Multiplat AFL Evolution 2

Remove this Banner Ad

How'd you see this? No update on PS4 right now, just went in and nothing's changed
According to Facebook:

‘To update your player data in AFL Evolution 2, simply go into AFL Gameday and press Triangle on PS4, or Y on Xbox One to start the Evo Data update and follow the prompts.’

Before updating your data be aware that it is completely optional and does not require a patch and also this will completely overwrite all your existing player and team changes (except for your existing Career and Competition saves, these will remain unchanged)

According to Facebook:

‘To update your player data in AFL Evolution 2, simply go into AFL Gameday and press Triangle on PS4, or Y on Xbox One to start the Evo Data update and follow the prompts.’

Before updating your data be aware that it is completely optional and does not require a patch and also this will completely overwrite all your existing player and team changes (except for your existing Career and Competition saves, these will remain unchanged)
I can confirm this fixes up your AFL team and player ratings without removing all your custom teams...

However...

I’m seeing some downloaded players I have on custom teams being reset to different names...
I.e Nick Riewoldt is now Max Lynch
Luke Ball is now Cosmo Carr

maybe they were created from these original base players... and the reset has changed them back?!?!

I can confirm this fixes up your AFL team and player ratings without removing all your custom teams...

However...

I’m seeing some downloaded players I have on custom teams being reset to different names...
I.e Nick Riewoldt is now Max Lynch
Luke Ball is now Cosmo Carr

maybe they were created from these original base players... and the reset has changed them back?!?!

I'm convinced the actual patches when they drop will reset a lot of things too.

I still haven't adjusted any sliders or difficulty or camera angles or anything cos I bet quite a lot will change and I don't want to have to adjust everything again.

Just using this time to learn the controls. Even though I hope some of them change too. Like spoil is square/x depending on console, but to spoil in a certain direction is (from memory) a shoulder button + right analog stick.

I reckon it should just be right analog stick, no need for different buttons depending on which direction you want to punch it (and bump in marking contest could be assigned to a button instead. To me that's more intuitive. Actions to buttons and directions to sticks).

I think (it's been a while!) AFL Live was like that.

According to Facebook:

Will do and then check out if it fixes oversights like Pasini and Miers for some examples of ****ed up ratings.

Ok, so I gave into temptation and bought the game after AFL Evo 1 became a coffee coaster after playing two games.

First impressions are... it's pretty decent! Gameplay feels less clunky, and they have slightly fixed the fact you can get tackled every two seconds, which makes it more enjoyable. A couple of bugs still exist, such as when you get tackled after you clear a kick and somehow you're penalized with throwing the ball. Strange as.

However, can someone PLEEEEEASE explain a full breakdown of how you accurately win a marking contest? It is absolutely doing my head in, and resort to spoiling a majority of the time because I keep getting outmarked, no matter how early I press triangle to mark and sit in the centre of the marking circle.

Ok, so I gave into temptation and bought the game after AFL Evo 1 became a coffee coaster after playing two games.

First impressions are... it's pretty decent! Gameplay feels less clunky, and they have slightly fixed the fact you can get tackled every two seconds.

However, can someone PLEEEEEASE explain a full breakdown of how you accurately win a marking contest? It is absolutely doing my head in, and resort to spoiling a majority of the time because I keep getting outmarked, no matter how early I press triangle to mark and sit in the centre of the marking circle.
Press Y/Triangle at any point just once but be in the centre of the circle on the ground that closes. I can only mark well during Pro Mode though

I do enjoy the game. One thing that I find frustrating, however, is I get stuck in congestion quite often. Once I've got the ball through a free kick or mark I can hit up players for a lead and play possession footy, however, during a stoppage when the ball is thrown up I can get stuck for 2-3 minutes with whoever possessing the footy getting tackled straight away. Has anyone else had this issue and any tips to clear the ball out? I know you can use the triangle button for a quick clearance kick but even then I often get tackled instantly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Press Y/Triangle at any point just once but be in the centre of the circle on the ground that closes. I can only mark well during Pro Mode though

But that's what I've been doing, and yet get out-marked 75% of the time. Even tried pressing X to stand my ground, and the joystick to tussle, but again doesn't help. What happens if you press triangle more than once, does it 'reset' your timing of it?

Last edited:
I'd suggest adjusting the CPU slider on marking

Cheers, didn't realise I could adjust it.

I heard someone may have perfected the manual settings on all of the game sliders, making the game even more freeflowing? Does anyone have this handy by any chance?

Lobb is lucky to be 76.. you kidding yourself there.. :p
It's honestly a joke though when a useless spud like Cox is rated higher than him. He's better than guys like Brayshaw, McCarthy and Cerra above him too.

Edit: Just checked again, if you move him out of the forward line he becomes an 80 again

Last edited:
It's honestly a joke though when a useless spud like Cox is rated higher than him. He's better than guys like Brayshaw, McCarthy and Cerra above him too.

Edit: Just checked again, if you move him out of the forward line he becomes an 80 again
What do you mean by move him out for forward line his ratings change ????

I’m glad ratings-wise that Dusty/Danger/Fyfe are now all equal! Buddy down to a 91 is fair also given his age and injury history. Cripps still isnt a 95 though in my opinion, if he is then so is Bont/Neale

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL Evolution 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back