Multiplat AFL Evolution 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Played it for the first time last night and just had another sess on it before. Played as North in career mode, finished top 4 with 6 losses and lost in the prelim to GWS (who ended up taking out the premiership). Not bad for a first year professional coach! Picked up some decent free agents in Tom McCartin to replace Mason Wood and Riley Knight as midfield/forward depth, who have both contributed in my second season sitting 6th with one loss after 4 games. Riley Knights coming in handy with so many injuries i'm copping. Just on that - does anyone know how to reduce your amount of injuries?
Seems every game I get multiple players suffering injuries with many of them long term.

Had a hilarious glitch too just before. The ball dribbled out of bounds on the wing after an attempted clearance. When it dribbled out of bounds (quite clearly) the Freo player picked it up and played on, my player tackled him with no direction to do so and subsequently won a free for holding the ball. I'm like wait what?

My biggest gripe is the camera though, it's so far away that sometimes it's hard to identify where the ball is especially if it's in congestion. Then when you do take a mark the camera is awful it's hard to identify a free man in space to kick too (especially when no one runs past for a quick handball either) so most of the time i'm having to kick long and hope for the best. If you take a mark in defensive 50 I really think the camera should change to players pov so you can identify your options.

Out of curiosity, what system is this on? And is it a Pro/S, or original model?
Seen a few people saying they have fps issues, but the majority aren’t mentioning any?
Original XBone

Why the **** is the AI allowed to bump me 10m off the ball but I do it 1m away from the ball and I get done for charging?

Isn’t there 4 kick types from a set shot ?
I’ve just had 3 set shots with one kick type missing

Depends on what foot your player is and where you are on the field.

It takes away the snap shot depending on what pocket you're in and what foot the player kicks with because it makes no sense to be trying to snap around the corner while facing the boundary.

Out of curiosity, what system is this on? And is it a Pro/S, or original model?
Seen a few people saying they have fps issues, but the majority aren’t mentioning any?
Im playing on the pro and the game is playing like 15 fps

Xbone elite here I think (the one that came with the elite controller and 1TB of space when Blops 3 was released) and haven't had any major frame issues

Evo 1 had the update that improved crowd noise albeit from a base lower than soccer games I played on the 64. They really really need to fix the atmosphere. Should be a priority for next patch.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Really struggling with all the controls in this game. My brain keeps thinking that handball should be circle (PS4). Also, why on earth would they make the sprint button R2? Put it on the left so that your right hand is able to adjust easier and quicker to the magnitude of options it has, be it tackle, handball, kick, clearance kick, goal kick, mark, speccie etc etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really struggling with all the controls in this game. My brain keeps thinking that handball should be circle (PS4). Also, why on earth would they make the sprint button R2? Put it on the left so that your right hand is able to adjust easier and quicker to the magnitude of options it has, be it tackle, handball, kick, clearance kick, goal kick, mark, speccie etc etc
To be fair here most if not all sport games this is relevant to have circle as shoot and R2 as sprint.

Im still have trouble using the new buttons to spoil over Evo 1 despite not playing it for years, having to relearn 2 decades of R2 as spring and Circle as shoot woulld kill me.

R2 is sprint in literally ever other sport game I’ve ever played.

I was hoping there might have be a game speed setting so it'd be easier to slow the tempo and chip the ball around the field, but alas..

Evolution 1 had a speed setting in the options menu, where it could go from playing Speedy Gonzales style or in a slow pace (I used the slowest setting as that felt more realistic than playing in fast forward mode!).

For those who have it
What is the coach mode like?
Does it scratch that team management itch?
Do you need to actually play out the games or can you just simulate the results but still remain a decent amount of control on game tactics?

Anyone got any tips for aiming on snaps at goal? The other 3 types of kicks have the small aim arrow at the players feet but the snap just seems like a wild guess?

Other than that I’ve really enjoyed the rest of the experience so far 👌🏼

Depends on what foot your player is and where you are on the field.

It takes away the snap shot depending on what pocket you're in and what foot the player kicks with because it makes no sense to be trying to snap around the corner while facing the boundary.
Yep, that’d be why 😂

For those who have it
What is the coach mode like?
Does it scratch that team management itch?
Do you need to actually play out the games or can you just simulate the results but still remain a decent amount of control on game tactics?
For me, it doesn't scratch the itch that you get from career mode in other games. It's pretty barebones and the intuitiveness of the system needs a bit more work. I do like the customisation for staff though, and that you're allocated a budget and set a certain amount of spend for line coaches, physios, marketing etc.

I haven't tried simming games yet.

Off the top of my head, a few career mode additions I'd like to see:
- Stats leaderboard
- Set player instructions
- Be able to change a players position
- Nerf training, make it a bit more challenging for attribute upgrades
- State comps/reserve teams comps running alongside season

Most of those are relatively easy modifications I'd say and would improve career mode significantly

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL Evolution 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back