AFL Evolution - Launch thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Had to make an account & stop lurking to post this:
MARKING
* Soon as the ball is in the air, hold triangle button

* Let go of the triangle button as soon as the white circles meet.

* same goes for spoils just apply L2

= profit
Where in the circle do you try position yourself? In the middle of the circle or on the edge of the circle closest to the incoming ball?

dont have a ps4/xbox one, but am still interested to see how this game fares. last afl game i played was afl premiership 2007, and before that was afl live 2003.

i watched some bloke streaming it on twitch earlier. the gameplay seems alright, nothing groundbreaking. he played on the highest difficulty i think, the 150 odd disposals with only like a dozen effective disposals is pretty damning. it does seem like there's a big lack of free players. no idea if that can be fixed by changing from man marking to zones or something like that, but it just seems like a big tackle fest until the last man standing gets the clearance haha.

the gameplay does seem a bit similar to afl premiership 2007 in a way. pretty clunky, but the animations and general flow/quickness seems to have improved. i hope the longevity of it is good, cos if they keep releasing more year by year and keep improving i may consider forking out the cash for a new console. it's always a tough task to make an afl footy game to the standards of the nba 2k/madden nfl/fifa games in terms of realism. the sport is such a fast flowing, dynamic game it was always going to be tricky to get it perfect in a video game.

Sorry for being dopey, but I thought we were able to play TAC/VFL then get offers from various clubs at the end of the season.

Edit: Alright silly me found the options to choose VFL/TAC teams etc, if I do be a pro with one of them will I get offers from AFL teams at the end of the season or am I just putting myself at one of these teams and doing a career with them/in that league?

In career mode, when I get taken out for being fatigued, will the coach actually bring me back in if I watch the game, or do I just keep simming?

I totally expected the sim option to just be sim until the player is back into the game.
I'm the ****ing captain, easily have the most possessions on the field (while I'm in the game), yet I still miss at least 2 quarters worth of time. **** me.

Hi guys,

im from Germany an like the Aussie Football. The game will not in Europe.
So i want to download it from the US PSN Store or Australian PSN Store.

But i cant find it? Isnt it on the PSN Store yet?
It released early over here today, supposed to come out tomorrow our time.

So maybe wait a couple days and it'll be up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had to make an account & stop lurking to post this:
MARKING
* Soon as the ball is in the air, hold triangle button

* Let go of the triangle button as soon as the white circles meet.

* same goes for spoils just apply L2

= profit

Doesnt help if you want to change your mind what to do while the ball is in the air based on your positioning.

Jesus its a frikkin mess.

Youre kidding yourself if you thought it would be anything otherwise given wicked *itch's history, the history of AFL games in general and the lack of anything credible from the developer in the lead up to release. Feel sorry for all the kids around the place who have got their hopes up and are wasting their hard earned/dole cheques.

You can put yourself back on. Pause the game, go into the team lineup or whatever, and you can move yourself from the bench to wherever you want. I don't have the game but saw a streamer do that earlier. Seems there's a bug where the game won't put you back on the ground.
I got put back on during a game while watching.

After going up to level 2 I put all of my points into endurance which went up to 80 and meant I stayed on field for longer and came back on earlier.

Does anyone know how to do the 15m un-spoilable low kicks that the AI does so often?

Game is buggy as ****. Players teleporting all over the place. The ball teleporting all over the place. Players jumping 20 meters to mark a ball. Players marking the ball out of bounds. Playing online against my mate he ran through the goals to rush a behind, he went around the goal post and came back into play, it was play on so I tackled him and got a free kick in the square. My player was lining up for a set shot, then half way through the run up he turned 45 degrees to the left and kicks it straight out on the full. Then there is this shit:

He quit and I got the win, rather than waiting the extra 3 seconds and giving me the draw (and the trophy :( )

Outside of all the bugs, the game is quite fun though. Hopefully this isn't just a game they release and forget about and actually try to fix it.

Marking/spoiling seems to be a lucky dip. Every your player gets bumped 15 meters off the ball for an uncontested mark or you some how dive between 6 players legs to mark or spoil it.

Is that online ?

Hi guys,

im from Germany an like the Aussie Football. The game will not in Europe.
So i want to download it from the US PSN Store or Australian PSN Store.

But i cant find it? Isnt it on the PSN Store yet?

Its not going to be on the German PSN store

How did they replicate that photo
Of
Buddy holding the ball
As he is about to
Take
A shot on goal
So well ?? Yet to
See anything similar in the game , just clunky as fk animation lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad