should drop by almost $20k a game for the next 2 and should be around the $370k price point. Even lower if he has another sub-par game.

Good analysis tuzz :thumbsu:

The thing about C.Judd is that he may get tagged around the stoppages but he is still going to win the contest bcause he is just too good so sometimes teams focus on D.Kerr instead.
Every team on any given week will always have a player who either tags him or runs with him which reduces his chances of getting cheap marks around the groud significantly.

At the end of the day, if you want to be included in my Super Six you must be able to score 130-160 point games.

Chris Judd 2006 year

Round 5: DT 177 incl 23 kicks,16 handballs,6 marks,4 goals,8 tackles
Round 6: DT 123 incl 18 kicks,15 handballs,3 marks,1 goal,6 tackles
Round 7: DT 137 incl 20 kicks,12 handballs,3 marks,3 goals,6 tackles

do anything for ya theone5??? don't need marks when you rack up these kind of stats. or doesn't the 177 count because it was over 160 limit?

Chris Judd 2006 year

Round 5: DT 177 incl 23 kicks,16 handballs,6 marks,4 goals,8 tackles
Round 6: DT 123 incl 18 kicks,15 handballs,3 marks,1 goal,6 tackles
Round 7: DT 137 incl 20 kicks,12 handballs,3 marks,3 goals,6 tackles

do anything for ya theone5??? don't need marks when you rack up these kind of stats. or doesn't the 177 count because it was over 160 limit?

So he scored over 130 twice last year?
Not really Super Six quality.
Look at the stats from the other plays i mentioned in that Super Six.
Maybe that will keep you quiet for a while. :rolleyes:

Again, i agree with what you are saying.

Like i said, L.Hayes in full flight would be in the Super Six on any day of the week without a doubt.
He has averaged over 100 in his last 4 games and he can even do a lot better than that.
His knee injury last year and shoulder injury earlier this year are the obvious reasons as to why i have not selected him in my Super Six at this point in time.

C.Judd is averaging a measley 1.63 marks per game.
That is pathetic, in terms for Dream Team.

What Judd lacks lacks in marks he makes up for in tackles and goals. Once again it's interesting that you are downgrading Judd because of his lack of big scores, what if i told you he he is one of the only players EVER to have 3 consecutive 120+ DT scores?

130-160games? WTF? How many centres have EVER scored 160? If that's what you are basing your supersix on then your list would be short. 110-130 is more realistic.

Yeah, great post tuzz.
I only have a few trades left but if things are going well in 2 weeks injury-wise I may be tempted by either of these boys if they hit the 370-380K mark.
My midfield consists of West, Judd, P.Burg,Lappin,Power and Goodes but I'd love either one of them in there - could do Power to Bartel which would give me an excellent midfield for the finals.
Power's avg is 96 but an extra 10-20 pts in the finals could make all the difference. And gives me another captain option - I don't think I'll ever put Power captain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back