AFL Evolution - Launch thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They could have borrowed the code from the NES game slapped 2017 on it and I'd be sold on it!

NES had a revolutionary feature called marking that consistently worked, even from a kickout.

Cant be assed scrolling through 30 odd pages to find the answer, but has anyone found out why your created players name becomes 'CENSORED Censored'??.

Cheers.

WW should post some footage of their devs playing a full game imo so we can see what's possible. There's definitely good things about this game but definitely more fun online than against the AI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cant be assed scrolling through 30 odd pages to find the answer, but has anyone found out why your created players name becomes 'CENSORED Censored'??.

Cheers.
You're either playing offline, or haven't done the update yet so the game is offline, the game can't verify your age so it censors things like that

"Censored" will happen on any games with UGC if you have any controllers connected without each and EVERY one of them being logged in. Have one controller in and make sure it is logged into a PSN account.

This is standard Sony PlayStation behaviour.

"Censored" will happen on any games with UGC if you have ANY controllers connected without being logged in. Have one controller in and make sure it is logged into a PSN account.

Ross doing troubleshooting for a game that isn't even his.

Have you had a look at the game yet Ross or nah?

I'm going to be getting the game later on today. As far as the player attributes go are there any that need a major overhaul. For example; too many players running too fast compared to real life, players not reaching the goal line with kicks at goal during play when they would in real life, such as Rich, suckling being able to kick a 65-70m long range goal during play, etc?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm going to be getting the game later on today. As far as the player attributes go are there any that need a major overhaul. For example; too many players running too fast compared to real life, players not reaching the goal line with kicks at goal during play when they would in real life, such as Rich, suckling being able to kick a 65-70m long range goal during play, etc?

I look forward to your player ratings.

You should integrate weirdos and Syrums creations into your uploaded teams so I don't have to do anything.

Rip into the game my friend

Other people have brought it up but the rucks are too fast. Forwards missing I don't think could be fixed by ratings, they just seem to be hardwired to make poor decisions.

By the looks of it you would need to change player ratings 1 by 1 is that correct, I would have thought that you could just go onto the HUB and download "best teams" like on Don Bradman, that worked really well, doing every player will take an eternity.

really enjoying the game so far, my career is a 198cm key forward who kicked 45 goals for Gippsland power and won the TAC Cup, Morrish Medal and Goal kicking.
Sadly i picked Western Bulldogs, time to tank so i get to the VFl

Do player's attributes even matter? After playing a few games I couldn't tell the difference between each player I've used.

I've found that marking is super important as even if you time it right you can be outmarkws if their marking stat is better than yours.

Speed may not make an impact when you are chasing but I've found that if you try to play on after a mark, speed helps there. I can mark and play on with Wingard and not be caught straight away, but play on with Trengove and get tackled in an instant.

Kicking attributes I've mainly noticed when you lock onto a receiver. A good kicker will kick out more out in front to give you more chance to mark.

The player switching is horrible. It doesn't select the closest to the ball, so you time your mark with the player you think you are only to find out its selected the player 10 meters away. You can never actually switch to the player you want, why can't I use the right stick to point to which player I want instead of the game randomly, and wrongly choosing for me? There is a good second delay before it actually changes the player after pressing the button.

I have done it. Buy it on the PSN Store for 99 Dollar:eek:

Im sure i enjoy it, because never played a AFL game and the most issues i will not see.
Because i dont have many Knowledge how it should be, as a guy from far away :)

Will post my minds...

Played three games on Easy difficulty. First one they blow me away 78-8:cool:, i dont no what i do. The second one was better and the third on i lost by 2 Points 34-36 with a 60yard Goal 0:03 before end.

I like it, only the crowd is more than terrible. I can remember NHL94 on Mega Drive had this better.

"Censored" will happen on any games with UGC if you have any controllers connected without each and EVERY one of them being logged in. Have one controller in and make sure it is logged into a PSN account.

This is standard Sony PlayStation behaviour.

We need you to come back and save us from these "balance sheet" games! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back